“Clean bed for a good price”

Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson
Ranked #53 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Brampton, Canada
“Clean bed for a good price”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped here enroute to Florida and were happy with what we got for the price. It was close to the highway, clean and comfortable. The front desk was very helpful when we had an issue with the toilet not flushing and were immediately given another room as there was no maintenance on Sunday. There is also a lovely restaurant nearby that serves delicious southern food for a good price.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
chicago
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It is clearly an old property with all of the problems of age. That said, it has been updated/ remodeled and it was decent for the price. Good water pressure, a high enough shower head, an expander for the shower curtain, and a flat screen TV. This was a decent hotel for significantly less then the next tier up of hotels. It was the halfway point of our trip and we arrived late. They were sold out and the check in process was creepy with a locked window and the front desk person walked off with my license and credit card for close to 5 minutes. I was getting concerned, but when she came back she got me checked in and returned my cards. The room was above average for this price/ class of hotel but the check in was below average because of the whole glass and lock out of customers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jackblack1965
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear jackblack1965,

Thank you very much for the review from your recent stay here at the Red Roof Inn Columbia East-Ft. Jackson. We strive to provide the best value in the lodging business. We did undergo a complete interior renovation last year, and recently finished a complete exterior paint application. We believe that keeping the property fresh and clean helps provide the value our loyal guests are looking for and love about Red Roof Inns.

We certainly hope you continue to stay at Red Roof Inns whenever you travel. The staff and management here at the Red Roof Inn Columbia East-Ft. Jackson certainly hope to see you again soon, as well.

Sevierville
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Rooms were dark. Floors nasty. Bathroom filthy. Commode had a red ring in it and a left over hair on the rim. Tub looked like it had not been cleaned forever. The shower curtain had mildew on the bottom. There was an empty whisky bottle an tissue or something under one of the beds.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank DDDoane
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for the condition of the room when you checked in. This is totally unacceptable and it will be reviewed with the housekeeping staff in order to prevent this from occurring in the future.

Please consider staying with us again, so that we can show you that your previous stay was not the normal condition of our guest rooms. Again, thank you for the review and I do apologize on behalf of Red Roof Inn.

Travellers are raving about these Columbia hotels

Hardy, Virginia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Very convenient location--several restaurants within walking distance just across the highway. Courteous and helpful staff at the check in desk. The room was clean but showed its age. The bed was comfortable. Had one set of towels in a room with two double beds. We had to go to the desk to get an additional set. The air conditioner was extremely loud--something was loose and rattled when the compressor kicked on. This is a bare bones motel with the primary amenity being coffee in the lobby. Many reviewers gave this motel relatively high ratings, so I expected a bit more--I anticipated this to be a diamond in the rough based on those reviews. The rate was relatively low, but if you want anything more than just an asdequate place to sleep, find a different motel and pay a bit more.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Ed M,

Thank you very much for the review of your recent stay here at the Red Roof Inn Columbia East-Ft. Jackson. I read the review with mixed emotions. Obviously, I was pleased to read that the staff was courteous and friendly, and that the bed was comfortable. However, I was disappointed to read the air conditioner was not quiet when operating. Also, the proper amount of towels not being in the room at time of your check in was upsetting.

We certainly can do better and would ask you give us another opportunity to provide you with the quality of stay the overwhelming majority of guests attest to. We would love the second chance.

Oak Island, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have had occasion to stay at this Red Roof twice in the last month. This is everything a Red Roof should be. Updated with nice accommodations, friendly staff, and if you're traveling with a pet lots of grassy area. I had to stay an extra day and the staff scrambled to allow me to stay in my room even though they were booked. Nice bonus is a home cooking restaurant next door, The Lizard Thicket. Good Value. Enjoy. I rated location only a four because there is a train track close by, but I only noticed one passing around 7:30 in the morning.

Room Tip: Back rooms are closer to the dog walk area.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Seadream698,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review from your most recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Columbia East-Ft. Jackson. Our pet friendly policy sure makes travelling easier, knowing we're just about everywhere!

We certainly look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Columbia area. We will be waiting eagerly to serve you.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I don't stay at many Red Roof Inn properties, mostly because there is usually a place a little more upscale close by. But this Red Roof Inn far exceeded my expectations. The room, which had been recently remodeled, was clean and had everything I needed for my one night stay. The bed was very comfortable. The wireless Internet (WiFi) was extremely fast. The flat-screen HD TV had a terrific picture and almost a hundred channels (about a third in HD) were available, including HBO. All of the staff that I met were very friendly, courteous, and professional. There was only one minor shortfall: the in-room safe was locked upon my arrival. This was not a problem as I was not planning on using the safe anyway. I did, however, report it to the front desk, and sure enough, a credit appeared on my bill for the inoperable safe the next morning when I checked out. I would definitely stay at this Inn again. You can't beat the value you get for the very reasonable room rate!

Room Tip: There's no elevator, but rooms on the second floor had a better view, and perhaps were quieter a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear John C,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review of your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Columbia East-Ft. Jackson. It was really great to read we exceeded your expectations! That is our goal at Red Roof Inn each and every day. Remodeled rooms which are clean and comfortable, modern amenities, professional yet friendly customer service, all at a great price........WOW! We couldn't have said it better ourselves!

The entire staff here looks forward to your next visit. I can assure you we will work every bit as hard to make your next stay every bit as enjoyable as your most recent one. Thanks again for your kind words.

chicagoland
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were one of the families attending family day graduation at nearby Fort Jackson and needed a place to sleep. I booked two rooms as the rates were good. Both rooms were quite clean. My wife and I stayed in a King and the others stayed in a double queen. The atmosphere was quite good--the staff were friendly and helpful and the other residents were quiet and respectful. I have been travelling quite a bit in the last few years and not stayed and Red Roof Inns. This one is quite good and I can recommend it without reserve. The bathrooms were clean and without problems. The AC worked well, it was quiet, and we never felt unsafe.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Joshaurora,

Thank you very much for your awesome review of your recent stay with us. It is great to read we were able to provide you with the level of service, cleanliness, and comfort you expect from a much more expensive hotel. Our team members work extremely hard each and every day towards this mission.

On behalf of the entire Red Roof Inn Columbia East-Ft. Jackson team, we want to thank you and your family for the sacrifices you make being part of a military family. There is no greater sacrifice or higher calling, and you make what we do possible.

We certainly hope to see you again, and would love to provide you with another opportunity to do what we do best. Thank you again.