“Good for traveling with pets”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were traveling from FL to New England with our small dog. This place accepts pets and was remarkably quiet and clean. I could detect no animal odors in the room. The room needed some updating but appeared clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fairly standard. It is a good place for an overnight stop.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
AMFlorence, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay here at The La Quinta Inn and Suites of Florence. We are pleased your stay was comfortable and we hope that you will be able to stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was a little skeptical from reading some reviews but we were peasantry surprised with our quick stay here. The day was difficult with many delays on I-95 and we were 3 hours later than anticipated when we arrived. Traveling with our golden retriever there are many hotels that don't allow large dogs so we have to pre-plan and get a hotel that will accept us. When we arrived we were greeting by a very pleasant front desk clerk and went to the room. The room was spacious and clean- the only issue was with the air conditioner- we couldn't lower it to make it warmer(it was a bit cold for my daughter). The hotel was located next to a Days Inn motel and when we were walking our dog at night there were men hanging around drinking outside their doors all night- not necessarily a safety risk, but as always, be aware of your surroundings. We would stay here again when traveling the I-95 corridor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa D

Thank you being our guest at The La Quinta Inn and Suites. It is great news that you decided to give us a try and we love to know that we did not let you down. I apologize that the room was a little cool for you and hope that if you are traveling by again we will be able to make it up to . Thank you so much and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

On a recent trip from Florida to Maryland and back, my wife, I, and our 2 dogs stayed at this La Quinta. It's obvious that this location has been recently remodeled.On the way north we were given a 3rd floor room, though we had requested a 1st floor room when we made our reservations online. On the way back we had a 1st floor room. Both rooms were clean, and well maintained, but the 3rd floor room was in a little better,fresher condition. Both had a fridge, microwave, and large flatscreen TV. We had no issues with security. A word to the wise, the key had the phone number of the local Domino's pizza. We ordered from there. The pizza was extremely late, and once it arrived we didn't even finish it. It ranked as one of the 3 worst pizzas we had ever attempted and failed to eat. Don't order from there. We will stay at this location again when we travel to Maryland.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We love repeat customers and we are so pleased that you found both of your nights pleasant while staying with us. We look forward to your return trip and please be sure to ask the desk about a great local pizza delivery that we are sure you would enjoy.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I didn't expect much and got even less. The room smelled like dog, not really a surprise since pets are allowed. The bath tub needs to be recaulked, there was a toothpick and open package of artificial sweetner on the floor. There was hair on the towels. There were no comforters only hospital blankets on the bed. Glad it's only for a couple hours of sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014

You are absolutely right there is no excuse and I can not begin to apologize enough for the condition in which you found your room. We will continue to improve our location and we appreciate you providing us with the feedback to know just what needs to be done. Thank you so much and if you are ever traveling again I hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Traveling with my dog for the first time ever, I leaned heavily on La Quinta for quality, pet-friendly lodgings during a recent road trip. I called ahead to secure my room when I was certain that Florence, SC would be a good stopping point. Check in was a breeze and the room was cool, clean and very comfortable. I felt very safe walking the dog around in the designated area and coming and going into the hotel. The room was well-appointed and I got a great night's rest and was ready to hit the road early the next morning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FLBirdGirl

Thank you for choosing The La Quinta Inn and Suites. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and hope you will be able to visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at this inn because my husband had to be there on business and we were traveling with our small dog. We have stayed at LaQuinta Inns before and the rooms have been really good. We really appreciate there are some hotels which allow dogs without another added fee. This room was average but the bed was very comfortable. The issue we had with this hotel was when my husband left the next morning for an 8 a.m. meeting. He was at his car putting his bags in the car when he was blocked in the parking space by two black men in a Nissan car wanting money to get home. He told the men he had nothing for them, got in the drivers seat and started the car. Very fortunate for him, they decided to move on. At first it just made him mad but then after thinking about it for awhile, he realized he was in a very dangerous situation. He has traveled extensively in the southeast in his 35 years of working and this is the first time this has ever happened to him. However, this is the second time in one month that he and a co-worker were in the Florence, SC area on business in very public places and were approached by people with a sob story wanting money. While he was in his meeting, I stayed in the hotel room. While in the room, two housekeepers were outside our room in the hallway having a very heated argument, yelling at each other up and down the hall. I did not feel safe in our room in the hotel and had I known what had happened to my husband that morning, I would have been very upset. I don't think we will ever stay in a hotel in Florence, SC again and we will definitely not stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

I honestly can not say I blame you under the circumstances for not wanting to return. I am truly sorry that your experience was not a very positive one. This is not usually the type of things that go on around here. On behalf of the entire hotel staff we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you and your husband experienced while staying with us and we hope that you would consider giving us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Front desk clerk was efficient enough during check-in process but did not display any personality & did not inform of hotel services included in stay. Otherwise, this property seemed in line with usual La Quinta standards.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for staying with us and we are very sorry that you were not greeted warmly as you should have been. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and we will work to improve in this area.