La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence
US$122
Country Inn
US$133
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

US$52
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$65/night.

Hotel Florence(Florence)
US$150
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

Residence Inn Florence(Florence)
Free cancellation until 01/06
Travelocity
Home2.com
Travelocity
US$140
Hotwire.com
All reviewsdog walk arealarge areapet friendly hoteltraveling with petspet ownersdog parkroom was cleansmall dogdecent breakfasteasy accesswe've stayedbreakfast barcoffee makerhalfway pointhalf wayfront desk clerkwaffles
Reviewed 5 July 2010

My main reason for booking this place was the location on my road trip southbound on I-95. Overall a comfortable room, bed and extras like free Wi-Fi and full breakfast. No surprises or serious complaints. I booked the room 5 months in advance on the Wyndham website and they did not charge my credit card until the day I checked out, unusual in my experiences. The only downside was the fact that it did not count for my Wyndham points, no reason given.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
rmurrow, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear you had a pleasant experience here at Wingate! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and for giving us your opinion on our hotel. I encourage you to contact our property so we can look into why you did not recieve points for your stay. We look forward to seeing you again for another pleasant stay here at Wingate.

Reviewed 17 June 2010

I have noticed a recurring theme in the reviews of the Wingate; it's okay, if you did not pay too much for the room.

Let me start with the positives. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way with any request we had. The breakfast was decent, but dropped in quality on the weekends. The space was well arranged, and the wifi easy to access.

Unfortunately, there were many things that could have been improved. The rooms are getting a little run down (not as nice as a stay I had in a previous year). The shower was noticeably worn in the middle where water accumulated and mold grew. The pool was not clean (had small debris and bugs in it). The exercise room had multiple pieces of equipment that were not working properly. Apparently the whirlpool has not been fixed since the earlier March posting I just read. One non-smoking hall included both smoking and non-smoking; so, the hall smelled like old, wet cigarettes. Every night between 9 and 10 pm we were 'serenaded' by at least one very loud train which disturbed my wife's sleep. Worst of all, I killed a cockroach on the wall before going to bed the last night there. If that had happened earlier, we would have moved to another hotel across the street.

If you stay here, stay here cheap so that you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear about the positive points of your stay, but I am very disappointed about the negative points since these are problems that should never occur with any guest. Since we have recently come under new management we have upgraded our guest rooms and our equipment, we have also addressed many previously existing issues and we are now capable of offering better service and quality. I would like to invite you to come by if you have a return trip to Florence and give us an opportunity to offer you a better stay. As always we appreciate our guest's opinions and we look forward to receiving more reviews.Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any needs or concerns.

Thanks,

Reviewed 9 April 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham in April 2010 on a one night travel stop over. After many bids for a two and a half star hotel on Priceline, my $60 bid was accepted. The total with fees was 75.52. The regular price to book the room for that night was $89 plus taxes. The staff was fine at check-in. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The furniture looked nice and relatively new. The room had a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The TV was standard, not hd. The picture was dark and the colors were a little strange. The free wireless Internet access in the room worked fine. The ac/heating unit made a little noise when running, but I liked being able to set a temperature on the unit instead of guessing at a comfortable setting. I noticed late at night that the ac unit was leaking water because the carpet around it was wet, and reported the problem at check out.

The bathroom looked ok and seemed to be clean. The only problem I found was the faucet was set too far back from the sink, so the stream of water is only about half inch from the side of the bowl. It makes it a little more difficult to get your hands under the water stream for washing.

There are a variety of fast food places and restaurants just down the road. The free continental breakfast is pretty good. They have toast, english muffins, bagels, cereal, juice, coffee, tea, hard-boiled eggs, biscuits with gravy, waffles, muffins and pastry. There was also some chopped mixed fruit.

Overall I had a good stay and would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear you had a pleasant experience here at Wingate! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and for giving us your opinion on our hotel. I see we did not offer HD televisions during your stay, but we have recently upgraded our room amenities and I believe you would find them to be much better. I am not sure why the AC would have been leaking, but I appreciate the input so we can look into that. I invite you to come back and stay with us here at Wingate and give us the opportunity to turn you"ok stay" to a Great One!

Reviewed 15 March 2010

I had a bad feeling about this place. If everyone can get 30-40% more for motels just across the street, I knew I could be in for a disappointment. So for starters, Mr. Wyndham....have someone clean the filthy trash cans right beside the front door...yuk. And then teach the kid behind the desk to speak when a customer approaches the desk, and yes, that goes for the manager supervising him so poorly while he checks someone in. Then, fix your whirlpool. It's not acceptable to just cover the windows to the whirlpool room all the way around with kraft paper. Oh, and finally, get that pink slime mold off your bathtubs......uggggghhhh!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor. I'm sorry that my hotel fell short of your expectations. We have been keeping these issues listed in mind as we work to resolve them. We have recenty taken on new management and staff that are better trained to meet our guests needs. We do hope to see you again on your next trip and give you a much better experience. I appreciate your input and I invite you to contact me directly if there is anything we can do to for you or if you would like to address any other issues or concerns you may have.

Reviewed 8 March 2010

I usually stary at Marriott properties when flying,I was driving thru sc and picked up a coupon book at a rest area.Couldn't beat the price of $59 with the coupon,rooms all have a mini fridge.

only negative this hotel is beside a run down days inn on the right side of it and alot of unsavory types hanging out in their parking lot.

I would not stay here for the full retail price as the Hilton Garden inn and The NEW Residence inn near the mall are much nicer.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear you had a nice experience here at Wingate. I would like to apologize for the troubles you had with the area and I would like to assure you we've have taken as many steps as we can to make our location a better place. Also I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the discounts we offer. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and for giving us your opinion on our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again and please feel free to contact us for any additional information you may need or for any other concerns you may have.