“It's all fun & games 'til someone has to take a cold shower!” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia
Ranked #22 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Cincinnati, Ohio
“It's all fun & games 'til someone has to take a cold shower!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

This is an old hotel with a very good nice looking renovation. It's priced appropriately for the average quality and location...cheaper than downtown and NW Harbison areas. The rooms are spacious, all public areas and guest rooms nicely redone. That having been said, there are some things you just can't change about an old hotel without a huge financial commitment.... during high demand times in the morning you just can't get hot water and the a/c units are loud. If you give yourself an extra 20-30 minutes of letting the water run on hot you can eventually get a nice steamy shower but don't expect to get one any sooner than that if alot of other guests are also showering. At other times, like afternoon, you'll get hot water within 5 mins. We had a king suite. They seem to have a large percentage of king suites so if you're eligible for an upgrade you have a good shot at it. The suite was spacious with a dining table, frig and pull out sofa. However, don't plan on sleeping on the pull out sofas. It's impossible unless you leave it folded up and just sleep on it as a couch. The mattress on the pull out feels like you are sitting on meshed wire with no covering and even a kid can't sleep on that thing. I couldn't even sit on it when it was folded out like a bed! Lounge was very cute and good service there. The restaurant buffet was luke warm in the morning and the servers were friendly. Service over all was average. Would I stay here again? Maybe, if I can't find anything else available at a reasonable price. I can't complain since the King bed was comfy, it was clean and spacious and I only paid in the $80s which I felt to be a bargain on a high demand weekend.

Room Tip: Seem to be lots of King Suites if you're eligible for an upgrade you should have a good chance o...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

The hotel Doubletree was all I had hoped for. The rooms were very clean. The bedding was clean and fresh. Loved the sleep number mattresses. The bathrooms looked as tho they had been recently remodeled. Granite counter tops. We enjoyed our stay there very much. They offered us warm chocolate chip cookies when we checked in, I thought that was a great touch. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. We eat one night at their restaurateur. Their food was wonderful and the staff there were very nice. Loved the experience. The bar there is great too. I love watching the show called "Hotel Impossible" on the Travel Channel with Anthony Melchiorri. I looked for all the things he looks at when he goes into a place. He would have given Doubletree three thumbs up and a AAA score. I would recommend them to everyone.

My least favorite things are minor. The Restaurateur prices was a tad bit high and the menu was a little limited in the chooses. And they really need a bigger sign out front so you can find them.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

This hotel was better than I thought it would be. The design is nice and from what I understand this used to be a Radisson. When we first walked in, we were greeted at the reception. They quickly found our reservation and gave us our room keys. They even offered us warm cookies! (they are kept behind the counter in a mini oven) Our room was nice and clean and had sleep number beds.(How awesome is that?!?!) I liked the design of the room and the furniture in the building overall was very nice. I would like to add that I have pretty bad allergies and the hotel must have been clean because I would have been hacking my head off if it weren't. The hallways were nice and lit and there was ample parking.

There were a few down sides to this stay. #1. Our air conditioning unit didn't seem to be working, which wasn't really an issue because i had a summer cold and didn't want it on. #2. My sleep number bed didn't work. :-( #3 The tub was slow to drain.
Overall I enjoyed my experience and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DCTravelBunny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

We were traveling and decided we needed to stop for the night. For the price it was what we needed: clean, priced right, and easy to find. The only issues were that our AC cover was held on with scotch tape and fell off during the night (scared me bc I thought someone was in the room). From the looks of it, it may have been done by a previous guest who was trying to avoid incidental charges. The other more pressing issue was that in the morning we had NO hot water in the shower. The sink was fine but none in the shower. My husband suffered through it. We were on a time crunch so didn't call to ask for another room but we did mention on the way out. The receptionist quickly said sorry and offered us free breakfast. We explained we were in a rush so the offered it to go. Again we were only there for a short time and it fit our needs.

• Stayed July 2012
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

I think one of the things I am learning to like about DoubleTree is none of them are the same. Typically a re-branded hotel with the DoubleTree service levels, as this one is.
I have been here a half a dozen times and always enjoy my stays.

Room Tip: The X55 Rooms are Jacuzzi suites.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert H
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

The Doubletree Inn on Bush River Road looks great on the inside; a chic retro-modern decor with really nice seating areas and a nicely themed restaurant with rich, dark wood and silk drapery to separate booths from one another.

The conference area looks worn and in need of new carpet. As far as conference rooms go, the one I was in was average - although the A/V support was really good.

The staff - and I mean every person I encountered who worked for the hotel - was professional, friendly, and went out of their way to make sure my stay was enjoyable.

The entrance to the Doubletree is not well marked and then you have to drive up past what looks like an abandoned house/business. There was a 18 wheeler parked on the driveway the days I was there.

The room was okay - I was too tired to take notice.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RichBrown27526
virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

Staff was very charming, nice big room, lots of space, huge sit down shower, had balcony, food not so good, but easy access to interstate.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family