All reviews truck parking an older hotel short stay would stay again fridge
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Although the queen room was a little small it was nicely updated and very comfy bed plus fridge, micro and coffee. Convenient to I-85 and lots of quick serve food options. Would stay again on our way back through town.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Quality I, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Duncan Spartanburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Dad n I needed a room for a night on Memorial Day and since we stayed here before we opted to stay again. We called that mornin and they had a room we could check in to early for a fee. The lady working the front desk was top notch and at some point we'll be back. The shower felt great and the location is not bad. You got Hardees there and McD's across the street. A big bonus is the truck parking and being a truck driver it's great to know I can park my rig there.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Quality I, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Duncan Spartanburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Room felt old and smelled bad for 2 days...asked for something from front desk and never heard back....maybe I should have stayed at days inn across the street...next time...breakfast was okay, nothing to brag about with semi cold eggs and warm sausage...

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Quality I, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Duncan Spartanburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We stayed here for two nights as it was the only property that had availability. I would not stay at another Quality Inn. This is a motel so the doors open directly into the parking lot which is quite loud. We were given a smoking room (no choice) which had an unbearable smell and was extremely dirty, the lobby has an odd-smell making the few breakfast choices unappetizing, and the entire property needs an update.
I am not comparing this to a higher class hotel; even among same class competitors this motel is terrible.

Room tip: Specify non-smoking if you don't smoke; 2nd story is less noise.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kyle592
Quality I, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Duncan Spartanburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Unfortunately when you booked your reservation online you booked a smoking room. As you stated the area was sold out of rooms so we were unable to move you to a non smoking that evening. When I came in the next morning my front desk made me aware of the issue and I immediately started working on getting you all moved over to a non smoking room. The following morning at check out when I inquired about the move and the stay I was told everything was much better and was very appreciative of the move to the non smoking room. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

This is an older hotel, reasonably priced, well maintained, comfortable bed, clean; staff was professional and helpful; easy access to the freeway, minutes from the airport. There are nearly two dozen restaurants in the vicinity. The breakfast was good, except for the rock-hard biscuits. Drawbacks: no elevator to the second floor; temperamental door locks which made it a challenge at times to get into the room; the window looks out on the walkway and has no sheer curtains. To have a measure of privacy and keep people from looking directly into your room you have to keep the heavy, dark drapes closed at all times and keep the lights on. Overall, this hotel is a good choice at a very reasonable price. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Quality I, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Duncan Spartanburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017