Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanwater pressuremoniquerrithicketflooringinns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I am normally the kind of person that likes to stay at the upper class hotels but beings this trip was already so expensive I decided to stay at this Red Roof Inn. I had to check in a day earlier than expected, it was about midnight when I arrived at the hotel. Since I am from South Dakota the bullet proof window kinda threw me off a bit but got checked in and went to a very clean and cooled room which is just what I wanted. I woke up in the morning refreshed and ready to tackle the day… the staff was so helpful on places to shop, eat or just relax for a couple of hours. I stayed at this hotel for 3 or 4 days and not once was I treated like a guest… they treated me as a person. A big smile when I walked into the office with questions, I left some items in the room and they went and found them right away. I think this was the first time that a hotel has ever treated me as if I mattered as a person and not just a guest staying there. I will recommend this Hotel to everyone and anyone staying in Columbia, SC. Very HIGHLY recommended!!! No more top high priced hotels for me. Lesson Learned!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Cher_SD
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Stayed here one night on the road to North Carolina. We were impressed with this inn last year. I think we might have been exhausted and the room we got last year was very clean. This year we were much less impressed. The rooms are worn looking and there were some shaddy characters in the parking lot. But the room was cheap and pets are free so it's still a good deal. It's a good place to crash for the night.
We actually weren't impressed with the first room they gave us and asked to see other rooms. We took the cleanest of three we examined.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank run-run-run
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Had a 3-4 day stay, Got there a day early and didnt have the room we needed . Ok understandable, we were there early so we took what room they had and just stayed, just because it would have been to much hassle to move to our room with 2 small children. The room was tiny, no blow dryer. Questionable people hanging around. Woke up the next morning to one of the house keepers trying to get in our room, without knocking. We told them not to come in each morning that we didnt need them, and you would think the day that we actually needed them to come in and freshen up our room they would , and they didnt. I guess they just stopped by to give us fresh towels. Didnt even bother to ask us if we needed the room clean. When we left, we had 4-5 bags of garbage , because they stopped checking to even see if we needed something. There was no remote. Horrible customer service, the ice machine didnt work, and charged my friends credit card when she paid cash! Good thing we will never have to come back to sc. We were there for her husbands graduation from basic training for the army and got treated like dirt.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank pbjmomma
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Hotel was in decent location to gate 4 of fort jackson. And there was a Restaurant next to it called the Lizard Thicket, great food at good prices. Now that was the only good things about this hotel. Ten minutes after arriving we noticed that there were 6 cops in the parking lot check out one particular vehicle. I guess i shouldve felt safer. lol...We had towels but no wash cloths, no shower pressure, and the curtain was hung too high so the water went right on the floor. the sheets werent changed and the beds werent made correctly by housekeeping. when asked about this, the service desk replyed"we dont always change the sheets. like i said not bad for a basic training graduation, but def not the best option. and the last thing is that the ice machines didnt work.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Bigzimnh1
Reviewed 19 April 2011

The room was very clean, but the beds were not all that comfortable. I did not realize that there was no hair dryer provided, otherwise I would not have booked the room as I did not pack my own.

There was a vagrant harassing people for money in the parking lot at night, but when I called the front desk, they sent someone out right away to run the person off. The manager also discounted the room $15 due to the disturbance, which I felt was necessary but was appreciated.

If I stay here again, I would get the king room with a fridge etc.

• Stayed: April 2011