“Great Food”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Great Food”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My wife and I Had dinner about a week ago and would have to say this was the best Italian food
and the service was great,,,,,,,,,,

• Visited July 2012

Surfside Beach, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pizza Like No Others”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Unbelievable....just unbelievable....seriously the best pizza I've ever had...the ingredients are fresh, the crust is perfect and there is no "sweet" artifical tomato sauces within a country mile of these delicious pies...the cheese and meats they use to top of some of their specialty pizzas is richly delicious...wow...wow...wow...

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank incanow
Conway, South Carolina
“Most amazing expereince ever, Highly reccommended”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My husband and family frequent Mancuso's quite often. The food is amazing with very reasonable prices for the extreme portion size you are given. The server we had was very personable and made us feel very important. This is how we feel visiting this restaurant at least once a week. It is very kid friendly with paper to color on. We look forward to eating there again.

• Visited May 2012
“Go someplace else”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

First my sister in law came to visit and thought she'd bring us food to help out. The person got her order wrong and when she complained he told her she was lucky she got what she got. She was outraged! Then today ny husband and I decided to give them another try. First the girl on the phone had to check because she didn't know if there was any broccoli. Finally she said there was so I could place my order. The " lump crab cake" did not have even one small lump of crab. My husband said it was like the crab had been run through a blender. It was mostly bread and soft and soggy and tasted of bad mayonnaise. My gnocchi was lukewarm, doughy and swimming in oil with a few pieces of broccoli mixed in. It was bad. Terrible food, two meals for over thirty dollars! I would not recommend this place, even if you were starving!

• Visited May 2012
Conway, SC
“No, No, No, No, No, No, No!”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I hate to write this review, but I feel in writing it maybe the owner's of Mancuso's will see it and take notes to improve their restaurant. I will start off by saying something positive. The staff are nice and the place is cute. My husband and I have been there several times. We always went in for lunch. It was good the first couple of times. I have to there is alot of variety within the menu, but usually they are always out of something so it prohibits you from getting alot that is one the menu since they are always out of one ingredient or another. We decided to go one night for dinner on a Friday. It was crowded. We were seated, and it literally took 15 minutes before someone came by to get our drink order. Even so, we waited another 10 minutes just to get coffee ( We didn't order any alcoholic beverages), just coffee. My husband actually got up and got water for us himself in the 10 minute wait for the coffee. We asked for bread and got two pieces while waiting for appetizers. This is the norm though for them. We also had to ask twice for olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dip the bread, again a norm for them. My husband ordered a steak dish that was on the special that night. It was supposed to have marsala sauce on it. When the steak came, it did not have marsala sauce on it. It was on the special menu for the night, so I feel there is no excuse for it not being on there. I always order the Veal Picatta. That night, it tasted old. I did not finish the meal, neither did my husband. My husand and I chalked it up as a bad night. We decided to give it one more try, because we realized that it seemed to continually go down hill each time. We went in for lunch, a Saturday. We got there at 1130am. They had been open for a half hour. We were the only one's in there. My husband wanted a cappucino. They had not turned it on yet. Note: If you are going to consider yourself an authentic Italian restaurant, turn the cappucino machine on so it is ready to go when you open for the day! We ordered coffee. It took ten minutes to get the coffee. We later realized in that visit, it was instant coffee. Uck! My husband ordered a chicken dish with penne pasta. They were more concerned with pleasing their take out order clients. The waitress brought our entrees and as she handed it to my husband she told us the chef used the rest of the penne pasta for a take out order and just gave him spaghetti noodles instead. I know pasta is pasta, but what should have happened is they should have asked him if he wanted another type of pasta instead of just assuming he would want spaghetti. Oh, and I forgot. When we first got there, they told us they were out of mozzarella cheese and lasagna. My husband went in there wanting lasagna. Again, this is the norm. The night we went for a Friday night dinner, they were out of lasagna too. Note: If you are going to advertise yourself as an authentic Italian restaurant, then have plenty of staple Italian dishes on hand. All in all, we are done with Mancuso's restaurant. We have given them plenty of chances, and they consistently failed. So much for giving someone or some place the benefit of the doubt. We are tired of asking for cream, sugar, and other items multiple times and waiting tooooooooo long to get them. I saw a review about a thirty minute lunch in two hours. That is the norm. We live in Conway and hoped that since Mancuso's restaurant is in town we hit the jackpot. Not! We understand now that we are going to have to travel to the beach for a half decent and authentic Italian meal. We are going to go to Tuscano's Villa in North Myrtle Beach. Maybe that will be worth the drive. All in all, don't waste your time here unless you have time and money to waste. Extremely Extremely Extremely disappointed. Our last time there was our last time. Too bad. The place has potential.

• Visited April 2012