“Great Place to Get Stranded”

Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Toms River, New Jersey
“Great Place to Get Stranded”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I was recently traveling south from New Jersey to Florida and got caught in the ice/snow storm that hit the south. I was forced to spend two nights at the Hampton Inn off I-95. It was the best place ever to be stranded. The accommodations were excellent. The bed was comfortable, the room clean and breakfast was served each morning.

The morning I left there was a sheet of ice on my car. The hotel's manager and employees helped me remove the ice. I was very grateful for their friendliness and thoughtfulness. I would definitely go back there again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bselikoff
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites-North. My team & I want to thank you for choosing our hotel while your plans brought you to Florence, SC. But mostly I want to thank you for giving us a 5 Star rating. We always strive for this perfect score and when we receive one it is a cause for celebration for us because we know we have met all of your expectations. Thanks once again & I will pass your nice comments on to my team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I travel the I95 corridor a lot between the Northeast and FL. Convenient, food options in the area. This Hampton In was an excellent stop. My reservation was waiting, got the high floor I requested, very nice clean room, comfortable night, excellent breakfast in a very modern looking lobby area. Price was somewhat higher than normal as the hotel was nearly full due to a convention of some sort in the area. But the Hampton Inn chain is one of my favorites and this one didn't disappoint me. Friendly staff, they were even handing out ice scrappers in the morning to deal with the ice storm. This Hampton Inn has been saved in my GPS for future stays.
I'll be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob L
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the amenities our hotel has to offer. We hope to be able to serve your future lodging needs when you are in the Florence, SC area again.
Marlton, NJ
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This was my 2nd time staying at this hotel conveniently located off I-95. Will definitely stay again on my way to Florida in t he future. Friendly employees, comfortable indoor pool and hot tub, excellent full breakfast with waffles, and very comfortable beds/pillows. If you are looking for a hotel to stay along I-95, choose this place. And yes, they provide complimentary coffee in the lobby and fresh baked cookies after 5pm!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
It is wonderful to receive such a glowing review! We appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Thank you for recognizing our staff, our standard of breakfast and the cleanliness of our rooms.
We look forward to hearing from all of our guests who take time to review our hotel, but it is especially nice when we exceed the guest expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to having you return next time you are in the Florence area.
Palm City, United States
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Overall, a great experience. Beautiful lobby, clean and quiet rooms, great pool/hot tub, and free WiFi. The breakfast also had many options and there was complimentary coffee and cookies in the evening. Staff was professsional and friendly. Great location for travelers near restaurants, gas stations, and I-95.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to give our hotel and staff a positive review! We are so glad your experience was comfortable and thank you so much for the recommendation! I am pleased you enjoyed the comfy room and glad our staff could give you amazing service. Thanks again for your kind words! It means a lot to us and we would love to see you on your next trip to Florence, SC!
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stay in Hamptons a lot for work and this is a nice, clean hampton. Staff was wonderful and they upgaded me. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast as always is great. You can tell that a lot of people stay here for a stop over off 95.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the interstate
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Caroline G
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
I just wanted to take a brief moment to thank you for your most recent review. All of us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites-North, take great pride in our southern hospitality and unique charm of our hotel and especially ensuring that all of our guests leave here 100% satisfied each and every time. We look forward to your next trip to Florence, SC and if we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Barryville
Reviewed 6 February 2014

After a lengthy tiresome drive from NY to Florence SC. It was a pleasure to be warmly greeted by the staff and an extremely comfortable king bed. Not only are the accommodations excellent, the plus side gas and restaurants are nearby. and so to sleep sweet dreams

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My first stay at this property, but as usual, Hampton Inn doesn't disappoint. The room was neat and clean, the staff at the front desk was welcoming and friendly, and the room was nice and warm (there was ice and snow outside). And they had *very* tasty french toast sticks for breakfast. Would definitely recommend this Hampton.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
I know that location, convenience and customer service is key, and I am happy you were able to find everything you needed. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and the service that our staff provided. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are happy you have chosen our location.