“A nice hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights in the Doubletree Columbia South Carolina and found it to be a very nice hotel. The room was clean and the shower was very big. The layout of the bathroom was a little strange with doors going every which way. There was a door to the toilet and the shower and a door to the bedroom and you had to close one door to open the other. Overall it was just strange and not a big deal. We had a suite at a reasonable price. We liked that there was a restaurant/bar on site and we could get a glass of wine and something to eat after a long trip. Fudruckers is within walking distance and we had a very reasonably priced good dinner there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Tourist028,
On behalf of the staff and management team, I want to personally thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent accommodation needs. We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a thorough review for our property on Tripadvisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here! Thank you so much being our guest and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Columbia!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I paid high cost for the suite. These are inside rooms without any outside looking window. Hotel description does not state that suite are without the windows. Room was dark and it was very disappointing experience. Hotel very noisy. Can hear noise four story below.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Piyush S,
We strive to offer the best service experience for our guests and I regret to hear that you encountered some noise issues. Your comfort is our concern and we will be sure to address your comments with our team. If there is anything else I can do for you in the future, certainly let me know. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we can invite you back to our changes.
Rick Dorman - General Manager, Doubletree Columbia

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here for our state association's annual meeting. Meeting rooms were fantastic and the hotel staff very accommodating. My room was clean and comfortable. We have met here for several years and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Michael S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us! We are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. The staff and I thank you for your kind comments as well. We appreciate your business and we can't wait for the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Great restaurant and lounge area. Love how they actually looked at my preferences and put me on the 1st floor. I got there after midnight and was hungry but the restaurant had closed. The guy at the counter gave me a couple of cookies and some waters which held me over until morning. The hilton honors lounge there is fantastic. Room was clean and comfortable. Just started traveling to Columbia for work and this will be my spot.

Stayed: July 2014
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Danda84,
Thank you for selecting our property for your travels and taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to learn that your stay was an enjoyable one. It is always our goal to make sure we provide each and every guest with a memorable guest experience.
We certainly hope to see you back with us on your next trip and appreciate your feedback and highlights of our property.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Room was very comfortable -- very comfortable bed, extra pillows, etc. The staff was especially helpful and pleasant.

Unfortunately, the soundproofing was not effective. I could hear the ice machine dump its ice in the room next door and sounds from the hallway. When I couldn't hear the TV over the AC, I hesitated to turn the sound up to where I could hear it because I did not want to disturb the room next door. (I wish they would figure out some way to allow people to use headphones to listed to TV late at night.)

The bathroom had not exhaust fan -- at least, not one that I could find.

While the in-room coffee maker made very good coffee, it was not under a light and I had difficulty operating it until I asked a cleaning lady to move it to under a light.

On the positive side, the breakfast buffet was quite reasonably priced and included someone making omlets on request. The buffet wasn't huge, but it had want I wanted.

The hamburger sandwich (they have a more elegant name for it) came with a nice selection of toppers, such as mushrooms, onion shreds, three different kinds of cheese, etc. Nice. Only the onion rings were not to my taste.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Eleanor H,
I would like to thank you for choosing the Doubletree Hotel Columbia, and for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor! We truly appreciate your comments, as we use all guest feedback to continuously improve moving forward. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we look forward to your next visit!
Rick Dorman - General Manager, Doubletree Columbia

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great employees...always trying to help. Rooms nice and clean and quiet. Great showers! women's restrooms near bridge at lower level was always low on toilet paper and not cleaned regularly. Shouldn't have a MINIMUm characters for review!! This is ridiculous and the last time I do a review for this place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear 969sherrya,
Thank you for your recent review of the Doubletree Columbia. Our great customer service and clean rooms are the corner stone of our business, thank you for recognizing that as we greatly appreciate it. If I can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let me know. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I always stay here when I'm in town for business. Can count on it for high-quality and consistent care. It's wonderful to have one less thing to worry about when traveling and working. The location next to I20 is easy to find as well as convenient for accessing many parts of Columbia easily.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lisa B,
Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate your comments about our staff and our property. I will be sure to pass your kudos along to the team. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Columbia. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we look forward to your next visit!