“Go figure.”

Solano's Trattoria
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone Number is 843-488-4008. Just opened on 7/2/12.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Go figure.”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Have dined here several times and never been disappointed but when you order the same meal and pay the same price to take it home they refuse to give you a salad. I asked why and was told that they are sorry but they just don't allow you to have the salad when you get to-go. Okay, go figure. Now, I am not talking just a pizza to go, I am talking appetizers, soups, full entrees and desserts, so it makes no sense to me that I am paying the full price for a partial order. So the last time I ordered dinner, I was seated at the bar waiting on my order and couldn't help overhearing who I believe to be the owner talking about how they had very special customers coming in that evening and that they had brought in a special chef just for these special customers. Mind you, he must know that I can hear everything that he is saying...and doesn't care that I am a customer too. Well, apparently, the special chef was just too busy preparing food for the other special customers to care about our order as it was horrid. How can you mess up chicken alfredo I ask? Why, with pasta that is barely cooked and almost no sauce. Who needs bread to go with those mussels? No olive oil dipping sauce that I specifically asked for but that was okay as there was no bread to dip in it anyway. I was disappointed that the manager either didn't check the contents of the boxes or didn't care enough to let that poor quality food leave the restaurant. Making each and every customer feel special would be a much more endearing quality as opposed to bragging about having special clients coming in. Haven't been back since.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Semper F

Coatesville, PA
“Delightful Discovery”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We were visiting friends from the area who have never been to this restaurant.It was our first time too. We all had paninnis, 2 vegetarian and 2 with chicken. All were outstanding ... and so were the salads that came with them. I assume that they were short-handed at lunch because it took awhile for the food to be served. We did not care as we were there for a walk near the river on a beautiful day ... time was not part of the agenda. Besides, it seems that all tables ordered the same type of lunch. We would definitely go again on our next visit to this nice town.

• Visited February 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Don't Be In A Hurry”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Having had a good experience here for lunch, I returned with 3 friends for a pre theatre dinner. We arrived a few minutes before 6 for a 7:30 curtain at The Theatre of the Republic around the corner. Service was haphazard with later arrivals served first and our server stating she didn't know that there was a show after wishing the folks at an adjacent table a good time at the show! When our meal was good we had to rush. Perhaps part of the delay was due to their carry out pizza business.... we may return for lunch, but not for dinner.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank John K
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
“Average dinner”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Made reservations for 6 PM. Arrived on time and was surprised to see only one other table occupied. Room is cozy and comfortable. Table was set with fork and knife wrapped in black cloth napkin. We were warmly greeted by a friendly waitress. After we ordered we were served a plate of garlic infused olive oil and basket of delicious warm Italian bread. But there were no other plates for us to place our bread or utensils. I am not comfortable placing my utensils on the bare tabletop. So we left our napkins on the table with utensils on the napkins. The menu had a choice of Cioppino for two. I asked the waitress if I could have that dinner for one. She checked and told me it can only be prepared for two. Hmmm? So I ordered linguini with clams in a white sauce. It was served on two oval plates. An oval bowl on top of an oval plate. Ample pasta and lots of chopped clams. Four clams set on top of the pasta. Two of the clams were not open. Did the chef or waitress not see that? Oh well. Anyway, the meal was very tasty and the sauce was plentiful and delicious.
My wife had ravioli with marinara sauce. Eight miniature sized ravioli in a small bowl. Although she ate them all, the sauce was too sweet for her taste. Prior to our entrees, we were served a good house salad and the attentive waitress refilled our water and bread basket. The cost was reasonable, but I don't think I would return.

Visited February 2014
Vitaliy M, Manager at Solano's Trattoria, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Please come and try our Linguine with clam sauce. Even our critics think it is "very tasty and the sauce was plentiful and delicious".
Conway, South Carolina
“What a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I'm a local. I first had Solano's food as takeout from the Shabby Chick painting class. I went back the next day for the Stromboli. Here I am again. Prices are good. The food is great. The service is friendly.

• Visited January 2014