“Good BBQ”
Review of Twisted Pig BBQ Company - CLOSED

Twisted Pig BBQ Company
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Pretty good, small BBQ joint located in the middle of the nowhere. Off the beaten path, but might be worth a drive for its rural charm and good BBQ meats. Now, I only tried beef brisket, which was very good, so can’t really make any comments about other meats, but my guess would be they are pretty delicious too. My wife had pulled chicken sandwich, which I didn’t try (but should have) and she said it was OK. She is not all that much into BBQ though, so to me that means the chicken was pretty nice too. Our sandwiches came with sides (enjoyed the hushpuppies), but, if you are really hungry, do not settle for a sandwich and get a platter instead, because the sandwiches are of average size and good for snacking, but not for a serious meal. Also, the menu is written on several different boards and is a bit disorganized, so take your time to decide what you want. For example, I would have loved to try a sampler platter of all their meats, but noticed it was available only I after I placed my order. Anyway, if you want good BBQ and are in the area, stop by Twisted Pig – I think you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

The title says it all, but I'll also say that my wife and I have lived here for 7 years and have searched in vain for good, not mediocre, BBQ until we found the Twisted Pig. They have a significant selection of perfectly smoked meats, their homemade sauces are excellent, their kitchen is immaculate, and prices are eminently reasonable. If you love barbecue, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

When we travel on vacation one of our favorite things to do is find good, local restaurants. We are not fans at all of the big and pricey chains - Hard Rock, Planet Hollywood, etc. We'd rather spend less and get better food. So, my husband googled local places. As BBQ lovers in general, we found Twisted Pig and drove slightly out of the way from Myrtle Beach for it. We were not disappointed. The pulled pork was excellent as were the sides. The staff was friendly and accommodating. In the crazy, chain restaurant world of Myrtle Beach, the Twisted Pig is deffinitely a nice little unique gem to try!

Reviewed 8 June 2013

The place is a little out of the way, but worth finding. I had the pulled pork lunch special with two sides (sweet potato souffle and mac and cheese). All were excellent. I also had the banana pudding for dessert. Also excellent. Reasonable prices. I just wish I was in town longer so I could go through more of the menu.

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Drove here from Myrtle Beach because we had a restaurant.com certificate. My husband had a pulled chicken sandwich with a side of baked beans and I had the brisket with sides of mac and cheese and cole slaw.

Both of our meals were excellent. You place your order at the counter and they bring it to your table. They have combo specials and large portions. Worth the trip.