“Clean and very basic stay”

Econo Lodge Florence
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Clean and very basic stay”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed here based on the reviews of others. This hotel is right next to a Quincy's Steakhouse and plenty of other food. A little tricky to get to, as theres the main road, then a service road, separated by train tracks. Check in was smooth, but I noticed after midnight, nobody seems to be in the lobby. I also saw they have a security officer walking the property at night. This hotel is right next door to 2 other hotels. My room was very clean. Bathroom is very small, and the shower isnt very good. Water was hot, but the water pressure wasnt there, and the shower head is about 5 foot 9 inches tall, and im 5'11, didnt work so well. TV has over 60 channels, but no speed channel (yet your 10 miles from Darlington Speedway). Wifi was strange, as the directions they give arent the right ones. The wifi is actually named "Quality Inn". Was a bit slow at first but got better as the evening wore on. Bed was comfortable, and the heat worked well. The one thing I dislike about older motels, is when you walk out your door, your at the parking lot. Someone had their music up loud in the morning, so I didnt even need my alarm clock to wake me up! Breakfast ends way to early (10am) but thats probably because they have a early checkout of 11am. The lady who checked me in at 11pm the previous night was the same lady that checked me out at 11am the next day, is she a robot? If you want a clean and cheap room, this is it. If you want a good shower or a really relaxing stay, this isnt it. They also will automatically charge you for the safe, be sure to tell them you didnt use it (I dont think they like that).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Sharonda H, General Manager at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Thank you for staying and sharing your views of our hotel. We appreciate your comments... good or bad they tell us where we are in the eyes of our guest and what we can do to improve... Through your vision and experience it tells us what needs to change in order for us to achieve excellence in all we do. I do appreciate your business and your comments and I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Florence. If you are able to go on the second floor please ask for a room on the second floor in the back I think this will be more to your liking.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My daughter and I stayed here on our way to Columbia. The whole building smelled like stale cigarettes. The coffee pot in the room did not work at all. Once we got in bed we did not go to sleep until around 2am due to noise in the hallway. There were people running up and down the hall around midnight to 1am cussing and slamming doors. Sounded like about 6 young people. Was afraid they were going to start trying to get into rooms. We did not feel safe at all! Will never stay there again and would not recommend.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel to host your stay. I am very sorry to hear that you did not nor did your family have an enjoyable stay. Our main goal is to take care of each and everyone of our guest once we become informed something is wrong we strive to remedy that problem.... From your comments it does not sound as if you contacted the desk about any of your issues... If we do not know there is a problem we can not correct the situation. If you had called we could have changed your room and even your building because we have four buildings or if you had called we could have gotten rid of the noise..... I like to thank you for sharing and making me aware of your disappointing stay and I hope you will not hold this against us and give us another chance to prove we care about each and everyone of our guest.

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Very clean room. Quiet. Separate bathroom. Spacious
Only 2 criticisms: an older Tv & it was hard to regulate the room temperature. Pleasant desk staff.

• Stayed January 2012
Thank you for choosing to allow us to provide your overnight needs. We appreciate your business. We value all comments good or bad they tell us what we are doing right, wrong and how we can improve. Thanks again for sharing and I hope you will stay with us on your next trip to Florence. Until next time.... Happy Travels.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by our stay on New Year's Eve. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean and well furnished and the breakfast was good. We stayed in a Baltimore Econo Lodge a few months ago and it was a similar experience.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lpd1950
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I got a phenomenal deal on this hotel, and still feel like it wasn't worth the money. The room was very dated, dark and dingy. The bathroom was filthy (See pics). The lighting around the exterior was pretty dark, and where the ice machine was, the light wasn't working at all! Kind of a creepy ice fill up it makes for. One bright spot was the free breakfast, it was quite good.

Also had a medical request they wouldn't honor that virtually every hotel I have ever stayed at has ( I used to travel for business so I've stayed in ALOT of hotels)

Room Tip: Find another hotel if you want a 'good' room
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelinChimp
Thank you for your comments I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. From your comments it does not sound as if you contacted the desk during your stay to inform us of your conditions. Not all conditions are acceptable to all people and poor condition of any kind is not tolerated. From your comments it sounds like you needed a microfridge for medical conditions.... I apologize not all of our rooms are equipped with this amenity, however ,for rooms that do not provide this amenity ,we will store it for you in the hotel refrigerator. Someone is on staff 24hrs a day so you could always have access to it. In order to meet your needs, if you stay again and decide to try us again, please ask for a room in the 4th building because it is equipped with spacious rooms that offer microfridges. Thanks again for sharing, I do appreciate your comments.
East Walpole
Reviewed 11 January 2012

My wife and I along with my mother stayed here both going and returning from Florida on Christmas Day and New Year's Day. We chose this hotel because of the recommendations on Trip Advisor. I was especially impressed by the Manager's comments noted after each review. It showed us that she is on top of things. We were very pleased with our stay on both occasions. The staff is very friendly and helpful and our rooms were very clean and comfortable. My wife especially enjoyed the waffles in the morning. My mother is elderly so we appreciate being able to park close to our door. The location is next to I95 so we asked for the quiet side and it was very quiet. This hotel offers an excellent value accommodation that is convenient to the highway. We'll plan to stay the next time through.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet side and ground floor if that is important to you.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Sharonda H, General Manager at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Thank you for your comments,and for sharing your kind words about our facility and our staff. We appreciate you taking time to share your most recent experience. Your comments tell us what we are doing right, wrong and of course how we can improve. It is a pleasure to hear that we were able to meet your needs on both occasions. Until we see you next time have a most enjoyable year.
Quebec
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a trip from Canada to Miami. After a long drive, you just wanted to get a nice clean room, comfy bed and pass out for the night. This was not at all what we got at this hotel. The room was run down, dirty walls, noisy a/c, paper thin walls, tiny beds. I was very disapointed as I was expecting something good based on the reviews I read here. Here are some pictures, you can judge for yourself.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family