“Ok”

Ranked #9 of 46 Restaurants in Duncan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Food was OK. Nothing to rave about.

Escargot was tasteless, beef tips tender but again not too tasty.

Prompt friendly service.

Place was close to the hotel so I gave it a try.

1  Thank IEBob
There are newer reviews for Demetre's

Reviewed 23 June 2014

They allow smoking at the bar, so that costs them in the rating, but the service is very good, and the food is way better than average, tasty and filling. This time we started with the flaming cheese Saganaki ("Opa!"), very good, served with crusty bread - I'll ask for more lemon next time. The salads were fresh, the dressings home-made and well prepared. We ordered the lasagna and the shrimp and scallops over pasta, seafood cooked perfectly, not overdone, both dishes very good. They had a decent array of draft beer including a nice local 420 ale on tap. Good solid fare, plenty of room and quiet so it's good for business lunches/dinners. On top of that it's close to the hotel, so we'll be back here again when we need to be in Greer next year. Recommended.

2  Thank pondman1
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We took my parents there for a quick dinner. We had some drinks, then ordered dinner. The French onion soup is the best I've tasted. I had the shrimp and scallops with Alfredo over penne pasta....wonderful. My parents were pleased and all of us were very full with to go boxes.(the portions are good sized so go hungry) The only thing I don't like is the smoking in the bar area. The restaurant is well ventilated so it isn't obvious while dining. Otherwise, give it a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

2  Thank raider89
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

The wait staff was incredible, the food was terrific. They were a friendly, well-mannered establishment. Overall, we had a great experience.

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

First let me start by saying that the immediate onslaught of smoke from the bar almost made me walk out. However, was convinced that far back in the dining room wouldn't be smoky and they were right. The waiter (his name escapes me) was top notch and the food was actually quite decent. Unfortunately as I travel on business on prefer to dine at (or at least near) the bar, I will likely pass on returning as the smoke is just too overpowering. It's too bad because I think it could be a nice option to have.