“Hampton Inn, Florence, SC”

Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Norwood, United States
“Hampton Inn, Florence, SC”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Unfriendly desk staff who was not informative about amenities followed by toilet problems that could not be resolved. The room was very small and tight. The maintenance man could not resolve the toilet problem and we were not offered another room. The dining room in the morning was packed with people and we had to wait for some of the items we wanted. I would not recommend this venue. On the other hand, the Hampton Inn in Fredricksburg, VA was the polar opposite. Wonderful desk staff, excellent breakfast and clean and enjoyable room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review regarding your recent stay. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. Our goal is to provide superior service, accommodations, and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We have huddled up with our staff to prevent these types of issues from happening again. We appreciate the feedback we received and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you again for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Fenwick Island, Delaware
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was a very nice hotel. The night we stayed was Easter Eve and the hotel was VERY booked. Luckily, I had reserved a room a few days prior to our arrival. We have no complaints about our stay, the room was very attractive, and most importantly, the bed was very comfortable. I had sworn off staying in a Hilton affiliate hotel a few years ago, but I am glad we were able to get a room so nice for an affordable price in this location. May stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your feedback! On behalf of the team, we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay, and we look forward to hosting your next stay with us real soon.
everywhere
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've stayed in a few Hampton Inns in the past and really didn't want to stay at this one. Since we were on a road trip, this appealed to us due to location and price. I went in with a bit of hesitation, but once we checked in, I was really pleased.
The front desk staff knows how to make you feel welcome. From the moment we walked in the door to the moment we left, we were treated like old friends.
The room was clean and comfortable. The only tiny complaint is that they use a floral scented air freshener or cleaner in the rooms. It was a little sweet for my taste, but it is a small inconvenience for what we received in return.
The breakfast was amazing and the common areas are nice.
If you're going through Florence, this is the place to rest your head.
A few hours after we checked-out, we got a phone call from the hotel. We accidentally left our tab and the front desk called us to inform us that they were shipping it to our house.
Wow!!! This is serious customer service.
Thank you Hampton Inn & Suites Florence. Keep up the great work! You deserve all the recognition and praise for your hard work and hospitality.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites-North for your recent trip to the area. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in Florence. We appreciate your recognition of our staff and I have been sure they are aware of your comments as well. I certainly apologize for the unfavorable sweet spray used in your room and we work on ways to improve in this area. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again in the future, please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Hampton Inn in Florence is located just off Interstate 95 and is easy to find. It is located just about halfway between southern Florida and the Philadelphia area making it a perfect stop for a single night trip. It was a bit expensive at $133. The reception staff was courteous and the room was neat and clean. Breakfast is available beginning at 6 AM and it was one of the better Hampton Inn breakfasts. The eggs were real and that was a nice variety of cereals, muffins and the like. The coffee was good too. My only complaint was that the reception staff member on duty in the morning had a bit of an attitude. She could barely acknowledge me when I returned my keys.

All in all, this is a good hotel in a good location with a nice variety of local restaurants nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate that our guests take the time to share this feedback with us. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us and found your room to be "comfortable and clean". We do apologize for the behavior of the morning clerk and this will be handled accordingly. Again, thank you for your review. We hope to serve you again.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Was traveling back from Florida and decided to stay at the Hampton in Florence. Great Staff, clean rooms and well manicured property. Will be traveling in August and cant wait to make my next reservation.

Room Tip: No real quality restaurants in area. Train comes through in the morning so I would suggest getting a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
We thank you for your recent review and recognition of our property and staff. We strive to ensure each and every guest is provided the best possible experience and it appears our efforts were successful during your visit. It is rewarding to hear we made “such a positive impression” as Florence is full of options for lodging and this is a fantastic nod to our dedicated team of professionals. Best Wishes and we look forward to assisting you on your next visit to Florence.
florida, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was vary happy with our stay,and will return soon,and will tell all my freinds about my stay.when i travel it is nice to know where you will always have a nice place to stay and have good service.we was vary happy with the breakfest in the morning as it made it much faster thand going somwhere for breakfest.thanks

Virginia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed at many Hamptons over the years and this one is the best. One thing I liked is when I checked in the two young lades were smiling and ready to please. We stayed one night on May 1st. Also the young lady when checking in ask me what kind of car I had? She wrote it on the check in list..I did not have to write it. This was the FIRST time that ever happened and I said I liked that.
The breakfast area is also the best one I've seen in a Hampton Inn. So thank the whole staff at this nice hotel, keep up the great work.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would like to first say thank you for choosing our location to accommodate your family. We're glad you decided to stay with us and personally experience all that we have to offer. We're also delighted to know that you rated the overall hotel service/facilities highly. It would be our pleasure to deliver another clean, comfortable and quiet stay on your next visit to the Florence, SC area. We find it very rewarding whenever we can exceed our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back!