Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfull kitchenliving areaflat screenriverbanks zoojacksonft
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was very unsatisfied with this hotel and the room. I went to the front desk with intentions of checking out early. Upon explaining the situation the front desk clerk (Billy) really showed concern to my issue made sure to accommodate me and my husband to another room on a bttm floor where it was more convenient for both him and I. Long story short (billy) changed my mind about this hotel and the accommodation to the other rm was so much better. Thank you affordable suite for turning my negative into a positive. Great job again to Billy for the exceptional customer service. Definitely
Will be returning.

• Stayed: April 2014
Adam M, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear fjefferson82 -

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to post your thoughts on TripAdvisor. I apologize for any issues you had during your stay, but I am pleased that Billy was able to take care of you.

Again, thank you for your stay, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Columbia.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had some difficulty getting a reservation for the weekend of our visit to Columbia and ended up at The Affordable Suites. I read previous reviews and was not anticipating a five star experience. The hotel is apparently designed for extended stays and perhaps works well for that purpose. However, even though it was not very expensive I did not think it a very good value. We rented a two bedroom two bath unit and I was surprised to find we had to walk a good distance and up a flight of steps to get to it. There is no elevator and this can be a real problem for a person with mobility issues. We had not thought to ask but certainly had no indication of this. The room was very dated with terrible dark carpeting and unattractive furniture. It was very dark. Towels and soaps were skimpy and thin. It was relatively clean but they do not offer cleaning or make beds on a daily basis. I called about having the sheets changed and the maid came and dropped off a large bag of sheets which were left in the living area the remaining two days of our stay. I had specifically asked if the unit was two bedrooms and was not told the second bedroom was actually an open loft. Certainly not private or separated by a door. Additionally, I was irritated by the charge being applied immediately upon check in instead of when we checked out. Then when I asked to have it credited so that we could split the cost with another person the desk clerk didn't know how to do that. Also, I did not go to breakfast but my husband indicated it was basically cereal, oatmeal and grits. Overall, I would definitely not choose to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon M
Adam M, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Sharon M. -

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am disappointed that your stay was not up to expectations.

We are in the final stages of completing an upgrade, and it is very possible your room was not one of the newly updated ones.

While it is true that we do not service rooms every day, I am very discouraged about the sheet issued you described. That is not how we handle requests, and I am disappointed that this happened.

I would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you, as I would like to investigate the issues you discussed, along with see if I can do anything else for you. Please reach out to me at adam@affordablesuites.com at your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

One of the best places we have stayed! Very friendly staff, nice clean rooms. Quiet and clean premises.Free breakfast was great.Rooms are like apartments. We felt at home. Family friendly.Will come back!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank ttjcr
Adam M, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

TTJCR -

Thank you for your recent stay. We really appreciate that you chose to stay with us.

We greatly appreciate the kind words about our property. As the new General Manager, I take pride in taking care of our guests, and I am pleased that you were satisfied with your stay.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Columbia.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Room basically clean very dated no signs of bugs. Do not expect your bed to be made, or clean towels every day. Non smoking room had an odor of smoke. Breakfast very basic. The suites near the interstate, easy on easy off.

Room Tip: Ground floor had noises from above
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Instructor2

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Columbia. We really appreciate your business.

I have read your comments, and I thank you for taking the time to respond online. I am looking for ways to improve service, and your comments are a great help in that regard.

As for the service to your room, you are correct when you state we do not service every room, every day. However, as of April 14th, we have edited our cleaning schedule to ensure we are in each room a minimum of 5 times per week, with never more than 1 day between visits. This works well for our extended stay guests, who do not want service every day. Please know that, although we may not have your room scheduled to be serviced, we are glad to clean your room to your liking. Simply tell the desk how often and what type of service you want, and we will make sure it happens.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. If there is anything else I can do for you, feel free to reach out to me at 803.779.7000, or via email adam@affordablesuites.com

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Our room was filthy. Mystery stains, moldy shower curtain and tub, the blankets we had to ask for (your expected to use the bedspreads which I would not do in a real hotel) were stained. The room smelled, not like cigarettes, just smelled. We booked for five people: there were two of the scratchiest towels I have ever felt, no tissue box and just the half roll of toilet paper in the bathroom. There were cigarette butts littered outside our door. The lights in the kitchen were broken and there were no bulbs in the bed side lamps. My husband asked for some and the very pleasant staff explained they were on order. The breakfast was a joke: grits but no eggs or bacon. The kitchen ladies were lovely as well as the other staff all of whom politely and respectfully made excuses for management. We will certainly never stay again at an Affordable Suite again. By the way there is a green that appears to have been some form of mini golf, my kids asked for clubs and balls but were told there are none.

Stayed: March 2014
Adam M, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Gajenz -

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I wanted to sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. There is no excuse for what you encountered, and I will do everything I can to ensure issues like this do not happen again.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that I have already addressed the issue with the staff at our daily meeting. In addition, we have created a new position effective immediately to ensure issues like this do not happen again. Additionally, I am already in the process of upgrading the breakfast. We will have eggs and meat back on the menu by April 15th.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I would like the opportunity to discuss your issues in more detail and see what we can do for you. I can be reached via email at adam@affordablesuites.com, or by phone at 803/779-7000, x 2500.

Thank you for your candid comments.