“Terrible on many fronts!”
Review of SeaCow Eatery

SeaCow Eatery
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am an avid Trip Advisor user and find it to be a very useful tool with planning vacations. However, this was the first time that my experience was 100% different than the previous reviews. I can not state enough how totally different our experience was from the previous reviewers. Maybe the restaurant is battling with staffing woes but I will NEVER return to this restaurant (very politely told the Manager on duty the same thing). First off, after we sat down we were left unattended for 15 minutes (mind you it was 8:45 and business was winding down). When we did order our food, I was surprised to find out that they were out of 2 items (one was a simple baked potato?). The waitress was matter of fact with her response and she seemed to be very ready to go home (curt and just cut us off when talking). After a 39 minute wait. I asked the Hostess/Cashier to check on our food and she said; 'It is cooking"! There was no effort made to check on on it, just a nasty attitude. When our food did come out (10 minutes later), I received fried fish and fried scallops (ordered grilled for both) and the fries were old/cold. I politely tell the waitress that I recieved the incorrect food. She fires back," Well, I wrote down fried "! Had I not been starving, I would have got up and left. Instead, I chuckled it off and told her that it was late and I was very hungry.She just shook her head, rolled her eyes and was talking to herself as she left our table. However,the icing on the cake was my experience when I got up to pay for my meal. They had closed down the patio cashier station so I had to go inside to pay. I try to pay with a credit card and the card reader was acting up and was not ringing up the transaction. After 5 minutes of fiddling around with the machine, she tells me that I just need to pay cash. I inform her that I am cashless and she just looks at me with this irritated look on her face! Instead of railing her, I ask her if she can just go out on the patio and use that card reader. Her response was comically right in line with the others;" It is closed down". Her biting attitude was the final straw and I ask to see a manager. As I am waiting on the manager, I am standing at the front counter and staring right into the door into the kitchen. Without a doubt, it was the nastiest,dirtest and most delporing kitchen that I have ever seen. I dare any guest to just ask if they can take a peek back into the kitchen before ordering food. Regardless of your level of attention and detail; I promise you that you will not eat in this restaurant! I am not talking nightly grease,grime and dirt. It was very evident that it was a result of weeks and weeks of neglect. Once again, just ask for a peek into the kitchen!

8  Thank Thomas D

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We have frequented this restaurant for the past two years and love the fried shrimp and oysters. The french fries are out of this world and the coleslaw is great...a little sweet but just like I like it. During the summer months this place is crowded but wait until after Labor Day and you will find it very comfortable. We were there two days ago for lunch and the place was packed. Staff was busy but always looking to see if you need anything. There desserts are homemade buy one of the employees and are fantastic. I highly recommend this for anyone visiting the beach for a great meal...lunch or dinner.

1  Thank Peggy P
Reviewed 18 June 2014

we discovered this wonderful very packed always restaurant and will go there I am sure at least once a week if not more often once we move. a great place to take friends and also meet people. a great atmosphere, friendly service, and delishcious food. cannot wait to go back.

1  Thank antiques123
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had fried scallops & French fries and they came to us "oil free". We also had breakfast at this restaurant and it too was great. The helpings were filling.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The consensus of our entire group was one of the best breakfast experiences anywhere- good was great. It's obviously a popular place on the island. The wait for food was a little long but considering there was 10 of us and the crowd, understandable. The waitress was very attentive both visits. Planning a third visit before we leave.