“My stay at Affordable Suites in Columbia”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #61 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Donna S

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Getting checked in was not the easiest. The girl at the counter was distracted and had to make several calls to try to find two rooms that were close together. Check in was 3:00 and we got there at 3:20 so we were not early. After about 20 minutes my husband came in looking for me, he thought something was wrong but it wasn't it was just a long check in process. That was the only negative. I would stay there again. My litte girl loved the pool! The two rooms ended up being a long way apart but that wasn't a huge deal ! The breakfast wasn't that good but being the cheapo that I am we ate there anyway. lol

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The only words to use for the service received and accommodations is Excellent.
I needed a place to stay with my husband and son visiting our daughter who graduated from basic training at Ft. Jackson and the hotel suited our needs perfectly! We got a great online deal. The place was easy to find and check-in was quick and easy even though we checked-in near midnight. Our room was spacious and clean and comfortable.
The employees all friendly and customer service oriented.
Thanks to all at Affordable Suites.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ManatiFrances
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The husband, my one year old and myself stayed here for three days. Caught the tail end of Memorial Weekend. Other than a couple of old burn marks in the vanity areas flooring.... I have NO COMPLAINTS!!!! After reading all the previous reviews I almost chose another place. Glad I didnt :) This place is an old Residence Inn so their rooms are like mini apartments. VERY clean, no bugs, no mold....no pubic hair in sheets or towels. The housekeeping did not barge into my room....even if it had been unlocked they knock loud enough for the entire building to hear. Staff was great and if we find ourselves back in Columbia I wouldnt hesitate staying there again. We were in bldg 3 rm 311

Water was always hot. Good pressure.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I needed a place to stay with my mom and sister and this suited our needs perfectly! We got a great mobile online deal the day of. The place was easy to find and check-in was quick and easy even though we checked-in near midnight. Our room was spacious and clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank luvbuz
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Because of a cancelled flight, I arrived at the hotel at 1:30 am and found a half dozen police cars at the hotel and an ambulance to take the naked bloody man that was threatening to kill people and wouldn't leave a friend of a friend's room that later learned was tripping on something major. Went to my room, wedged a chair under the door handle and hit the bed and fall asleep around 2. Wake up at 6:30 to what sounds like tapping at my door. Stumble to the peep hole and my neighbor is smashing beer cans on the sidewalk outside his room and my room. Too tired to care, I go back to bed and wake up at 7:30 to the tv news blaring next door. Neighbor is sitting on his cooler smoking and since he can't do it in his room, has the door open and the tv at full volume so he can hear it from the sidewalk. Got breakfast and come back to find the neighbor back in his room with the door open and a pit bull between me and my room. We stare at each other and I take a wide berth around through the parking lot up through a flower bed but she cuts me off on the other sidewalk outside my room. So she ends up being nice, so much so I had to push her out of my room without offending her enough to maul me. Realize this place is low income housing. Before I leave for the day 6 more police vehicles roll in: two cars and four Drug Enforcement SUVs. After my business, I went back to the hotel to grab my bag and leave for for the airport and find four new police on the other side of the building.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Joel N
ASDColumbia, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Words aren't enough to express my sincere apologies for the horrible encounters you experienced while staying here at the hotel. Please know that we value your comments and share them with our hotel staff regularly. You handled this situation ten times better than I would have. I commend you for your patience and candor. It is truly our job to provide you with a comfortable and memorable experience and we dropped the ball. We hope on your next visit you will give our hotel another chance.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Our company places several of our travel nurses here while they are on short term contracts with the hospital. This place is clean, comfortable and safe. The office staff is amazing. We have been using them for the past few years and each and every person in the office has been wonderful. They are always friendly and go out of their way to make sure our nurses are happy!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business