“Renovated and nice!”

Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson
Ranked #54 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed here while traveling with our dog. I love that Red Roof doesn't charge a pet fee, when most others do. This hotel is updated and decorated very nicely for the price and class of hotel. Walking distance to several restaurants.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear NcJojo,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review from your most recent stay. It is always great to hear from our satisfied customers! We work extremely hard each day to make each guest feel Confident, Significant, and Delighted. I will make certain each staff member is aware of your comments.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Columbia, SC area. I can assure you our goal is to provide you with the level of service & comfort you received during your last visit.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Spent the night on our trip south. Room was large and very clean . Beds were very comfortable. Shanika at the front desk was exceedingly friendly and helpful. Many places to eat in the vicinity. Nice flat screen TV. Only complaint- no tissues.

Stayed: December 2013
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Ruby,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review from your most recent stay. I will be certain to inform the entire staff, including Shaneka, of your comments. I do apologize to you for there being no tissue in your room. I certainly understand how inconvenient that would be. I will make certain that tissue will be included in every guest room for all future visitors.

Please be certain to stay with us again the next time you are in the Columbia, SC area. I can assure you we will work extremely hard to provide you with the level of comfort you have come to expect from the Red Roof Inn Columbia East-Ft. Jackson. Happy New Year!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel Dec 17,2013 for graduation at Ft. Jackson. Noticed as we entered room floors were not vacuumed and there was a wire hanger laying in the floor. That we overlooked. However I woke at 4am to use bathroom and a COCKROACH was crawling down the bathroom door. The manager offered us $7.00 back for our "inconvenience". After I expressed that that was not good enough, that I felt we should be refunded our money as this was not an ant or some other harmless bug they offered a free next night stay, NO THANKS!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Carpenters5912
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Carpenter,

I do apologize for the shock of seeing a roach in your room. Obviously, our standard is that the room be pest-free for all our valued customers. I have relayed your concern about pests to our pest management company for review/additional treatment. Please accept my apology for this incident.

I will be sending you a voucher for a free night that you can use at any Red Roof Inn. This voucher will be valid for one year. I appreciate your disappointment in the cleanliness of your room. I certainly hope we don't lose you as a Red Roof Inn customer.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Pluses - Appears to be recently renovated/upgraded. Price was great for traveling with pets. Having two was OK. No extra charges for pets like the other places I searched in the area. Room was nicer than I expected for the price. Shanika (sp?) was very helpful, nice, and pleasant when making the reservation by calling direct. Had an area out back for pets/pet wast disposal, smoking, and a grill. King bed and pillows very comfortable, sheets and towels good condition. Location appeared safe enough. No disturbing noise from anywhere entered our room. Coffee/tea minimal in room. Coffee available in office.

Negatives - Most of the room appeared clean except for hair and dirt left on bathroom floor. Wished water pressure was higher at sink. Could not connect free wifi due to weak signal. Maybe ask at desk during check-in for a room nearer the broadcast antenna if this important. We were about at nearly the farthest room from the office if that's the only broadcast location. Was told bottled water provided to RediCard members had just run out the day before when asked for some.

Room Tip: Ask for a room nearer wifi service if this is important to you. Appears it doesn't reach all uni...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you very much for the response from your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Columbia East-Ft. Jackson. We work extremely hard each day to ensure we provide the best value in the lodging industry, not just here in Columbia, SC, but in the entire United States. The issues raised concerning the connectivity of our WIFI are being researched so all future guests will not have these same issues.

We greatly appreciate your comments, and we ask that you stay with us again when you are in Columbia, SC. Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stopped here several years ago and decided not to return. We heard that the Red Roof chain had made an overhaul and this property proved it! The staff was friendly and the Manager, Dan, was exceptional. I realized, as we countinued our trip south, that I had pulled the wire out of my iphone adapter and left it in the socket. I called the front desk and Mr. Packard offered to send it to me. That is above the call of duty. We will definitely stay here again! PS: They are Pet Friendly!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mrs. O'Reilly,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review from your recent stay. It is always nice to hear from satisfied guests. We work extremely hard each day to deliver the best value in the lodging industry.

The entire staff looks forward to seeing you and your husband the next time you are in the Columbia, SC area. Thank you again, and have a Happy Holiday season!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

great staff very helpful check in and out less when two minutes
very clean room
had good sleep very quiet
felted very safe parking lot well lite and secure .
would be nice if rooms had parking spots were assigned to each room
coffee needs work powder cream ?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you very much for the great review of your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Columbia East-Ft. Jackson. We really appreciate the acknowledgement that our daily hard work is paying off. I will make certain the entire staff is made aware of your wonderful comments.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future. I can assure you we will as hard, if not harder, to ensure you will be as satisfied as you were with your recent stay. Thanks again, and have a great holiday season!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We travel back and forth from Florida to Pennsylvania several times a year and are always looking for a good hotel for our one night stay. This trip we left a little later than usual so did not make it to one of our regular hotels. We found this Red Roof and decided to give it a try. We were so pleased we did. We were given a wonderfully large room with a very large and comfortable bed. We got there a few hours before going to bed and so were able to use the very efficiently set up computer desk. The lighting was great over the bed and each side of the bed had a small table to set our glasses before retiring. There was a refrigerator, safe and mircowave in the room. We were amazed that all three were available for such a reasonably priced room. I was able to log into the free internet service with no hassle and no password and it stayed connected for our whole stay. Shaneka was helpful and pleasant when we checked in and out. There was no breakfast in the morning which might be important to some folks but it isn't to us so that wasn't even a negative. We were a little concerned in the beginning because the front door was locked and had a police woman on guard. We had to go in a side door and was not allowed in the lobby. No sure what this was about but the whole stay was safe, secure, comfortable and pleasant. We will definitely stay there again..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Marlene W,

Thank you very much for the great review from your most recent visit. We always enjoy hearing from our satisfied guests. I will make sure the staff is made aware of your great comments. I do want you to know that the entire team works extremely hard each day to make our customers feel Confident, Significant, and Delighted.

We certainly hope to see you the next time you are in the Columbia, SC area. I can assure you we will be try to make your stay as successful, if not more, than your most recent visit.