“Stayed twice recently - happy with both stays”

Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Weirsdale, Florida
“Stayed twice recently - happy with both stays”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed here on our way from Florida to Maryland and on our way back. We requested a 2 bed ground floor pet room and that is what we received each time. Room 127 at the back of the hotel on the mall side, but the lights for the mall or noise from the mall were not a problem. The room was clean each stay. Fridge and microwave in room and both worked, though the microwave is small and when a bag of popcorn spread out , it stopped rotating while the turntable kept going. Had to watch closely to not burn the popcorn. Still, not a major issue. Beds were comfortable, 4 pillows on each bed. The breakfast did have sausage gravy and biscuits, waffles, but not much else to get excited about. Hotel staff were courteous and friendly. Decor a little dated, but not bad. Nice flat-screen TV in room. More expensive than others in area, but we would stay again.

Room Tip: Rear of the hotel worked well for us.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank retiredjld-fl
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel on two different occasions on your trips to and from th south.
We are so glad that you were pleased with with our hotel and its services. Please plan to visit aagain soon. we appreciate your business.
Gloria M. Brown
Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 November 2012

It was a Sun. morning, and when I went to my car the valve stem of my tire blew out. Carey from the front desk went way above her call of duty. AAA came and put on my spare, but Carey called around to find me a place to take the car. She called 4 places and only Firestone answered and they were expecting me when I arrived. Carey also brought me some plastic bags to put on my seat so I could put the tire in my car. My trunk was full of travel stuff. I can't thank Carey enough. I am a woman in her 70s traveling alone. This is a Quality INN I always stay at on my way to and from Florida, and I AM GLAD I STAY AT THIS QUALITY, they are always friendly and hospitable.

Room Tip: If you have pet allergies, ask for a non pet room. Also if a 2 story building, ask for a 1st floor i...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My experience was very good! The hotel staff was very informed and helpful. They even offered to get me some breakfast when I arrived after breakfast hours!

The room was very clean, which to me is the most important thing in a hotel.

I thought that the decor was a little dated, but aside from that the room was very nice. The cable service is top notch.

The only problem I had was that I thought the $20 pet fee was a little steep. $10 would be a better fee for that, or a refundable fee after my well behaved pup didn't poop on the floor.

Pet fee included, my wife and I paid just over $100 for the night. The room is probably worth about $80.00. I wish they would be more reasonable with the pet fee, but aside from that, I enjoyed my stay and would use this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Evdog5
ny
Reviewed 24 August 2012

First off at arrival we were approached by 4 men in a black car trying to jump our family and ask for money when we pulled up. Then when we told the staff inside they said "Oh not in this area that doesnt happen"... My son whom is 11 years old and has a kidney disease was eating breakfast with the rest of our family and someone STOLE his ipod touch right off the table! DISGRACE and NO ONE cared in that place at all. WILL NOT RECOMMEND HORRIBLE AREA AND NOT NICE STAFF AT ALL! They did not seem to care one bit we had 3 children with us and these low lives that pulled up put us at risk and no one seemed to do anything.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank annonymous2012
Georgiatraveler31, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Dear Annonymous2012:

We sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered upon your arrival. We are in a well lit and populated area and safety is always of the utmost concern. As we are located in front of the mall, it is possible someone could have walked over from the mall or from one of the other businesses adjacent. We did report your comments to the police so they could be on the alert for any possible people in the area.

We were aware that your son's ipod was stolen from the table and certainly are bothered that someone would do that. We do our very best to eliminate this from ever happening but all it takes is a split second for a small item to disappear.

We do care what each and every one of our guests think and all guests are valued. We take all comments with great concern and strive to make every experience a better experience for our guests.

Please contact me if you have any questions and we have and will do have we can to insure these actions do not repeat themselves.

Please accepy my apologies and feel free to contact me with any futher comments.

Thank you.

Sincerely;

Anil Patel
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Have stayed here multiple times! So convenient off I 95, wonderful location with a mall a short walk away and a great Outback steakhouse also a few minutes walk. Staff very friendly, rooms very pleasant and well equipped, very nice breakfast, lots of grass for pets to walk on. I always enjoyed my stays! April 2012 was my most recent stay, am booking another for this September!

• Stayed April 2012
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed here because we needed a pet friendly hotel on our way back from Florida. The room had a very strong cleaner scent that was overwhelming at first. The room was big with a table, but I just couldn't get over the feeling of being in a room that was just on an episode of The Closer. The breakfast was fine. Overall, this did the trick but I don't think we'll be going back.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

Tall Balding Man was unbelievably rude to me and my family. Apparently I committed some grave offense by asking for a copy of my receipt. The level of rudeness was mind-boggling.

The motel itself was a complete dump. No effort has been put in to make it even remotely habitable.

• Stayed August 2012