“Small problem but fixed immediately.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson

Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson
Ranked #52 of 97 Hotels in Columbia
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“Small problem but fixed immediately.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

I took my wife to the zoo again. This is a great place for us. The thermostat in our room was broken so they quickly gave us another room. No complaints. Very speedy checkout. We can recommend this place. Often see police hanging out here ... no problems seen. Lizard's thicket next door was great. We forgot that we could have gone to the see the Lights at the Zoo when we arrived. Will have to remember for next year.

Room Tip: We use the handicap room because they have handles for getting in and out of tub.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Dear Mr. Albright,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! I certainly am glad to hear that the small problem was fixed very quicky and the new room more than satisfied you. The staff is always excited to see you and your wife each visit, and we certainly look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your wife!

Daniel Packard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Westtown NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

We stayed here for one night, found the staff friendly and helpful. Room was clean with no odors. Restaurants nearby. No frills hotel but clean. good southern restaurant next door, Easy access to I 20 and I 77.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Thank you very much for the wonderful comments based on your recent stay. I will make certain I share your comments with the entire staff. We work very hard each day to ensure we provide the best value in our industry, and to ensure we make each guest feel Confident, Significant, and Delighted.

I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our town.

Daniel Packard, GM
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Door won't shut, no towels just wash clothes, bathroom outlet don't work for daughters hair dryer and curling iron, heater knob fell off when turned up heat, bugs all over bathroom and dresser, lobby has no supplies such as toothpaste or razors, drugees in the back, wow! I chose it because a stayed a red roof inn in Tuson Arizona for my sons baseball tourney that was wonderful, whatta difference. Lots of hotels just across the street, stay there.

Matt

• Stayed November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Thank you very much for your review. However, I am terribly sorry to hear of all the issues you encountered during your stay. Feedback from our guests is critical so that we can identify areas of opportunity, then work as a team to correct them for our future guests.

I certainly hope you continue to think of Red Roof Inns for your travel needs. Also, I would appreciate the chance to welcome you back to this hotel the next time you are travelling in this area.

Daniel Packard

Travellers are raving about these Columbia hotels

Poo, Asturias, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Stopped at the Red Roof on our way back from Philly. The guy working at the front desk was really nice and was great at his job. Got to our room, it looked like it had be hit by a natural disaster at some point. There appeared to be water damage of some sort, holes in the ceiling, peeling paint, black mold and smelled worst then it looked. Left to get something to eat came back and decided that we would rather drive somewhere else at 10pm than to stay in this room. My husband went and talked to the nice guy working at the desk, and was informed that you only have 15 minutes to decide you don't want to say and not get charged. He did move us upstairs to a different room, it was slightly better (and we didn't have any other options at that point) I went to walgreens and bought Lysol spray, perfumes and a candle. I didn't take my socks off because of the mystery stains on the floor. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, so bad that I woke up in tears at 4am and packed my stuff and got back on the road. I have to wonder how the health department doesn't shut places like this down. I will never stop at another red roof, and I'm surprised by the positive feedback below my comment.

Room Tip: Ask for the room in the picture.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cherie S
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Dear Cherie,

Thank you very much for your review. However, I am terribly sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. Because feedback from our guests is critical, could you please contact me to discuss the specific issues you raised while visiting our property? I certainly want to address these with you, plus it is very important we correct any deficiencies before another guest experiences the same issues.

Again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit, and I hope to speak with you about your specific stay very soon.

North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

I travel every weekend for business and I always try to keeps costs down. The staff were great, and very professional.I expected the rooms to be run down, because usually for what I pay, well...they are. These rooms appeared to be newly redone. My room had a nice king bed, and a desk coming out of the wall facing the tv. The ac was quiet and the walls were thick enough to keep the noise from the adjacent rooms out. I cant give it a perfect because there is no free breakfast, and there were some sketchy customers hanging out in the parking lot that night. Aside from that, I feel its one of the best deals in Columbia.

Room Tip: Stay on the same side as the office.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Columbia East-Ft. Jackson. We are always delighted to read wonderful reviews from very satisfied guests. Every team member is integral in the success this hotel achieves. I will make certain they are informed of these comments.

Again, thank you for your wonderful review and we sincerely look forward to serving you again in the near future.

New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

The new renovations is excellent, very clean which is most important.Management, and staff are wonderful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you very much for the excellent review, based on your most recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate hearing from our satisfied guests. I will be certain that each staff member is made aware of your comments.

We certainly look forward to serving you again in the near future and will work very hard to exceed your expectations again.

Columbia, S.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

If you are ever in the Columbia, S.C. area and are near I77 or I20, Two Notch Rd., then this hotel is a MUST stay!My husband and I travel all over southeast U.S. And the hospitality and upscale quality of the Red Roof Inn are most excellent! All the rooms have been totally remodeled in modern decor, immaculately clean and have the comfort of a home away from home. Most of all is the affordability.
The staff went above and beyond the norm of regular hotel staff to be accommodating. helpful and courteous. One employee, most particularly, John, the maintenance man, went out of his way to help my husband and I get situated into our room. John even transported us from a place where we were staying, to the Red Roof Inn. My husband is handicapped and this was a life saver for us. Saved us a lot of money on cab-fare. He totally went above his duties and of his job requirements to help us. Thanks to John, you made all of the difference!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for the positive review of both our hotel and staff members. We work very hard each day to meet or exceed our guest's expectations, and I am glad to hear we were successful in doing so for you. I will make sure to pass along to each staff member mentioned your positive comments. We look forward to serving you again in the very near future.