“one of the worst!”

Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center
Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Hotel lobby smelled, the room smelled, the breakfast was awful, the room was awful. At 1 AM, a group of rowdy young people checked in directly above us, waking us and our dog. I had to walk the dog at 1 AM and didn't feel safe! the tub was dirty so I kept my flip flops on to take a shower. I couldn't believe they charged $85 for the room + the pet fee.

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

I am so sorry that you were not pleased with our hotel, your comments certainly don't sound like the Quality Inn Civic Center since we seldom have comments about smells and unclean rooms.
We will address these issues to insure other guest don't experience the same things.
Always let our front desk employees know of noise problems so we can correct these situations immediately.
Again, I am sorry that your stay was not as expected, it is out goal to make sure everyone of our guest have a comfortable stay.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

We traveled down to Florida and was on our way back when we stayed at this hotel. It was nice and the staff was friendly. The room was a little dated but it was clean and comfortable. There were numerous restaurants close by actually within walking distance. That was great since none of us wanted to get back into the car. We travel with two small dogs and they were welcomed. I was happy about that. The morning coffee and breakfast was good however limited. I was very pleased to see that the refigerator was in good working order since I do travel with insulin for one of the dogs. I would stay there again, and would recommend it to anyone finding themselves on the road and in need of a quiet and comfortable place to stay for the night.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Civic Center for your overnight stay in Florence SC. We hope you will make us a regular stop when you travel in our area. We also appreciate you taking time to write the review, it gives us a good measure of how we are pleasing our guest.
Thank you again for the review, we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Check in was easy. Accomodations very clean and comfortable. The room was right on the same side as the interstate so it was a bit noisy...that noise was drowned out a lot by the heater. The shower and bathroom was small, but again, clean.

The breakfast area really needs an update. There isn't enough room to accomodate the guests. The tables are packed in so tight you can't get in and out. Not a very comfortable place to eat.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Thank you for your review, we are so glad you chose our hotel for your recent stay in Florence.
Next time, we can possibly put you in a different room so the highway noise wil not be heard.
We appreciate the review to let us know of any concerns and so the employees can know of your experience.
Please plan to visit again soon. your business is important to us.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed here on our way from Florida to Maryland and on our way back. We requested a 2 bed ground floor pet room and that is what we received each time. Room 127 at the back of the hotel on the mall side, but the lights for the mall or noise from the mall were not a problem. The room was clean each stay. Fridge and microwave in room and both worked, though the microwave is small and when a bag of popcorn spread out , it stopped rotating while the turntable kept going. Had to watch closely to not burn the popcorn. Still, not a major issue. Beds were comfortable, 4 pillows on each bed. The breakfast did have sausage gravy and biscuits, waffles, but not much else to get excited about. Hotel staff were courteous and friendly. Decor a little dated, but not bad. Nice flat-screen TV in room. More expensive than others in area, but we would stay again.

Room Tip: Rear of the hotel worked well for us.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank retiredjld-fl

Thank you for choosing our hotel on two different occasions on your trips to and from th south.
We are so glad that you were pleased with with our hotel and its services. Please plan to visit aagain soon. we appreciate your business.
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 1 November 2012

It was a Sun. morning, and when I went to my car the valve stem of my tire blew out. Carey from the front desk went way above her call of duty. AAA came and put on my spare, but Carey called around to find me a place to take the car. She called 4 places and only Firestone answered and they were expecting me when I arrived. Carey also brought me some plastic bags to put on my seat so I could put the tire in my car. My trunk was full of travel stuff. I can't thank Carey enough. I am a woman in her 70s traveling alone. This is a Quality INN I always stay at on my way to and from Florida, and I AM GLAD I STAY AT THIS QUALITY, they are always friendly and hospitable.

Room Tip: If you have pet allergies, ask for a non pet room. Also if a 2 story building, ask for a 1st floor i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My experience was very good! The hotel staff was very informed and helpful. They even offered to get me some breakfast when I arrived after breakfast hours!

The room was very clean, which to me is the most important thing in a hotel.

I thought that the decor was a little dated, but aside from that the room was very nice. The cable service is top notch.

The only problem I had was that I thought the $20 pet fee was a little steep. $10 would be a better fee for that, or a refundable fee after my well behaved pup didn't poop on the floor.

Pet fee included, my wife and I paid just over $100 for the night. The room is probably worth about $80.00. I wish they would be more reasonable with the pet fee, but aside from that, I enjoyed my stay and would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Evdog5
Reviewed 24 August 2012

First off at arrival we were approached by 4 men in a black car trying to jump our family and ask for money when we pulled up. Then when we told the staff inside they said "Oh not in this area that doesnt happen"... My son whom is 11 years old and has a kidney disease was eating breakfast with the rest of our family and someone STOLE his ipod touch right off the table! DISGRACE and NO ONE cared in that place at all. WILL NOT RECOMMEND HORRIBLE AREA AND NOT NICE STAFF AT ALL! They did not seem to care one bit we had 3 children with us and these low lives that pulled up put us at risk and no one seemed to do anything.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank annonymous2012
Georgiatraveler31, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear Annonymous2012:

We sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered upon your arrival. We are in a well lit and populated area and safety is always of the utmost concern. As we are located in front of the mall, it is possible someone could have walked over from the mall or from one of the other businesses adjacent. We did report your comments to the police so they could be on the alert for any possible people in the area.

We were aware that your son's ipod was stolen from the table and certainly are bothered that someone would do that. We do our very best to eliminate this from ever happening but all it takes is a split second for a small item to disappear.

We do care what each and every one of our guests think and all guests are valued. We take all comments with great concern and strive to make every experience a better experience for our guests.

Please contact me if you have any questions and we have and will do have we can to insure these actions do not repeat themselves.

Please accepy my apologies and feel free to contact me with any futher comments.

Thank you.