“Pleasantly Surprised!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Duncan
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way south for Christmas without booking a reservation. I'm so glad we chose the Hampton because it truly exceeded our expectations. The lobby was much nicer than other Hampton's I've seen and it looks to be fairly new. The staff at the front desk could not have been friendlier. The room was spacious and the beds comfortable. Only have a minor complaint about the odd configuration of the closet. The complimentary breakfast is far better than most with a very good variety (french toast sticks, make your own waffles, sausage, hot oatmeal, etc.) We did note that the 2 gentlemen working the breakfast area were a little too involved in personal conversation and laughing loudly. All in all, for the price this is an excellent hotel and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
McLean H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a response for us on Tripadvisor! We truly appreceiate not only you staying with us, but your taking the time to give us valuable feedback. We hope that you will come back and see us again, next time you are in the area. Thanks again, have a great week.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

We are regular guests at Hampton Inns, so know what to expect. This is a newer hotel that is quiet, very clean, comfortable, and convenient for travelers. The rooms are a little larger than the average Hampton, too, which was a nice surprise, and came equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. The beds and pillows are comfy, the towels thick and plush, and their WiFi is fast. And very importantly, their climate control is exact and quiet. This Hampton has all the little extra touches that make your stay more enjoyable. We couldn't find anything that wasn't above par. But what impressed us the most was how friendly and welcoming all of the staff is. We felt right at home immediately, and well taken care of. We will definitely stay at this top notch Hampton again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
McLean H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We really appreceiate the feedback. Thank you for your business, and your loyalty to the Hampton brand. We look forward to having you again next time your travels bring you this way. Thank you!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I had been led to believe that this hotel was not very nice, but I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was very friendly. The pillows were a bit small, the closet wasn't deep enough to hold the the folding luggage stand, and the towels were not very soft, but those are my only complaints. The waffle maker, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and cold cereal selection were the standard discount hotel fare. The 2 free drinks every Tuesday & Wednesday night were nice, as was the in-room make-up remover.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
McLean H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreceate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our products and service level, so your comments are helpful. Thank you again. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly if you have any additional feedback that you would like to share. We appreceate you staying with us, and look forward to you hopefully being our guest again, next time your travels bring you back to the Greenville/ Spartanburg area.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

As a mother of a young child, the most important thing to me is cleanliness. Of course I realize this hotel is in a smaller town and the choices were very limited. So compared to hotels in bigger towns with more resources and choices, the hotel would suck. Considering where I was at, the hotel was okay.

I came prepared to accept it was not going to be "big town" quality so was pleasantly surprised at the more modern look of the lobby and fixtures. Even walking into my room, at first glance I was pleasantly surprised. But if you are into details like me, you won't last long. Moldy ceiling, moldy, smelly room and kitchen. Noisy old AC unit- room was very humid and sticky. I didn't let my daughter sit in the "jacuzzi" because I questioned whether it was sanitary. It just looked old and not clean enough. Even the iron was moldy. Fine for a two day stay. And probably fine for the town/area.

I'm really confused about the different types of rooms. I prepaid and booked a "king suite" and when I arrived the front desk clerk said that it wasn't available. So she gave me a "king room" but my room still had a desk, kitchen, etc. It was a little costly for the lack of quality- but you get what you get in a small town!

• Stayed: October 2012
McLean H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. In the meantime if you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and polite as soon as we got in they offered us water and checked us in in two minutes then after that the room was clean and convienetly located and it was comfy and clean there was free breakfeast and then they even. Told us we didn't need to check out just needed the room number and excellent stay and defiantly stay here

Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

It is very clean people are nice the breakfast is avenge if u want a waffle u will wait a bit the breakfast ends at 10 so i would go early before anything runs out the ac is loud but it isn't like u can't fall asleep with it on

Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

Great price, nice location, and most importantly clean.! Breakfast was free, pool was clean, and staff was polite. If u need a nice clean place to stay, this is a good choice. *note- AC is a little loud but a little loud.

• Stayed: September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncan
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg(Duncan)
Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville Airport
WoodSpring Suites Spartanburg Duncan
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85? Share your experiences!