“Very nice surprise”

Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Very nice surprise”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were traveling to the Outer Banks and stopped here for a night. What a nice surprise! The front desk staff could not have been friendlier. The location was close enough to walk to some of the nicer restaurants and malls. The room was extremely clean. Beds were very comfortable! The pool was nice. The breakfast bar was very good and had lots of choices. The lobby area is very nice. It had all the amenities you could ever need. We will definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
We are so pleased that you were surprised with our services, to exceed the guest expectation is our goal. Thank you for your review, we appreciate your business and look forward to having you visit again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Shippenville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The room was dated and there is no elevator for the second floor. The worst part was that our room was in the front of the hotel, so the bright lights that illuminated the front of the hotel, illuminated our room. The blinds did not keep out the light. I would suggest adding better blinds to those rooms. Otherwise, the room was clean and the staff friendly. The breakfast was the usual continental fare, but it was the best thing about the stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room toward the rear of the property.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for your review, we are glad that you found the room clean and comfortable and enjoyed the breakfast. Our blackout drapes should have blocked the light, we will check this room to make sure the drapes are as needed.
We appreciate your business, please visit again when you are in our area.
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I have three cats so its hard to find a decent hotel that doesn't charge an arm and a leg. We had a nice stay it was a little loud but its a busy hotel that was expected. Very nice and worth the money. I would stay here again. If your expecting to feel like you are being pampered this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your review, I am so glad that we could accommodate your pets and that you found our hotel a good value for money spent. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will visit again when you are in the Florence area.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Beautiful clean hotel. Nice landscaping, nice well kept rooms.

My room had 2 beds, microwave, frig and coffee maker.

Generous breakfast included: yogurt, toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, waffles, fruit. coffee, tea etc. dry cereal.

Close to mall, dining and interstate.

Will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed the convenience and accommodations of your most recent visit with us. Your satisfaction is our top priority and your feedback is more than welcome as an encouraging reinforcement to the policies that we've implemented to improve upon each guests experience. Thank you for sharing and we hope to see you again soon!
Arnold, Maryland
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I chose this hotel because of reviewer comments that stated it was quiet and clean, my two biggest concerns. While not at all fancy, it clearly was clean, and my request that the room be aired out and cleared of any perfumed cleaners was heeded. That's where the positives ended. This hotel is at the juncture of 2 major highways, thus it is loud. I was assigned a room at the front of the hotel, so it was even louder (FYI, driving out I noticed the neither Red Roof nor Fairfield Inn have rooms facing the road, and the Hilton Garden is farther back from the road). There is no soundproofing at all in the rooms. I heard conversations, yelling, dogs barking (this is a pet friendly hotel), doors opening and shutting constantly, and my neighbor snoring loudly. Being exhausted already from 10 hours on the road, I asked to be moved, but was told that only 1 smoking room was available. Finally, at 2am my neighbor stopped snoring, and I was left with only road noise until the checkouts began at 330. Adding insult to injury, housekeeping began pounding on doors and yelling at 9am. Bottom line is, if you need to sleep don't stay at Quality Inn in Florence. Had I wanted to face the rest of my trip exhausted and dangerous on the road, I could have driven thru the night and saved $100.

Room Tip: Florence is a good stop along I95 corridor with plenty of amenities, easy access, and a safe feel. L...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Georgia P
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures. I sincerely apologize for the very unfortunate inconvenience and disturbance that you experienced at our Hotel. We take your comments to heart and that we are continuously seeking out ways to improve upon the guest experience. We will certainly be investigating ways that we can minimize such disturbance for future guests.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I made the reservation online for four nights and they only had me registered for one night so my keys didn't work on the second night. I informed them that I would be staying till Friday but had the same issue two other times.

The room was better than I anticipated though. It was very clean and well-stocked.

The location was great in that it was close to everything I needed. Restaurants, shopping, etc. The traffic was minimal as well.

The only real issue that I had was that this was an outside door hotel and many of the other guests were not considerate.

Other than these minor issues, I was pleased with the hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry about the door lock problem, it has been repaired by maintenance. Your comments are very important since it lets us know of these issues.
We appreciate your business and look forward to having you visit again soon.
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Easy access off I-95, good restaurants which are in walking distance from hotel, clean room with refrigerator and microwave. Comfortable bed and friendly staff. Worth while value and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter and get coupons at rest area.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Your comments are so important to us so that we know of your experience at our hotel. I am so glad that your found our facility to be clean, comfortable, convenient and reasonably priced.
We hope you will make us your home when you are in the Florence area.