“Casual Southern”

Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My wife and I very often stop at the Fatz Café in Florence, SC (exit 264) on our way from Virginia Beach to St. Augustine. The food is always good and the staff always friendly. On my way to my annual Myrtle Beach golf trip with the guys, I had a one night layover in Conway, SC. I found the Fatz there a couple of years ago and if we start out at this end of MB I make my stop there. The staff here is just as friendly and the food just as good. They add a local flavor by doing some Calabash style chicken and shrimp. The poppyseed puffs (rolls) are their specialty and are delicious. They make the best fried green tomatoes with grits ever! I usually get the harpoon shrimp but tonight I had the pork chops grilled. They were very tasty and grilled perfectly. The sides of cinnamon apples and baked sweet potato were great - I didn't need the peach cobbler dessert.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

The host was very pleasant. My husband and I were seated immediately. good thing, we were very hungry lol. The waitress was awesome. She was very friendly,attentive and accommodating. As a side order i wanted spinach,however, it was not an option on the menu the waitress said not to worry that she will ask the cook to steam some for me (spinach taste good)That was very sweet of her. The food was delicious!!!!! Definitely recommend to everyone.

Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

Our server was Kayla Barnett (the name on the card she gave us at the end of the meal) and she gave us EXCELLENT service. She didn't bother us with hovering but was very attentive. My steak was over cooked and very dry and she made sure that we didn't have to pay for it, even though we never requested that. The asparagus and cheese fries I had were very good and the rest of my family enjoyed their meal. We would definitely eat there again-and we would ask for the same server! :)

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We generally prefer to eat in local restaurants instead of chains, but the location and timing suited us. Friendly staff. Good food. The bread rolls were excellent!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Well, this is a welcome surpise. I thought that FATZ was just another burger place. I was so very wrong. I had the Parmesan Encrusted Basa and it was to die for. it was so light and so tasty. Our waitress,Britteny B was excellent. She was enthusiastic over the choices that we made and told us about the dishes. Wonderful Wonderful. Oh, you can get a burger but with this menu, who would want to. My husband and I each had a soft drink, we shared an appitizer and we each had a fabulous entre and the bill was less than 45 dollars. I took half of my meal home.