“Knights of Columbus”

Ranked #23 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Goose Creek, United States
“Knights of Columbus”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I commend your front line day staff. Sonya, Vanessa Front desk staff. Daniel Bar tender, and Errol porter. They were exceptionally courteous to our needs. With a full booking - they still called me by name. VERY IMPRESSIVE. My only negative thought/view was the meals served for the price we paid. The breakfast was below standards and late. I would recommend the hotel, but outsource the food and wait staff. As I said before - front desk staff-excellent. Food service-average to poor

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Frank S,
I would like to thank you for choosing the Doubletree Hotel Columbia, and for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor! I greatly appreciate you recognizing our friendly staff. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we look forward to your next visit!
Rick Dorman-General Manager, Doubletree Columbia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Florence, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The staff at this location were very professional and helpful at all times. When I realized that my heat wasn't working at 11 pm someone was there in 10 minutes and had the heat working in 15 minutes. Although this is an older property, the renovations are great.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Angela G,
Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate your comments about our staff and our property. I will be sure to pass your kudos along to the team. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Columbia. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we look forward to your next visit!
Folly Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 February 2014

If you are a light sleeper and end up with a room facing the freeway, the traffic noise is continuous.
The black out drapes offer no help, they don't close. When I finally got to sleep, the industrial strength AC unit came on and woke me up.

I asked for a glass of Chianti at the bar. Waitress said don't have that. But it was on the menu? She was a bit huffy when I asked about it again. Not a pleasant experience.

The rate for one night was $195.00. Too much for a bad experience.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool have been OK. Stay away from the front wing. There are door knockers on the d...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear RdennisA,
I am sorry to hear that your room accommodations were not completely comfortable and have shared your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance teams. I also regret the service experience that you had at the bar and have addressed this accordingly. We value your business and your satisfaction and hope that we'll have another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Columbia, United States
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The room was clean, but noisy. I could hear people talking/laughing from the restaurant/bar and people on the stairs. And I needed to sleep as I had a conference to attend at 8:30 am the next day. I turned on the TV to drown out the noise. I unplugged the frig as it was also noisy. Don't get room 204 if you need to sleep unless the noise doesn't bother you. However the bed was very comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Frances C,
I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not a comfortable one. I sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience during your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is incredibly important to us as we ensure the comfort and safety of all of our guests. Your comments will also help to ensure that our future guests do not experience the same discomforts. I will be following up with our team to ensure that these issues are corrected. We value your business and hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again.
GLEN RIDGE, NJ, United States
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The staff at the front desk, Vanessa,, was very professional, friendly and informative. The hotel was very clean and the room cleaned every day and the heat worked :0). I would definately stay there again on any trip to Columbia, SC. The location proved perfect for my for my needs as I was there to take care of family business. The restaurant at the hotel was also excellent. Our waitress, Michela was exceptional. I would recommend the whole experience to others. GREAT JOB DOUBLETREE!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Brenda E,
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Housekeeping is a bit lazy, needs some air fresheners, very musty smell throughout the hotel. Happy hour drinks at their bar are good and good price, but Columbo's food is overpriced and not that great for $20 an entree. Staff is very pleasant and accommodating and the location is central to travel in and around that area for business.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Rkp12345,
Thank you for selecting our property for your travels and taking the time to post a review. It is always our goal to make sure we provide each and every guest with a memorable guest experience.
I would like to assure you that our team is dedicated to making sure our guests enjoy their stay and after all that is what hospitality is all about. We certainly hope to see you back with us on your next trip and appreciate your feedback and highlights of our property.
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2014

From the time I walked in the door until I left, I have never had such an enjoyable experience. The staff was professional in all sisuations. I saw a potenial customer disrespect you staff on the front desk, and they handled this in the most professional manner, I have ever seen. The food was excellent and all accomidations were top notich. I know that I will always look for a Hilton when ever I travel and use my bonus card. Thanks for the GREAT STAY. Gregory Christmas

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Gregory J C
Dear Gregory J C,
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Columbia. I appreciate your comments about our staff and our property. We look forward to hosting you again when you visit Columbia in the future.