“Quality Inn - Dillon”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Stewartsville, New Jersey
“Quality Inn - Dillon”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed overnight at this Quality Inn during a recent trip to Florida where I needed an overnight stay. This was one of the higher rated hotels in Dillon. It was easy to find and when I arrived, the girl at the front desk was very nice and polite. I found this hotel very clean and neat. The room was very nice and met my expectation. Clean and fresh for the overnight stay. I awoke early to begin my trip and the breakfast buffet was all set and ready to go at 6:00 am as stated. A very good variety of continental breakfast foods and fruits. And, very good coffee. If you are looking for a good place for an overnight stay, this is a nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Jim M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Herndon, VA
Reviewed 4 August 2013

If this is ranked #1, I'm scared to see #6. Ok, ok. We were just staying overnight, this was not a destination hotel by any means. The selection at breakfast was so bad, we ended up eating cereal and leaving. I didn't see any bugs, and the guests in the next room quieted down eventually. I felt better having slept here than trying to push through or sleep at another hotel in this vicinity of I-95.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is the first time I've stopped at an 'outdoor' hotel - where your door opens to the elements. I'm a bit of a hotel snob. But this trip we had our new puppy, so 'pet friendly' was our new search item! My hubby was afraid that 'pet friendly' would automatically mean stained, hairy and smelly. But this hotel was SUPER clean (my number one requirement). No bad smells, no stains, no bedbugs... nothing untoward. My second requirement is sound control. Of course, you never know if there just aren't people staying around you... but this hotel, being an older but renovated building, was built sturdy. You could barely hear the cars starting outside (we were on the second level). The beds were also very comfy!! I slept like a rock with my puppy beside me. There were plenty of grassy/woody areas for the dog to do business just outside our room. The layout is basic... basic little bathroom, basic little sink outside the bathroom, and basic furniture. But VERY nice. There was a couple checking in when we did that had come from the hotel next door because it was so dirty the wife couldn't stand it. She checked this one out and approved. :-) I slept late, so didn't get to try the breakfast, but before we left I went in to see if I could get some hot tea and the lady opened up the cabinets and helped me get what I needed! Very friendly, too! And it was less expensive than most!! Something I shy away from, usually!! Overall, A great experience.

Room Tip: I think I would choose a second level to be away from the car noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank newbbrn
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

This was a one night stopover for us on a longer trip. Service was exceptional and we are picky. The front desk clerk went out of her way to make us feel welcome and help settle us in.

The room was small and a little smelly (kind of like outdated room smell), but was very clean. The beds were firm and not unconformtable. I love that the temperature control let us get it nice and cool, a personal preference.

Price includes breakfast. Note that I heard that you can save money by reserving direct at this location (bummer I learned about this after!)

Great stay and will definite recommend.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Scot J
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My family and I were travelling back from Orlando and needed a place to stay to cut the drive up a bit. We had no issues with the room, except that the bath room was a bit small. It was clean the and the beds were fine. We were not in it for long anyways so it was not a big problem. We didn’t have time for breakfast, but I was travelling with a pregnant wife and needed a banana to quell a hungry wife with a request it 1am. The girl working the overnight was most helpful providing me one from the breakfast area. I didn’t get her name but thanks a lot it did the trick, you know how pregnant women can be with their requests, lol.
I did see a review about someone commenting on the glass entrance that separates you from the front desk area. Being a manager in the hotel industry I will say this. It may be an inconvenience to some guest coming in or a detractor for some but if it protects the staff at night then I don’t have a problem with it. It’s an interesting set up but I’m sure it works to protect the staff at night and being so close to I-95 I can see the possible need for it.
I had no reason to stay in Dillon other than that it was a place to sleep for the night. Its real close to “South Of The Border”, and it fulfilled what I needed in a room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank chavezjwl
Eastham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 March 2013

the young lady who checked me in one late cold night, Sherry(?), was as nice as can be: pert, friendly, helpful and just plain nice. her early morning counterpart, and keeper of the breakfast nook, was equally nice, tho' I didn't catch her name! the room was ok, the price about right for the quality. the room was clean, the heater worked. missed a mini-frig and microwave, but lived without it!. "Breakfast" was only just ok, but at least it was served with a smile!
p.s. DON'T use the domino"s pizza room delivery service....the yahoo who answered my call was clueless and when the pizza hadn't arrived after 1 1/2 hours a phone call to Domino's elicited the response that no order had been placed. What??? these guys could screw up a 2-car funeral!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank CHARMERSDAD
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2013

There are several places to stay in Dillon...I don't know why we picked this one. The hotel has not been updated - save for the flat screen TV - although it wasn't HD. No frig; no micro; we could hear every sound outside; hard beds. And breakfast included? Sorry Southerners, but if I don't see biscuits and gravy again for years, it will still be too soon. In today's health conscious climate...really people? Biscuits and Gravy constitutes for a breakfast? Thankfully there were apples in a bowl, and raisin bran - which takes 10 minutes to get out of the cereal contraption by the time you keep turning and turning and turning the wheel. I will see my doctor for my strained wrist! ; )
We really liked the restaurant Kintyre House downtown, but next time will look for a nicer place to stay.

Room Tip: PS: Our king-sized room on a weekend was $85...without all the extra charges and taxes! Not so cheap...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank janconover

Travellers are raving about these Dillon hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Red Roof Inn - Dillon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Mullins

Been to Quality Inn Dillon? Share your experiences!