Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95
Hampton.com
US$133
TripAdvisor
1,048 results
All reviewscookiescomplimentary breakfastroom was cleanking suitestopping pointindoor poolbreakfast staffeasy accessgreat stoplong drivethe breakfast areastaff was friendlynext morningexcellent staywould stay here againhalf waychecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The lobby of the hotel is very nice, although a bit different than other Hamptons I've stayed at. Check-in was easy, but our room smelled horrible (though it was clean). I went downstairs and talked to the person at the front desk who told me that it was the Febreze that is used by the housekeeping staff, and noted that some of the staff is 'heavy handed' with the Febreze - it smelled as if they used a whole can in the room. He noted that there was an ozone machine that they could use to remove the smell, but it would require us being out of the room for several hours, which wasn't possible for us since it was late and our kids needed to get to sleep. Also, it was a busy night (December 30th) and there were no other rooms available to switch to, but he also noted that he could move us to 10 different rooms and we might still have the same problem. This points to a systemic problem within the hotel as I have never experienced this at any other Hampton (and I stayed in 10 Hamptons last year). My wife got a headache from the smells, and we ended up leaving most of our belongings in the car (including our jackets) so they would not smell the next day. We left the AC fan on all night, and the smell was still strong the next morning. The supplied toiletries (shampoo, etc) were not the standard ones normally at Hamptons - they were by Neutrogena. This was neither good or bad, just noted that it was different from the standard. Also, I am normally asked how my stay was when I checked out of the hotel, but that did not happen this trip. Although the hotel was nice in appearance and general cleanliness, we will not be returning to this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

We appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites-North for your stay in Florence. We are saddened that you are not completely satisfied with your accommodations. Most of our guests enjoy all of the extras that Hampton Inn & Suites has to offer; however, we do apologize for not meeting your expectations and the smell of the air freshener that all Hampton's use. We realize that this smell might affect some and not bother others, but, we want all of our guests to leave happy. The Neutrogena products in your room is the new requirement for all Hampton's and again, we apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will return to the Hampton Inn & Suites-North and allow us to change your impression. We strive to make every guest experience a memorable one.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The Hampton Inn Florence is conveniently located right off I-95, across from a good chain restaurant (Fatz) and a Pilot gas station/truck stop. The facilities are well maintained, the free breakfast is great, and the check-in/checkout process is a breeze.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Dragonminder

Thank you so much for your feedback! On behalf of the team, we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay, and we look forward to hosting your next stay with us real soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed here on our way to Florida and were very pleased with the property and the staff. On arrival, I noticed there was a rail line paralleling the highway about fifty yards from the front of the hotel. My wife wondered if the passing trains would disturb our sleep; but I said the line was probably not in use because, I reasoned, would Hampton build a beautiful hotel that close to a rail line that would have trains running past? I guess Hampton isn't as smart as I thought, because during our night's stay, two freight trains, each with 50 to 80 cars, passed by merrily blowing whistles. One woke us at 11PM and the second roused us at 3AM.
The rooms were spacious and clean, the staff were pleasant and helpful, and the free breakfast was worth all we paid for it. Fatz restaurant across the road had good food at reasonable prices, but if you go there on a Sunday, don't expect to order alcoholic beverages--for that, you'll have to cross the county line and dine in Florence City a few miles down I95.

Room Tip: Unless you really like hearing train whistles in the middle of the night, ask for a room at the back of the building.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for recent review regarding your recent stay. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. Our goal is to provide superior service, accommodations, and your comments are very important to us. We do apologize for the disturbance of the train and we appreciate your recognition of our staff and I have been sure they are aware of your comments as well.Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Traveling home from FL, we were grateful to call and get the last room available. We ended up with a suite, which was very nice. Of course the cost was more than we had intended, but we were grateful to get a room on such a busy night. The room was clean, although it did have sort of a musty smell when we walked in. The room had a VERY comfortable king size bed, and our children were comfortable on the pull-out couch. We were pleased with all the amenities. Two small things that may not be an issue for anyone else, but the drapes (we were on the parking lot and street side of the building) did not have a liner behind them to gently block the light. If the drapes were opened even a crack, it was very bright. Also, the bathroom door would not stay cracked. With two young children, we like to have a small light coming from the bathroom. So it was either all the way open and very bright or closed and dark. In spite of those minor things, we had a very restful night's sleep. The breakfast was wonderful. Lots of choices and items were replenished quickly. Overall, it was a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

We thank you for your recent review… comments such as yours are invaluable in helping us to recognize areas that need attention. While we always prefer to read about good experiences, there is an exception from time to time. We strive for excellence on a daily basis and want all of our guests to have the best stay possible & by making us aware of your experience, you have helped us to help our staff improve.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

My kudos go out to the staff at the Florence, South Carolina Hampton Inn & Suites just off I-95. My husband and I stayed there on our trip south to Florida. We noted that the fragrance that is sprayed after cleaning was very strong in our room. I have sensitivities to smells so we asked for help. We were shown two other rooms - treated very professionally and kindly - and were helped to more out things into the least fragrant of the rooms.

We did find out that if you have issues with the fragrance they can put in an ionizer but you cannot be in the room when it is being used. So asked for it on check in.

Room Tip: If the fragrance used after cleaning the rooms bothers you alert the staff on checkin.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites-North for your recent trip to the area. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in Florence. We appreciate your recognition of our staff and I have been sure they are aware of your comments as well. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again in the future, please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance.