“DoubleTree Stay”

Ranked #24 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia, United States
“DoubleTree Stay”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have had nothing but the best of experiences at this property. The personnel at the front desk, in particular I would like to call out Vanessa Taylor and Brittney Walters where so very helpful and accommodating. As well others that I have encountered on the property have been more than professional and a welcoming. The property is older and has obviously been renovated, there are still remnants of age in the hallways and rooms but the personnel I have encountered make up all the difference and for that. I would recommend the property to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Dave G,
Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate your comments about Vanessa and Brittney. I will be sure to pass your kudos along to the team. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Columbia. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we look forward to your next visit!
Rick Dorman-General Manager, Doubletree Columbia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I would have been very satisfy with my stay if the housekeepers fold bed sheets and rearrange furniture back to their respected place. I'm a gold member and comes with complimentary buffet breakfast. The breakfast selection are great.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Cheemingc2014,
I would like to thank you for choosing the Doubletree Hotel Columbia, and for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor! It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we look forward to your next visit!
Columbia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was a Convention stay. My hang-up luggage, even though in a locked room on a cart with my other luggage was given to someone else. Dinner was below average; lunch the next day was terrible. Prices too high for what was served.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Chris R,
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. This is certainly hard to hear but we appreciate you alerting us. I have shared your comments with our team. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further comments. We value your business and hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My daughter and I recently stayed at the Doubletree in Columbia, SC for my son's graduation from boot camp at Ft. Jackson. The hotel was very clean and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Many amenities and it was located right at the interchanges of I-20 and I-26, which was very convenient. My only complaint was the traffic noise from I-20 via the window, otherwise, an excellent stay and facility.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the side facing I-20.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Kelley D,
Thank you for selecting our property for your travels and taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to learn that your stay was an enjoyable one. It is always our goal to make sure we provide each and every guest with a memorable guest experience.
We certainly hope to see you back with us on your next trip and appreciate your feedback and highlights of our property.
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The restaurant is fantastic here, but our room did have a couple of fleas in it. Also, needs a little updating as it is a little worn here and there. The suites have a small bedroom, but the living room is nice with a wet bar and fridge. Do go to the Italian restaurant-it's what we like most here! We had the misfortune of a fire alarm going off in the middle of the night, and everyone had to stand outside then in the hall for a while. Didn't even get an apology letter upon check-out or anything! Needless to say, it was a sleepless night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Starbuster,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We always appreciate hearing from our guests so that we can continue to improve and ensure that we exceed every guest's expectations. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our Restaurant. We look forward to hosting you again when you visit Columbia in the future.
Wichit, United States
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We flew in for a quick 2 night stay to attend a university graduation. This Double Tree was nearby, had friendly staff, comfortable rooms and easy access to the interstate to get where we needed to be. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay in Columbia.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Michelle M,
Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate your comments about our staff and our property. I will be sure to pass your kudos along to the team. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Columbia. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we look forward to your next visit!
Clemson, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I can't say enough that the staff at this hotel was very nice and helpful - there just weren't enough of them. Our convention of 150 or so was there and they also had several other events and guests. The waitstaff in the restaurant, breakfast buffet and event dinners and lunches really tried but just couldn't keep up with the volume of people. The breakfast buffet was out of eggs and coffee for quite a while and we had to find our own drinks and silverware. When it was time to leave we had to track down a server and give them our checks, then wait. And wait. The hotel is nice and the lobby and public areas were a nice surprise given the outside is a little severe. It has the best fitness room I've ever seen in a hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Arthur H,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We always appreciate hearing from our guests so that we can continue to improve and ensure that we exceed every guest's expectations. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our Fitness Center. We look forward to hosting you again when you visit Columbia in the future.
Rick Dorman - General Manager, Doubletree Columbia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#17 of 94 in Columbia
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest
Sleep Inn at Bush River Road
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia? Share your experiences!