“Not worth the rate”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia
Ranked #33 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

If you are a light sleeper and end up with a room facing the freeway, the traffic noise is continuous.
The black out drapes offer no help, they don't close. When I finally got to sleep, the industrial strength AC unit came on and woke me up.

I asked for a glass of Chianti at the bar. Waitress said don't have that. But it was on the menu? She was a bit huffy when I asked about it again. Not a pleasant experience.

The rate for one night was $195.00. Too much for a bad experience.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool have been OK. Stay away from the front wing. There are door knockers on the d...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear RdennisA,
I am sorry to hear that your room accommodations were not completely comfortable and have shared your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance teams. I also regret the service experience that you had at the bar and have addressed this accordingly. We value your business and your satisfaction and hope that we'll have another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

The room was clean, but noisy. I could hear people talking/laughing from the restaurant/bar and people on the stairs. And I needed to sleep as I had a conference to attend at 8:30 am the next day. I turned on the TV to drown out the noise. I unplugged the frig as it was also noisy. Don't get room 204 if you need to sleep unless the noise doesn't bother you. However the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Frances C,
I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not a comfortable one. I sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience during your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is incredibly important to us as we ensure the comfort and safety of all of our guests. Your comments will also help to ensure that our future guests do not experience the same discomforts. I will be following up with our team to ensure that these issues are corrected. We value your business and hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

The staff at the front desk, Vanessa,, was very professional, friendly and informative. The hotel was very clean and the room cleaned every day and the heat worked :0). I would definately stay there again on any trip to Columbia, SC. The location proved perfect for my for my needs as I was there to take care of family business. The restaurant at the hotel was also excellent. Our waitress, Michela was exceptional. I would recommend the whole experience to others. GREAT JOB DOUBLETREE!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Brenda E,
Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate your comments about our staff and our property. I will be sure to pass your kudos along to the team. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Columbia. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we look forward to your next visit!
Rick Dorman-General Manager, Doubletree Columbia

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Housekeeping is a bit lazy, needs some air fresheners, very musty smell throughout the hotel. Happy hour drinks at their bar are good and good price, but Columbo's food is overpriced and not that great for $20 an entree. Staff is very pleasant and accommodating and the location is central to travel in and around that area for business.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Rkp12345,
Thank you for selecting our property for your travels and taking the time to post a review. It is always our goal to make sure we provide each and every guest with a memorable guest experience.
I would like to assure you that our team is dedicated to making sure our guests enjoy their stay and after all that is what hospitality is all about. We certainly hope to see you back with us on your next trip and appreciate your feedback and highlights of our property.
Rick Dorman-General Manager, Doubletree Columbia

Reviewed 27 January 2014

From the time I walked in the door until I left, I have never had such an enjoyable experience. The staff was professional in all sisuations. I saw a potenial customer disrespect you staff on the front desk, and they handled this in the most professional manner, I have ever seen. The food was excellent and all accomidations were top notich. I know that I will always look for a Hilton when ever I travel and use my bonus card. Thanks for the GREAT STAY. Gregory Christmas

1  Thank Gregory J C

Dear Gregory J C,
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Columbia. I appreciate your comments about our staff and our property. We look forward to hosting you again when you visit Columbia in the future.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Upon arriving to this hotel... the hotel was neat and the landscaping was beautiful. But the area they could focus more on would be guest check in, the young lady that assisted me seemed to aggravated and needed help desperately. She was not very friendly. The dining area was beautiful and the food was impeccable!

Dear Lakechia L,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We always appreciate hearing from our guests so that we can continue to improve and ensure that we exceed every guest's expectations. We look forward to hosting you again when you visit Columbia in the future.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I travel quite a bit on the weekends and will usually look to Hilton for a place to stay. This particular stay was at the DoubleTree Hilton in Columbia, SC. The room was freezing cold when I got in. It took it awhile to warm up. As I was dressing for the event that I was leaving for I dropped my lent brush on the floor and it picked up a glob of hair. Disgusting! I left the room and returned later that night. I told the night auditor about my findings and she reduced my room rate and gave me the late check out that I'd ask for. I got back to the room to take a shower and noticed the wall paper peeling under the right side of the toilet. I got in the shower only to find a used wash cloth from the previous guest hanging on the shower rod. Disgusting! I was night pleased with the cleanliness of my room and was quite disappointed in DoubleTree. I don't ask for a lot, but I do like having a clean room. When I checked out, I told that front desk agent of my findings but she didn't seem to really care. She gave me the two cookies that I asked for and I left. I will stay at DoubleTree Hotels but not this particular one, nor will I recommend.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Rockell S,