“Teaveling with pooch”

La Quinta Inn Columbia SE / Fort Jackson
Ranked #26 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Pet friendly main selling point. GMgr is a Mr. Patel. Ceiling needed repair, and the effects of being an older property showed. Bathroom was a poorly done patch job, with the toilet only 12“ off the floor. Their breakfast offering was on the light side, and not presented very well. But the coffee was putrid. Not vad, but there are better options in the immediate area.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank rwmentzer

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Rooms are very comfortable and clean.
Breakfast was lovely and the breakfast lady was very welcoming un like many other staff members. Being that we're paying costumers, it would be nice to greet your guest with a warm hello. Oooh yea there was a roach in our room and it was brought to the front desk attention, they reply by saying that it is the state bug! correct me if i'm wrong but i find that Very interesting! I couldn't confirm that information online 2 hours later. ??? Weird. sorry but it was a roach and the matter should be addressed or looked into

This review is based on my experience! Honestly the stay was nice place to lay our heads for a few nights

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2014

had king size bed with sofa couch. nice room. small bathroom, small breakfast room. very nice staff. no problems with key cards. pet friendly no charge for pets, had two dogs. quiet. internet alittle slow. over all a good stay. i would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past, it had become a little worn but has recently been updated and nicely. This hotel services military families visiting the nearby Fort Jackson so it gets a lot of traffic, but well kept. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they know the area very well and can be counted on for advice on placed to eat. I am sure our frequent travels through the region will land us at this location again when it is time to pull off the road. It is a quite location where you can relax. And the best part, you can bring your best friend, in a nice hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My family and I traveled to SC and stayed at this hotel since it allowed pets. We were very pleased that it was clean and the staff were friendly . Easy access to food etc. Breakfast was average but fine. I was very wary because of not knowing anyone that had stayed in this area and so it was strictly on trip advisors reviews that I booked it.Very good choice and will be staying on our next trip.It is not fancy but pleasant, the bathroom we had was a little dated but perfectly fine with us. Like I stated we enjoyed it and would reccomend to others and trust me LOL that is huge coming from me. I tend to be a little germaphobic.lol and this hotel passed my test.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Not as clean as we had hoped. Bathroom was worn and tired...in need of maintenance. Coffee splashed on walls near sink area look old, nobody bothered to wipe it. Also, if you are sensitive to fragrance, beware...heavy smell of chemical cleaners. I had a headache after 10 minutes in the room. I'm sure that is from the allowance of pets. I'd rather smell the dogs. I would look elsewhere if in the area again.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Wonderful for traveling with our dog. Great breakfast, friendly staff, and very clean rooms. Very reasonable rates especially since there is no charge for pet deposit or cleaning fee. Hotel was just off I - 77 and there was even a Starbucks at the same exit

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family