“Great place to stay!”

Residence Inn Florence
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Florence
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

While working in Hartsville, I decided to stay in Florence at the Residence Inn. Glad I did. I was very pleased with the courtesy of the staff. The comfort of the room was very nice. I got snowed in the first week I was there for about 2 days and the hotel was more than accommodating for anything I may have needed. Room service was outstanding.

They also have a nice fitness room with 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a bike, and a bench with a few dumbbells. They have a laundry room as well and they give you complimentary detergent and dryer sheets. It's a dollar per load which I was totally fine with considering free detergent.

Staff at the front desk is awesome. I had a package delivered and as soon as it arrived Sparkle called my room to let me know. She's really great. I've stayed at a lot of places and this, by far, was the most all around best places I've had an extended stay.

If you're in Florence, stay here, you won't be disappointed and it's close to everything. The mall
Is right across the street as well as Target. There's multiple gyms within a 5 min drive - McLeod, Planet Fitness, and Anytime Fitness. Food everywhere you turn lol.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
jennifer m, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Jaxn81, thank you so much for the wonderful review! It sounds like you were able to take advantage of a few great ammenities our property offers. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the comfort of your suite as well as our courteous staff. I will certainly share your review with the staff and especially Sparkle! Thank you again for taking the time to share your extended stay experience wtih us and future travelers. We hope to have you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I selected the Residence Inn as an extended stay option due to me relocating. ALL staff are professional, courteous and kind. It doesn't matter if its the front lobby or the maintenance staff, they all are wonderful. The rooms are always clean and they check the rooms everyday. The food they prepare every morning for breakfast and twice a week for dinner is DELICIOUS! If I ever visit Florence again, my adopted Residence Inn family will see me again. Thank you Residence Inn Staff for making me feel at home. Much Love to Marqueta and Sparkle and I will miss you.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We stopped here returning from Florida for 1 night. Checked in after Spring Hill next door couldn't give us a room at 6:30 for 3. The room was decorated charmingly in bistro decor. The room was pretty clean with the mild exception that there were ants in the kitchenette invading the sink and coffee pot. The only other thing we could have wished for was a thicker wall as we could hear our neighbor's booming voice quite clearly. Once he became quiet our night was peaceful. Breakfast was decent and the staff very polite. We would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014
jennifer m, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
DitaEE, thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's always nice to hear we were able to accommodate someone after a long day's drive! I'm so sorry to hear that you had tiny visitors in your room! Unfortunately, from time to time, South Carolina's rainy, unpredictable, temperature changing weather can drive in an unwanted friend or two. Please rest assured they we did contact Marriott's approved vendor Ecolab to take care of this matter. I am also sorry to hear your neighbor was not such a quiet one! Please contact me personally if you are ever in our area again and I will ensure your room is quiet and "unwanted friend" free!
Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise! We picked the Residence Inn as one of the few pet friendly hotels along I 95. My wife, I and our little Westie had a wonderful stay. The room was spotless, comfortable and roomy. We enjoyed a great night's rest with a wonderful breakfast in the morning. The hotel is located in an area with several restaurants very close by, some within walking distance. We travel down south often and will make certain to stop in at the RI on each trip.

Stayed February 2014
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed here overnight and were really pleased with the oversized rooms, comfortable bed and the amenities that came with the room. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was great! The only con was that our shower curtain had layers of mold and mildew along the folds of it on the backside that grossed us out. Other than that, it was a great hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
jennifer m, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel with other travelers. I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the spacious room and our expanded hot breakfast! I am also happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly. I am however displeased to hear that your shower curtain was not clean. This is not our hotels standard nor the Marriott standard. We take pride in our rooms and strive for 100% complete guest satisfaction which includes room cleanliness. I hope that you will contact me directly at the property so that I can know exactly which room you stayed in. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

That long drive along I-95 from Florida up the east coast does entail one overnight stay for us. We had yet to find a hotel that was even a little bit nice. The Marriott Residence Inn was excellent. Our room was a one-bedroom suite that had a full kitchen and a gas fireplace in the living room area. Nice and comfy! Well appointed! The free breakfast at most hotels is not worth even checking out, but here the food was really good. The scrambled eggs were better than I make at home, and they had a nice spread of fresh food, and good coffee. Service at this hotel is courteous and professional. I will be coming back! They take dogs!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite