“Female Business Traveler”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Duncan
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Female Business Traveler”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

For an inexpensive hotel, the room was nicer than expected so I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and I felt safe. Friendly staff. The quiet little pool was nice to relax in during the evening. Conveniently located to where I needed to be. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A nice, clean hotel right off the interstate. The staff were very friendly and efficient (helped me with directions to a great local restaurant). I'm real particular about cleanliness and this hotel gets high marks in my book.

I talked to another guy at breakfast who says he stays here all the time and has never had a bad experience. I'll defenately stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Just ask the staff.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Anna C, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Duncan/Spartanburg, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay with us. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to help you find a great meal, but the comment you made about your conversation with the other guest really makes me happy. We always strive to make our guests feel at home and to know that he had good things to say is very rewarding.

Thank you again for your review and please let me know if we can assist you with your travel in the future.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Not what I expect from a Wyndham Hotel. Front desk staff was unfriendly and not helpful. Our room was just OK - clean but very worn, beds are uncomfortable and we had to ask for towels and wash clothes every day. Breakfast was terrible! The biscuits were frozen on the inside, gravy in the crock-pot was cold, milk was hot (just sitting on the counter) and we had to ask for multiple items - syrup, biscuits etc. The worst was when the assistant manager called our room at 10:30pm to explain our room charges, a call that we had not requested! Totally rude and unprofessional to call someone's room at that hour for a non-emergent issue!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Duncan
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This motel appeared to be clean on the outside but the room was not clean. The towels were shabby, frayed and hard. There was a bug in one of the beds and the bedding did not appear to be clean. Very disappointed and will not stay here to any of the Baymont Chains.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank K L
Duncan
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was less than satisfied by the cleanliness of this room, when I moved the ottoman to sit in the chair there where french fries and crumbs all over the floor under it

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Anna C, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Duncan/Spartanburg, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. Your feedback helps us to continually improve our service. Please accept my apology for problems with your room and be assured that they will be addressed with our housekeeping staff. We always want to exceed our guests expectations and are disappointed when we fall short.

Again, thank you for your feedback and please let me know if I can help in the future.
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

It really was a decent hotel, except for when I went to breakfast the next morning and had to listen to a man, and one of the staff, having an in depth conversation about how much they hate the north and how they just wish the northerners would send down their money but stay "where they belong" Maybe a conversation staff shouldn't have, in a lobby, at a hotel off the highway where many northerners stay after a long drive.

• Stayed May 2014