“What a Pleasant Surprise”

Econo Lodge Florence
Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Kissimmee, Florida
“What a Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 29 September 2011

As always, we needed a pet-friendly hotel. This time, we brought only one (out of three) pet. After a terrible experience the night before at a competing chain, we cancelled our existing reservation at that chain and re-booked at this Econo Lodge. The night's price was competitive (note it was an additional $10 for the pet) and the room was very nice. It was a king non-smoking and was truly non-smoking--no horrible stale smoke odors. The room was spacious, very clean, and well thought-out for storage, desk and counter space. The refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker seemed almost new. I was pleased the room had a hair dryer (unlike our previous night's stay). Breakfast was included and offered just about anything (except meats) one could want--waffles, bagels, Danish, fruits, cereals, juices, coffees, etc. Staff was pleasant (especially the lady caring for the breakfast) and helpful. Grounds were nice, with a "jogging trail" (circles around the parking lot) marked. Laundry facilities were available.

Room Tip: Pet rooms are on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FloridaPip
Sharonda H, Manager at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Thank you for sharing your most recent stay with the Econo Lodge Florence. We appreciate your comments about our staff and our facility. We take pride in the work we do and through your comments we see that it shows, so thanks again for choosing us and have a wonderful Holiday season.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I stayed here with my dog while traveling to meet up with my wife and kids in Florida (they flew, I drove). Stopped here after the usual harrowing white-knuckle day's drive on I-95. Front desk staff were very pleasant, efficient, and accommodated my request for a room facing away from I-95. Room was older, but impeccably clean, and comfortable enough for me and my dog. Continental breakfast was nothing special; waffles seemed to be the main attraction, and the only fruit offered was apples. I didn't stay here long enough to sample the local restaurants. I've stayed here before (again, one-night stops on I-95), and would do so again - good for a stop along the way; not so sure for an extended stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing away from I-95
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank capt_silver
LilBoozer
Reviewed 13 August 2011

The service was very hospitable, room was decent, the location was great,gas was cheap, lots of dining options....all for a BARGAIN price! And pet friendly to boot !

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank LIlBoozer
North Port, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Clean older but not old hotel off I95 at Exit 164. I was in room 157 which was too close to the freeway. My fault as I should have asked for a room further from I95. Very comfortable bed and the A/C did not keep me awake. A "Quincy's" was adjacent to the hotel and, even though it was an all you can eat, the food was very good and the service was excellent. Try the fried chicken. The hotel could not be beat for the price.

Room Tip: Get a room well off the freeway
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank skip1941
North Carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2011

My husband and I recently completed a trip North to see family and friends. While the trip itself was wonderful some of our accomdations left a lot to be desired. One example was this motel In Florence, our stopover for the trip up. First off, when my husband went to get ice he could only get 5 ice cubes. Wha?!?!? Then there was the cockroach on the wall. Yuck! I'm surprised I stayed there after that. Finally there was the seedy element that was hanging at the hotel so much so that everytime my husband went outside to smoke he was approached either by someone selling drugs or someone selling themselves. What kind of place is this?! Clean up your property there are plenty of other places to stay in Florence.

Room Tip: Don't stay there that's my tip.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 16 April 2011

We used it for an overnight stop on the way down to Florida. Nice staff, clean, and pretty good rate. They gave me a discount because of where I work so make sure to inquire if you want to save a few bucks. The only "problem" if you want to call it one is it is right next to I-95 so you do hear the traffic but I sleep like rock so it didnt bother me. Staff was nice and check in was quick. No soap or shampoo left in the room which I am finding most dont leave now anyway but I bring my own. WiFi was down the second day but again I was just there to sleep and get going so I really didnt mind, if I was staying a while it would have bothered me more. I would use again for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a discounts
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JohnnyRed1
Bedminster, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 January 2011

After driving 12 hpurs between NJ and FL it is very convenience place to stay. My husband love the fitness room. Just I felt sorry that we missed the breakfast. They serve just unit 9am. They should say to their guest as soon as they register and have any sign in the rooms

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family