“Was dated but our stay wasn't that bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Montreal, Canada
“Was dated but our stay wasn't that bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I'm very surprised by some of the other comments left about this motel. Our room was adequately clean (okay when we moved the night stand to plug in our phone we saw some candy wrappers on the floor *gasp*), it was very inexpensive and the one staff member we dealt with was pleasant enough. Yes he tried to sell us bottled water upon check in (which we declined) and no, we did see anyone selling jewelry from India. Absolutely no issues with the room (maybe we were lucky). The breakfast is the usual motel fare of sugar, caffeine and dust. I would not go out of my way to stay here again but neither would I not stay here if it's a convenient stopping point on a road trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Patterson, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Dirty sheets with hair on them, and it was not ours,dirty bathroom and the towel was so small it would only dry of your head, entire room dirty. Smelled bad too. Sounded like a bowling alley above our heads. No refund so had to stay but used our own pillows and blankets.Top of my list on worst stay ever and we stay in a lot of places.Look at the room first before you give them the money.

• Stayed April 2014

Travellers are raving about these Dillon hotels

Newport News, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel is horrible!

I went into the lobby to check in and at first everything was ok. After the man behind the counter ran my card and gave me a room key he tried to sell bottled water to me. I politely told him no and turned to walk out. He stopped me by pointing at something behind me and asking if I'd like to look at some jewelry. I turned around and an elderly woman (his mother maybe?) is sitting at one of the lobby tables with a jewelry display of tacky costume jewelry. I was kind of irritated by this because it was late at night, my mother and I had been driving all day, and we just wanted to sleep. I again said no thank you and head out the door.

As we enter our room there was a very musty smell to it and I immediately notice two giant holes worn in the carpet where the concrete floor is clearly visible. We also found a stinkbug on the ceiling (we killed it), dirt in the corners of the tile of the sink and bathroom areas, dead gnats in the bathtub, black flecks of something came out of the showerhead with the water (needless to say we chose not to bathe), the door to the room had serious gaps in it that let freezing air in the room all night, did not have an ashtray even though I was told it was a smoking room, and the television remote was missing the battery cover but had a piece of paper labeled "Office Remote" taped to it to keep the batteries in, which it did not. We would have left, but like I said it was late at night and we could not drive anymore. And when I went to checkout the next morning the man behind the counter tried to sell me the jewelry again!

We had picked this hotel because of the description in the free South Carolina hotel book which included free newspaper, restaurant next door, free wifi, and continental breakfast. There was no restaurant or newspaper, the wifi kept making me sign in, and we skipped the breakfast because everything else was so horrible. I paid $46.91 for a room I wouldn't have let my dog stay in. This location needs to seriously be updated and put under new management. I wouldn't even give this place one star.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mthrasher
Charlottesville, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Its right off the interstate and easy to park a truck. And it was cheap. Interesting as after checking in an elderly lady, clearly kin of the owner, popped open a case and offered "handmade jewelry from India". So between that and the condition of the place it reminded me of travels in the developing world. If you stay, I hope its at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank thebiglion
Urbana, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We booked four rooms the rooms were dirty needs up dated Badly. The morning breakfast was horrible. The lady at the front desk was rude at check in. The beds were hard and pillows sucked. That morning for breakfast the donuts were soggy and tasted horrible. Would not recommend this hotel for anyone to stay at. Needs a lot of updating and cleaning done to it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Aedwards08
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Other reviewers have said it all. Upholstered furniture had, in our room, been replaced. Room smelled like stale cigarette smoke--always hard for hotels to enforce the no-smoking rules, but others somehow get rid off the smell. Room just was dirty. Mirror not wiped of splatters, dirty a/c panel, old crumbs on table--just wanted to leave as soon as possible (and actually did leave an hour earlier than planned). Would not have reserved except for the pets-allowed policy. An odd note: at check-in, an elderly lady (relative of check-in person?) tried to sell me "antique jewelry."

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank FloridaPip
Coopersburg, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We booked this room online because the quotes rate was $39. An additional $10 for a rollaway bed, which is fine. The front desk staff/owners were awfully mannered, rude, and pissy. The rate at the desk was not the same quoted online. The sheets were stained, the "Sani-Strip" was on the toilet, but the toilet wasn't cleaned. The room wasn't even vaccuumed, and there were ants all over the bathroom sink.

May I repeat myself....PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! The most disgusting hotel I have ever been in.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SEJNE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Quality Inn Dillon
Comfort Inn Lumberton
Comfort Inn Lumberton
#5 of 23 in Lumberton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327

Been to Economy Inn? Share your experiences!