Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed here overnight on a trip to Myrtle Beach.We had originally planned to stay in Spartanburg but they were all booked up so we drove on to Florence before finding this room.We did call ahead and reserve and was a good thing because we got the last double room .......Thank you for a good nights rest and very clean and safe place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on 4th floor.Can't say what would have made it any better.We were well satisfied.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback! On behalf of the team, we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay, and we look forward to hosting your next stay with us real soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,035)

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stay at this Hampton Inn in Florence every time we drive down to Florida from New Jersey. It is clean, comfortable and safe. The location off I-95 is perfect for travelling. The staff is super friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank peterv1313

Thank you for your gracious feedback and comments. We are so pleased you found our team so friendly, comforting, and eager to serve in all aspects of your stay. We pride ourselves with “southern hospitality” and try to make a point of touching each guest with a fond and memorable experience. We look forward to hosting your hospitality needs in the future.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have stayed in this Hampton Inn now on three(3) separate occasions while visiting family. Absolutely the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was exactly what I asked for each time. The facility staff is courteous and very helpful. Each day housekeeping cleaned up my room and layed out new towels. The room was just as clean as check in day which I had not expected.

I will only use this hotel on my future trips to Florence. I went with this hotel because it is cheaper than the Hilton Garden Inn beside it. I previously stayed in that Hilton and it wasn't as nice as this Hampton.

Also it is centrally located across the street from a very nice mall and lots of fine eating establishments(go get the brisket sub at firehouse subs).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. As much as we would like to take credit for this review, I do believe you stayed with our sister property (Hampton Inn & Suites-Civic Center); however, we are pleased to hear that you were provided with exceptional service.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here during a business trip. The hotel was very clean. The rooms are large, the beds and pillows are comfortable and the bathroom was large with plenty of towels. Other travelers mentioned a train passing by early in the morning but I did not hear it. I would highly recommend this Hampton Inn! There are alot of hotels in this area, but I would stay here again!!!!
As far as restaurants, there are many nearby, but I would highly recommend Victors in downtown Florence. It is so worth the short drive!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LizzieNC
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the room size and its amenities to your liking. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to the Florence area.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I had read previous reviews, and a couple spoke about being awaken by a passing train. Sure enough, right on cue, I was awaken by a passing train about 4 am. I literally started laughing out loud when the train conductor started blowing his train whistle. Passive aggressive maybe, he could not bear the thought of two hotels right next to the track filled with sleeping customers. Just like the movie "My Cousin Vinny". Ignoring all this I would still recommend this hotel, the staff was friendly and the place is very very clean. Bring your ear plugs LOL

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank James J
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for the great review! I always enjoy receiving guest feedback, and it's comments like yours that are rewarding for both the staff and myself. Everyone on the team appreciates the pat on the back and we hope you will spread the word about our hotel. We do apologize for the inconvenience with the train coming through so early in the morning, but, also glad you will return to our property in the near future. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Florence, SC!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

6 p.m. check-in. First room: Saturated in cigarette smoke. In a totally NS building. Like the last guest smoked a pack right before checking out just for grins. I called the front desk immediately, & the (new, young) employee that checked me in apologetically told me that the hotel was sold out & they'd send an ozone cleaner up while we were out to dinner.

Not totally convinced that this would work, we went downstairs, and I asked if we could possibly switch with someone who hadn't checked in yet, given that: 1) There's no way housekeeping could have missed the smell & should've addressed it w/ mgmt earlier, 2) Maintenance guy was taking his sweet time coming to the front dest to answer my questions despite her radioed request, and 3) We're asthmatic and didn't need to court trouble.

This employee - in spite of the negativity of her 'older, more experienced' coworkers, switched out our room and then demanded her coworkers arrange to have the smokey room cleaned right away. You should have seen their eyes bug out when she firmly insisted that the bedding also be changed (housekeeping was gone for the day so they'd have to do it themselves) due to the smoke saturation. Boy, did she pull through for the good of the hotel! Fast-track her to management, please.

Second room: Golden. No problems. Clean, well stocked. Good night's rest except for trains passing through.

Typical free breakfast - oatmeal in a crockpot was a nice touch, enjoyed the array of toppings offered.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

We thank you for your recent review… comments such as yours are invaluable in helping us to recognize areas that need attention. While we always prefer to read about good experiences, there is an exception from time to time. We apologize for the smoke smell in the room & even though this is a 100% smoke free facility, we realize that some guests still smoke in our rooms. This is not the type of service and experience we strive to provide our guests. This does not account for the disappointing level of Maintenance service described in your review, however,by making us aware of your experience, you have helped us to help our staff improve. We are happy to hear that Katie in particular provided extraordinary service. She is truly a superstar, and I have shared your comments with her.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Florence South Carolina is halfway from New York area to Southern Florida so its a good place to stop if you use two days for your car trip. There are plenty of hotels at the exit from I-95, but I cannot imagine any of them being as good as the Hampton Inn. Rooms are large and have a 40 inch flat TV set. Bathroom is clean and modern. Service at the front desk is friendly and efficient. The Hampton breakfast is a self service buffet and more than adequate, including two waffle machines. There is nothing not to like about this hotel. Highly recommended. Only problem with this stop was the lack of good restaurants. We ate at the Ruby Tuesday and were disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoelNili
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013