“No assistance from the front desk day clerk :/”

Comfort Suites at the University
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Conway
“No assistance from the front desk day clerk :/”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

After driving six hours to Myrtle Beach it was a couple of hours before check in time. The front desk lady was assisting another customer and accommodated them with an early check in. When she attended me she stated that she had no rooms available and I would have to come back at check in time. She did not offer any assistance after I explained that I drove for so many hours with two children and a handi-cap person. When we return to checked in, the bathroom light was out in our room. I contacted the front desk and a half hour later someone came to fix it. But, he didn't replace the bulb. We had to actually flick the light switch up and down until the bulb went on. We stayed two nights and had to leave the bathroom light on. The couch with the pull out bed had a musty smell to it. The beds and pillows were clean. The front desk day clerk should have more interpersonal communication training and informed of the hotels breakfast to go bags that are placed at the front desk early a.m. for those patrons who have no time to sit and eat your continental breakfast. When I asked her for one she said she didn't know what I was talking about. She obviously did not want to help. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Bori1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed here two nights. From day one I noticed that the room had a very sweaty/musty smell. It was late so I decided to rough it out. I talked to the desk downstairs the next day. They gave me some room deodorizer that only amplified the smell. I asked housekeeping if she could do anything to help with the odor. She used the same deodorizer I got from down stairs, changed the sheets, and vacuumed the rug. That only lasted a short before the smell returned. The hotel was sold out so no other rooms were available. I had stayed at Comfort Suites in other places but this one took the cake!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank D L

Travellers are raving about these Conway hotels

Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My family and I stayed at the conway Comfort Suites. I chose this hotel for two reasons, one because I stayed at a comfort suites in orangeburg sc and it was fabulous and secondly it was close to Coastal Carolina which is where we were visiting. The room was a bit smaller than i thought it would be and the bathroom was small as well...in fact the door hit up against the toilet. the bed was comfortable and the room was nice and clean. the breakfast was ok but I will say that the first bagel i picked up was hard as a brick. the staff were all nice. And when i was making my reservation I requested that there be extra towels and sheets for the pull out coach and at my request they were in the room before my arrival. For the value i believe this is a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed here for two nights with two young teenagers who aren't keen on sharing a bed. The pull out love seat was what attracted us to this hotel. The love seat in the room we stayed in the first night was so filthy I wouldn't let anyone sit on it, much less sleep on it. We requested a different room for the next night. The person at the front desk was happy to oblige and gave us a key to check out a different room. Maybe he should have checked it first because when I pulled out the sofa bed I found a dirty diaper and some other trash! Also there were Dorito crumbs on the mattress. I reported this to the man at the front desk and he was appropriately mortified and apologetic. He had the cleaning staff clean this up and we switched to this room. We didn't end up using the pull out sofa because there was no extra bedding in the room and I didn't discover this until midnight. I didn't have the energy to go hunting for it.
Both rooms had a faint mildew odor. The second room had a strong odor of Lysol too. The rooms felt damp.
The beds were comfortable but the bedding was a little scratchy.
The bathrooms were clean and nice.
The breakfast was ok, comparable to other hotels we've stayed at. They do have a Belgian waffle maker and these were very good.
The hotel was quiet and the staff friendly.
The fitness room was small, only three machines in a very small room.

• Stayed June 2013
Keyser, West Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Comfort Suites in Conway,SC for 6 nights while vacationing at Myrtle Beach. We had such a great experience at this property. Rooms were VERY clean. Great attitudes from the Front Desk Representatives, Breakfast Attendants and Housekeeping Personel. Both my partner and I loved the cinnamon waffle mix! Very delicious! The fruit however didnt look very fresh. Asia checked us into the hotel and she was very sweet, kind, and helpful! We were later getting around to going to the beach and didnt figure housekeeping would be back for that day but when we arrived back at the hotel in the evening, our room had been serviced. We were very happy and wowed! The decor was beautiful in both our room and the lobby. Our room was very spacious! The only downfall of this hotel was the poor internet service. It constantly cut in and out and was very slow but the hosptality of the employees made up for that. We really enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Suites in Conway and planning to stay here again when in the area!

Brian and Michael

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
GMComfortConway, General Manager at Comfort Suites at the University, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
I'm glad you had an great stay with us. We always strive to deliver the best service and it looks like we have done our jobs! We look forward to seeing you again!
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Came to Myrtle Beach for a long weekend golf trip. This hotel was very close to the course (Wild Wing) I was playing. I agree with one of the other reviewers about traffic on 501 - it's a migraine waiting to happen, but the hotel itself is very nice for the type of property. Room was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. The only downside for me was that the exercise room was being renovated, but other than that I enjoyed the stay and would stay here again. I recommend it if you're going to be in the area of Coastal Carolina University, or some of the golf courses (Wild Wing, Myrtle Beach National, Legends, etc.) off of 501.

Room Tip: I can't compare other rooms, but I stayed on the third floor towards the back of the hotel, so I...