“National AG BAll”

Ranked #25 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia, United States
“National AG BAll”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Great facility. Rooms are excellent. Food is vey good - even feeding 700 people at one time. Thursday night dinner was very good. Will definitely stay again. Staff is courteous and helpful. Check-in and check-out was efficient. Overlall a very nice hotel, conveniently located to main roads and the city of Columbia.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Steve_Graves2, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear David R,
Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate your comments about our staff and our property. I will be sure to pass your kudos along to the team. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Columbia. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we look forward to your next visit!
Steve Graves-General Manager, Doubletree Columbia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I booked this hotel room for two nights, as my convention was being held in the hotel and it was con venient. Also, I felt that the Hilton name was trustworthy and clean... Low and behold, I was LET DOWN! This hotel is very out dated and walls are super thin! I was alone on this trip and did feel safe, so that was not an issue, which was comforting! The walls were thin, I heard my neighbors next door, door slamming, the lights under the doors, etc! Also, they claim to be smoke free and for the past two hours, ALL I smell is cigarette smoke coming through the walls, hallway, A/C. And that has ruined it for me!

Very disappointed! Will not recommend to others - sad to claim that this is a Hilton name brand. You'd expect more!

Room Tip: Don't book here...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Steve_Graves2, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear Rachel G,
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. This is certainly hard to hear but we appreciate you alerting us. We've shared your comments with our team. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further comments. We value your business and hope we'll have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed here 2 different nights in May 2013. The hotel is spread out and can be a little confusing to get find your room. The room was clean which is what I base most of my rating on. The bar area was nice and the service was very good. The food is also pretty good which I normally don't care to much for hotel food. The location is right off the highway, but there isn't much to eat around there. Make sure you request a room away from the Interstate as it can be quite noisy.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the Interstate
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Steve_Graves2, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
Dear Cmcraven,
Thank you for your recent review of the Doubletree by Hilton Columbia. Feedback from our guests is an invaluable tool in our mission to be the first choice of world travelers. Your input and the time taken to tell us of your experience are most appreciated and really helpful for our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again when you visit Columbia in the future.
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2013

OK..I know things happen but being woke up at 3:30 a.m.and evacuating the building because of a fire alarm and not let back in the building until 5 a.m.was not cool. This is not why I am upset. I am upset because the night manager did not have the time to apologize the next morning nor did he have time to write an apology letter...BUT..He did have time to make sure the bill was stuffed under doors. Also had a fresh News Paper at the door, but no apology. I complained to Hilton and they said they like their hotels to attempt to handle complaints first..well this is another failure. You let the guy who DIDNT apologize make things right..He should have done this already you would think..but no lets give him another chance. All I wanted was a sincere apology and got a night manager who was forced to give one after the fact. Mr. Miroslavas [--] (night manager) first offered a free night at that hotel..then offered 50.00 instead. Sir I dont want your money and I hope the hotel finds a qualified person to do your job.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Steve_Graves2, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Charles S,
We sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience during your stay at our hotel. Thank you for letting us know about the situation quickly. However, I apologize that we did not follow up with you sooner. We are working with our security department to help us avoid such situations in the future and please know your comfort and safety is very important to us. I regret that you were unhappy with how we attempted to resolve the situation and would be happy to speak with you in greater detail. We certainly care about your satisfaction. Please feel free to reach out to us if you would like to discuss your concerns in greater detail.
Hartsville, SC, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel has always met our necessities when we have stayed there over the last 15 - 16 years. Our convention has been at this hotel since 1996 or 1997. The hotel staff for maid service lack a lot to be desired this year. Items that were used were not replaced in some case and several times the service did not even honor our request for some requested items.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Steve_Graves2, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear James S,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We always appreciate hearing from our guests so that we can continue to improve and ensure that we exceed every guest's expectations. Your loyalty to our property throughout the years is extremely valuable to us. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us and allowing us to follow up with our housekeeping team. We look forward to hosting you again when you visit Columbia in the future.
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Nice motel, but my room's toilet didn't work and there was a light bulb missing in the lamp. I called down and the front desk said we will send someone right up or we will give you another room if it can't be fixed. within 5 minutes the repair man was there and fixed the problem and asked me if there was anything else. So service was great. The only thing I didn't like was that there was not a continental breakfast there. All I usually have is a coffee and muffin. There the coffee is $3.00 +tax and the muffin you have to buy a breakfast buffet. The opening under the door from my room to the adjoining room was big enough the I could see light coming under my door at night and I could here the toilet next door flushing.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Steve_Graves2, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Dear Vacationdad2,
Thank you for your recent stay with us, and thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! We truly appreciate your comments, as we use all guest feedback to continuously improve moving forward. The next time you travel to the area, we hope that you’ll be our guest again.

tampa
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Stayed here while visiting a relative in the hospital. Made my reservation the day I stayed. Looked very carefully for a good hotel since I was staying alone and felt I could trust the Hilton brand. Hotel lobby/entrance area is somewhat dated and dark, not really inviting. My room was well decorated but had a couple of issues:
1) Toilet paper holder was broken, coming out of the wall, so toilet paper kept falling on the floor.
2) Had an a/c thermostat on the wall, but the air came from one of those old "boxes" by the window that you used to have to adjust on the box. It was extremely loud when it came on. I had to turn my tv way up and was afraid my neighbors might complain. It actually woke me up a couple times it was so loud.
3) Had a Sleep Number bed, which I was excited about since I'd never tried one, but didn't see any instructions and never felt like did anything when I changed the numbers. Just heard a noise.
Enjoyed the onsite restaurant. Fitness Center was great, it was big with several cardio machines, weights, balls, etc. Was impressed with this.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Steve_Graves2, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Tiagayepfa,
We know how many hotel choices you have in the area and after a careful selection, we're glad you chose us. Thanks for bringing the maintenance issues to our attention so we could address them but accept my apologies for your discomfort. I'm also sorry that you didn't notice a change when using our adjustable beds. We'll keep working to ensure our guests are as comfortable as possible. Thanks again for your review and hope to see you again.