“Best place around the area.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Conway
The Cypress Inn at Conway Myrtle Beach
Ranked #1 of 2 Conway B&B and Inns
Ga
“Best place around the area.”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Such a great place with the best innkeepers. Breakfast is to die for.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I was visiting friends, and instead of staying in Myrtle Beach, we opted to stay at the Cypress Inn. The Innkeepers (George, Anne, Carol, and Hugh) were very welcoming and friendly. They prepared my favorite for breakfast, waffles and fresh fruit, and the coffee was exceptional.

I loved the rocking chairs on the porch overlooking the marina on the river. It was beautiful and relaxing, much more so than what we would have encountered in Myrtle Beach.

I enjoyed the lovely lavender bath gel and the whirlpool tub, and I admit that I didn't feel guilty while transforming into a prune!

The Inn is so lovely, from the people and the decor, to the outdoor scenery. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and I plan on visiting again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 January 2011

This has been our third trip down to our favorite B&B, and we enjoy it more every time. Our hosts have always been pleasant and friendly, and every year we feel more at home there. The atmosphere there is comfortable without sloppy informality and elegant without the snobbery. We cannot wait for our next trip.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Our stay with the Inn during the holidays was wonderful. As an Army veteran, I really enjoyed talking with George and Hugh about their service to our great country. The Inn's location on the river is perfect location to stay in Conway. The city's riverwalk is just steps from the Inn's front door...great place to walk-off the delicious, hearty breakfast. The Inn and Rivertown Bistro are two reasons we will return to Conway in our future travels.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
NY/Canberra
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Delightfully welcoming and accommodating hosts, lovely location, imaginative breakfasts, surroundings that oozed pleasure, not work. The only thing that could have made it better was the time to enjoy all that was available.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2010

I chose the Cypress Inn based on reviews I saw here on TripAdvisor. Even with the positive reviews, I'm always a little nervous, especially with B & B's. I have rarely had as good an experience, even in large chains like Hilton, Marriott and Hyatt.

I came to Conway to visit family and to take a mini-vacation before starting a busy work week. From the greeting at the door by Hugh, to the hospitality shown by Carol and George, including inviting my cousin for breakfast on the day of my departure, I could not have been treated any better.

I stayed in Quinlan's Quarters, located on the third floor, north end and looking inland toward the new Court House. The room is beautifully appointed, from the period decor, the desk near the bay window, to the bathroom with the huge whirlpool tub. A leather-bound booklet gives you the background on Quinlan. The room even has a diary for guests to leave comments and entries for the innkeepers and future guests.

The Inn looks out over a small marina, and the Conway Riverwalk is steps away. From here you can walk all around the centre of Conway. The Riverwalk Grill is a just across the road and provides good food in a friendly atmosphere.

Did I mention that the Inn also has free WiFi? For a business traveller or anyone for whom staying connected is important, this is a great feature for a small Inn.

I can’t say enough good about the innkeepers, Hugh, Carol, George and Anne. Great people, with warm hearts, great cooking and conversation.

It’s absolutely worth the trip to Conway!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2009

This is a great place to stay! We were traveling and needed a halfway point to spend the night. I found the Cypress Inn by way of Select Registry and of course, checked out TripAdvisor. It was a great choice!

Hugh and Carol were the innkeepers. They were delightful, helpful, friendly, gave lots of good suggestions. The inn is extremely comfortable - nice areas to sit and read, lots of good reading materials (including good selection of up-to-date magazines), video library, wonderful eating area with ample snacks and other little goodies. Breakfast was terrific - although offered between 8 a.m. - 9 a.m., they seemed to be willing to offer service at other reasonable times (although we choose 8 a.m.). I also liked how we were given flexibility in what we wanted for breakfast - there didn't seem to be a set menu, but guided more by guest choice. This might change a bit if the entire inn is full, but it was great when we were there. Inn has a great porch, which would be great to sit on and watch world go by (it was chilly during our stay). Room was super comfortable, with good water pressure and temperature.

We certainly would return again and would recommend the Cypress Inn to anyone!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Comfort Suites at the University
Sleep Inn & Suites near Outlets
Sleep Inn & Suites near Outlets
#90 of 208 in Myrtle Beach
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach

Been to The Cypress Inn at Conway Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!