“Awesome!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Welcome to Crady's Eclectic Cuisine on Main, one of the area's tastiest & trendiest restaurants located in the heart of historic downtown Conway, South Carolina. Welcome, also, to an eclectic Southern dining experience you won't soon forget! Crady's Eclectic Cuisine on Main is located in charming, historic downtown Conway, South Carolina. We are surrounded by unique shops, art galleries, theater life and the area's historic Riverwalk found on the Waccamaw River. We invite you to come in, relax and dine with us...Whether you are local or are just visiting the area. Crady's serves an eclectic bistro menu in a retro European cafe-like setting. We are also known for our award winning, freshly prepared desserts and festive libations. Crady's Eclectic Cuisine On Main is owned and operated by the Whitley family, with two generations currently working at the restaurant. Please check out our menus and libations list for more information about the cuisine we serve. We look forward to seeing you soon!
MYRTLE BEACH
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

If you want a quaint local restaurant with credible food and southern charm, this is your place. A winner every time!

• Visited December 2013
Cradys, Owner at Crady's Eclectic Cuisine on Main, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review AND for taking the time to post it on tripadvisor. We certainly do appreciate you! We would love to see you again..maybe even join us for dinner sometime? We will be open next week when the Theatre of the Republic is in session presenting Bonnie and Clyde. Opening night is next week, Friday night, April 25th. Crady's will "present" dinner April 25-26, May 1-3 and May 5-8 from 5:00-8:00pm. We try and theme our menus to what is playing at The Theatre. There is an example of our dinner menu on-line from when the Theatre presented Spam-a-lot last month that you may peruse..
Though You don't have to be going to the show to join us for dinner, it does make for a nice evening out:)
Once again, Thanks for your comments, and we pray we will see you sometime again very soon!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Incredibly Good Food”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband & I were told by friends that the food here is great. They were right. The place looks like a high class NY restaurant, but the prices are SC. I was quite surprised at how delicious everything was.
My only problem with the place is that it's too small. The tables are a bit too close for my comfort. But that won't stop me from going back.
This is a MUST EAT AT place.

• Visited March 2014
N Myrtle Beach
“Great Before the Theatre”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I had the crab and brie quiche with a salad dressed with creamy basil. Absolutely delicious! Husband had a burger. Said it was very good. Excellent service. I would go again in a heartbeat!

Western Springs, Illinois
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We had dinner last night, 3/6/14. Fortunately we were going to the theater across the street because we found out that the restaurant is only open for dinner when there is a performance. They are open for lunch and only for brunch on Sunday. Very good dinner, salads, appetizers and desserts. (7 layer chocolate cake with cream cheese filling!!). Very friendly and courteous service; and nice selection of wines and a few specialty cocktails.

Visited March 2014
Cradys, Owner at Crady's Eclectic Cuisine on Main, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you so much for the very kind review.and for coming in to join us for dinner. We definitely "lucked out" as well in that you chose to come to Crady's Eclectic Cuisine on Main when there are so many other choices out there:) We try to maintain an atmosphere of high caliber for all of our guests with seasonal and unique food that is ALL made by hand made and from scratch. As you saw with our dinner, we also try to keep things a bit playful as well with a themed menu to complement the performances that are going on across the street:)
We pray that you will continue to be our guests for lunch and for brunch as well, and that we will be blessed enough to see you many more times in the future:)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Surprised by positive reviews”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My wife and I have gone to Crady's several times, as we try to support local businesses, but will not return. The last time we went, I ordered a steak entree for $26 and received 2 tiny discs of steak, cooked well done instead of medium rare, since steaks that small really can't be cooked med rare. Even worse, they were totally unseasoned. The owner came by our table to check, and I told her my concerns, and she told me sadly, "The chef doesn't like salt."

I agreed to try something else, and had their "signature" crab cakes, and was served two tiny cakes that were 90% bread crumbs. The vegetable always seems to be sauteed green beans, unseasoned, and starch is usually rice crammed into a puck. Sunday brunch is far better than dinner, and desserts are exceptional.

Service is spotty. We have been made to feel unwelcome after Theater of the Republic shows (9pm), and asked to change tables at Sunday brunch in an empty restaurant.

It is a real shame that such a lovely, well-located, local-owned spot is so consistently bad.

• Visited September 2013
WOW..what a very unkind review. I certainly do apologize for your poor experience at Crady's Eclectic Cuisine on Main. The positive reviews are there for a reason as we are constantly preparing quality food, hand made, seasonal and from scratch. While I am certainly sorry that you have seemed to have poor experiences with us.. Crady's is by no means "consistently bad". I would really like know when you came to join us for dinner. We haven't had any kind of Filet on our menu for dinner for close to 8 months, so I am sorry that you felt you had to post such a poor review of Crady's at this time. I am the owner, and can never recall that I would ever say to one of our guests that our Chef "doesn't like salt". However, that doesn't mean that some of your items may have been seasoned poorly that evening. Our signature crab cakes are made with very little breading and only the best Jumbo Lump Crab Meat. I am sorry if the ones you received seemed 90% full of breading... I can assure you that they are not. We do break the crab meat up to make it a smoother cake. Maybe that gives the appearance of more breading? I am sorry if you have been made to feel unwelcome after Theatre of the Republic performances (9pm)? We aren't even open until 9:00pm on those evenings, so I'm not really sure of what you are referring to, but if you were made to feel unwelcome at any time, we apologize.