“good value”

Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Morehead City, North Carolina
“good value”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Free breakfast. spacious room, easy to get to rooms. We were satisfied.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed 14 nights and is not as bad as described on a lot of reviews. Okay is not an holiday Inn but price is not holiday inn either so what do you expect. Room was big enough and clean enough, reception personnel is very nice. They can do better with the swimming pool and with breakfast (very poor).
Good for the price we paid.

Room Tip: 204 was good for us. clean, no smoke smell or stains..
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My fiance and I stopped here on our way from NY/PA down to Florida. We checked in at an odd time (6 AM) and the woman at the front desk seemed unsettled by this. (I don't know why because the hotel is right off of I-95... I'm sure we can't be the first who have arrived at an unusual hour). Anyway, the front desk attendant made several odd comments and talked to herself loudly throughout the check-in process. It is hard to describe her behavior, but it was strange, to say the least. I'm not normally thrown off by eccentric people but she gave me the creeps.

Anyway, after leaving the front desk, we unpacked our cars and settled into our room. I took a shower and my fiance tried to sleep. The phone rang while I was in the shower and my fiance answered. It was the woman at the front desk. She asked how the room was and he thanked her, told her it was fine, and then tried to go to sleep again. A while later the phone rang again. I was out of the shower at this time. We didn't answer because we were trying to sleep. Shortly thereafter, the phone rang AGAIN. I answered and it was the woman from the front desk. She said she was on a portable phone and wanted to talk to us. Suddenly, she pounded on the door while on the phone with me! I was more creeped out at this point and asked that we be left undisturbed unless necessary so that we could sleep. Then the connection broke or else she hung up. A few minutes later the phone rang again. I answered and it was the woman from the front desk... again... asking us to change rooms. I responded that we were very tired, and would rather stay put unless it was necessary, and asked why we should change rooms. She didn't explain why she wanted us to move, she only mumbled some incoherent sentences and then hung up.

We checked out much earlier than planned later in the day. We had initially planned and payed to spend the night and leave the following morning... but based on the woman's behavior, had determined that either 1) something was wrong with the room or 2) something was wrong with the staff. If there was a legitimate reason for wanting us to switch rooms, she should have been forthcoming with that information... or else left us alone to sleep! Her behavior was erratic and unprofessional, and judging from the other reviews, not uncommon for this hotel. Stay away.... really, really creepy place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natasha W

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Reviewed 22 August 2011

After the mold smell when we walked in I knew we weren't staying but then we checked it out farther & the bed was not clean the air had spiders under it, cig burns on tub, tv didn't work well, walls of course dirty as others have said.. So we leave the room 10 mins after checking in to no refund & complete stupidity from the front desk acting like they have no clue & since we peed in what looked like a pot hole he couldn't have a 70 $ refund! We left & went to the Hilton!

• Stayed August 2011
florida
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I have NEVER seen anything like this hotel in my life. The walls were dirty. The sheets were dirty. The BATHROOM was the worst and this was the suite . You are better off sleeping in your car. I have worked in the hotel industry and I vacation alot . I have never seen a hotel like this. THEY NEED TO CLOSE THIS PLACE DOWN.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank stefhanie
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I have stayed here before and even gave it a good review in the past. Not this time. The room was decent, although the mirrors hadn't been cleaned. But the big problem was that twice I had to ask groups hanging out in the parking lot to keep the noise down. Each time, they left after I spoke with them, making it clear that they were not actually staying at the motel. There were beer cans in the lot in the morning. Security is very important to me and I won't be staying here again until management commits to securing the parking lot.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Anonymous621
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2011

All billboards and even the advertisement at the entrance to the hotel say $42.99 per night. But the front desk will tell you that is only if you stay a three night minimum and then charge you over $70 per night. The bed was horrible. Pillows, even worse. Bathroom tile floor all cracked up. Breakfast is included... coffee is absolute tar! Milk for cereal was warm, bananas were all bruised up. Bagels were starting to show signs of mold. If I wasn't so tired driving I would have just slept in my car, at least I know the cleanliness of that!

Awful, awful, awful!