“Best B&B Ever”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Conway
The Cypress Inn at Conway Myrtle Beach
Ranked #1 of 2 Conway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 May 2008

I had to travel to Conway for business, and was fortunate to find out about the Cypress Inn. I have stayed at a number of Bed and Breakfasts, and it was hands down the best.

Check-in was fast and easy as I was greeted by one of the owners. He showed me around the inn and to my room, which was immaculate. They had snacks and beverages available throughout the day. It was nice to sit on the porch with a drink and just read and relax. The grounds were beautiful.

Breakfast in the morning was excellent, and it was nice to meet the other guests of the inn.

I hope I have another trip to Conway planned soon, just so I can visit the Cypress Inn again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank runninggal78
There are newer reviews for The Cypress Inn at Conway Myrtle Beach

Reviewed 23 April 2008

We spent three consecutive nights at the Inn and enjoyed our stay immensely. The innkeeper/owners were very personable, informative, and contributed greatly to our ability to relax and
unwind. A highlight of our visit was getting to know them.
Our room, (the Conservatory), was tastefully decorated and immaculate providing an atmosphere that allowed us to totally relax and enjoy eachother and the Conway/Mrtyle Beach Area.
The full breakfast was absolutely scrumptous and each morning the choice of entrees were totally different. Snacks and beverages were always available for between meal snacking as well as movies for the vcr player in the room.
I would HIGHLY recommend the Cypress Inn to anyone looking for a top quality bed and breakfast.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank bandber
Reviewed 27 January 2008

Our stay at the Inn while visiting friends in Conway before returning to Australia beautifully capped off a wonderful visit to the USA. We could not have been treated better.
I was very fortunate to fit in a massage while I was there. It was just what I needed after all the travelling and walking we'd been engaged in over the previous seven weeks. It was extremely relaxing - nice not to be pummelled like a boxing bag.
Thank you to the wonderful Innkeepers - Anne, George, Carol and Hugh. I will certainly be recommending the Cypress Inn to others.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Queenslander_8
Reviewed 1 January 2008

My husband and I stayed at The Cypress Inn from Dec 29 - Jan 1, for a New Years getaway. On the day of our arrival, we were shown to the Carolina Room, which was a very comfortable room with a king-sized bed and large jacuzzi tub. The room was very clean, airy, and cozy. Because we asked for a romantic stay, there was champagne chilling and chocolates waiting for us in the room. The downstairs sitting areas were also very warm and inviting, with books laid out everywhere to be read by the guests.

While we never met the male innkeepers, the ladies (Carol and Anne) were extremely nice. They were more than willing to offer driving directions to various attractions, as well as offering to make dinner reservations if needed.

They made a fabulous hot breakfast every morning. The breakfast always started with coffee, orange juice, mixed fruit slices, and either a pastry or muffin. Then the main course was served. On our first day, we had french toast with bacon or sausage. Because I do not eat beef or pork, the ladies very kindly substituted turkey sausage for me. On the second day, eggs benedict was served. Because I am a picky eater and do not care for this entree, the ladies made me scrambled eggs, hash browns, and an English muffin with strawberry preserves. On the third and final day, we had pancakes shaped like hearts, with sausage or bacon. Overall, the breakfasts were very delicious and filling. Furthermore, Carol and Anne were always there offering seconds, so there was no chance of leaving the breakfast table hungry!

Just about everything was perfect, with one exception. My husband and I received massages from the on-site massage therpaist during our stay. As someone who loves a good massage and has had many during my lifetime, I know a good massage from a sub-standard massage. This one definitely rated as sub-standard. I went first, and my husband went right after me. When we were both finished and had an opportunity to compare notes, we had the same complaints.

The massage can best be described as one involving light rubbing and poking, as opposed to massaging and kneading. The therpist would run her hands over our skin very gently, with little to no actual massaging involved. Imagine rubbing lotion over your arms or legs....that was the "massage" we received. After what felt like half an hour of this, throughout which I kept expecting the massage to actually begin, I decided to point out my problem area to the therapist. I explained that my stress was centered on my back between my shoulder blades, and I asked her to work on that area. She kindly agreed, and proceeded to do so. However, rather than massaging my back directly, she lifted the sheet over my back and proceeded to complete the massage through the sheet. Needless to say, the feeling of a sheet rubbing against my skin was not pleasant. And my husband, who is a weight lifter, said he received the same kind of massage.....very light, with lots of poking. Overall, we were not pleased and we would not recommend the massage therapy.

Overall, however, our stay was wonderful. We loved the Inn, the room we stayed in, the hot breakfast every morning, and the overall atmosphere. We would not hesitate to return, or to recommend this location to other travelers.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrandyLG
Reviewed 18 September 2007

We found The Cypress Inn through the Select Registry book ("Distinguished Inns of North America"). The Cypress Inn deserves its credentials in the Registry. The attention to detail is thorough, the accommodations are beautiful, and the innkeepers are delightful. The Cypress Inn is a first class experience. It provided the relaxation, respite, and rejuvenation we needed. We look forward to future visits. T and S Stripe.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2007

A top notch place to stay!! What a beautiful place. The owners made us feel like we were part of the family. Breakfast was fabulous. The rooms had everything you could want plus more. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2007

We have just returned from our wedding/honeymoon that we had while we were staying here. The Innkeepers are the best, so much hospitality. They took care of everything for us so that our wedding would be the best day ever. So glad I found this spectacular place and we will go back again.

The Johnson's

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Comfort Suites at the University
#30 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
#5 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to The Cypress Inn at Conway Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!