“OK for a SHORT stay”

Florence Inns & Suites
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel the third week of Feb. 2014. The hotel itself was ok, clean, but very dated and worn. Beth Howel was the manager and she was very helpful and informative,
it is ok for a night, but not for a long stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Rodney H, Front Office Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. Although our property is fairly old we are working hard to keep it updated and maintained properly. I am happy to hear that Beth was very helpful and I will be sure to let her know you were pleased with her. Again, Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Beth was so welcoming and such a wonderful representative of your Inn. She could not have been more helpful and friendly. My husband and I found your Inn so clean, bright and attractive. We will definitely stay at your facility again on our trips to and from Florida.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary Ellen B
Rodney H, Front Office Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us such a kind review. We strive to make every guest feel welcomed and I am pleased to hear that Beth did such a fine job making you feel welcomed. We look forward to your next visit. See you soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel is acceptable for an overnight stop but I would probably choose other lodgings. Reception was very friendly, but pricing seemed to vary widely from that advertised on the highway and that offered in RoomSavers coupons. The rooms were very clean and had comfortable bedding and new flat screen TV's but some attempts at upgrading seemed amateurish. Enameled spray coating of shower stall was cracked and peeling, and sink was attached to wall with shelf brackets instead of proper mounting. Continental breakfast was typical. Dining options were few, and required a 3 mile drive toward town to find decent restaurants. Reception desk was helpful in suggesting restaurants and offering directions.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am truly sorry you didn't find everything to your liking and we will work hard to address the issues you mentioned. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

There seemed to be some confusion in the other reviews with which place people were reviewing. This is for Florence Inn & Suites off of palmetto st and bancroft rd, right off I-95. It is the only hotel right there and it's next to abbott's fruit place. To start off....the room was your typical king room with a fridge, microwave, tv, couch etc. it needed updating badly and I was scared to walk on the carpet barefoot, although I have seen worse. There was hair all over the bathroom floor and a piece of paper/trash next to a table, probably from the previous tenant. The front staff seemed pleasant enough. It is located right off the interstate so good luck if you're a light sleeper and your room is on the backside nearest the interstate. The walls of this place are paper thin and you can hear EVERYTHING. People were apparently having a party out on the sidewalk outside the rooms and it sounded like they were in the room with us. I finally called the front desk at 1am to which they handled it promptly but the quiet only lasted for about 15mins. You can hear the people in the room on the other side of you thru the vent in the bathroom....I mean clear as a bell, everything they talk about....we had to keep the door closed to it. When daytime finally got here and all the loudmouths rolled out, I thought we'd finally get some nice rest but the cleaning lady was cleaning in the room next to us and apparently the ppl had set the alarm clock to go off and instead of her stopping cleaning and turning it off....she chose to yell "what the fudge" (only not that nicely) really loudly instead and just keep cleaning and let it buzz....I finally stepped out the door to ask her if she would cutt it off please, to which I received the loveliest "go to hockysticks" look, as she stepped away from the counter she was wiping, to turn it off. So, if you just need a halfway decent, seemingly safe place to stay for a night then this place will suffice but it's pure misery if you have to stay 3+ days like we did....

Room Tip: get a room on the front side if you can. maybe the interstate traffic won't be so loud and maybe...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amy R
Rodney H, Front Office Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. I would personally like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. If you could please contact us and let us know the date you stayed and the room number you stayed in so we may investigate as to what happened and discipline the employee that used the foul language. We would like to offer you a discount on a future stay with us if you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Heading home from Florida to the northeast we found ourselves looking for a place to stay in or around Florence as we were done driving for the day. All hotels were booked due to the ice storm and individual homes being out of power. We almost lost hope when we found this hotel on trip advisor. We called and they were totally booked except for one cancel that just happened because the guests didn't need the room since they got their power back. To our surprise this was a darling old building, totally and newly refurbished into a wonderful cozy inn. Attached restaurant was delightful. It was jazz night so we got to listen to some good music while we ate. We would definitely recommend. Only drawback was the volume of the jazz musicians. Great music just a bit loud.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for giving us such a good review although I am a little confused. You mentioned an attached restaurant to our hotel and we don't have a restaurant on site. If you are confusing us with another hotel we would like to welcome you to give us a try. I am positive you will enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed in room 107 on January 16, 2014. I thought it was totally great. I was traveling alone but ended up with a king size bed. Great shower, very clean, cold night with a very good heater. The only thing I found that didn't work were the reading lights on the head board. I came to relax and sleep, not to read. I was very afraid to stop anywhere but was very delighted with what I ended up with. Just a couple doors down from the front desk, I felt very secure as well.
I did have a minor problem with the wifi connecting. I called the front desk and the very nice lady that rented me the room said she would reboot the router. In 5 minutes it worked perfectly.
Finished off my stay with the continental breakfast. Very good as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Rodney H, Front Office Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a kind review. We strive to make each and every guest feel at home and we are happy that you were satisfied with your stay. As for the reading lights, we are still doing some renovations on our rooms and we are putting in new headboards. Therefore, all of the reading lights have been disconnected. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We were traveling for hours from Florida and we were very tired and we saw this hotel off the road and decided to try it. Hotel lobby agent was nice and friendly hotel in the outside looked nice but the room horrible. We wanted a smoking room we got it alright room is way out to date and furniture. Dust ohhh my everywhere especially behind the bed stopper on sink broken, bathroom was nasty and walls, burnt cigarette burns everywhere on the comforter mold it was gross I would never stay here again it was the worst hotel lobby and employees are great rooms really need to be updated and deep cleaned bad.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rodney H, Front Office Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I am truly sorry you had a bad experience during your stay with us and I can assure you that steps are being taken to correct the issues you have mentioned.
This is not the way we like to present our Hotel to our guests and I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again.