Econo Lodge Florence
  • Pool
Thunderbird Inn(Florence)
Best Western Inn(Florence)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanbagelsstay there againfree breakfastfirst floorinterstaterefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is the first time I have taken time to rate a hotel but I realized how much I depend on the Trip Advisor ratings from everyone else. The stay at this Econo Lodge was great in all of the right ways - inexpensive, very friendly staff, very clean, very comfortable bed and was quiet the night we stayed. Totally convenient as right off of the Interstate and several restaurants within walking distance which means a lot to us after we have been in the car all day. I would definitely stay there again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed here at the Econo Lodge for 4 days, and loved it. It was clean, and quiet, and close to everything, Staff was there when I needed them, and they were very friendly. The pool was really nice and clean, the continental breakfast was one of the best I've ever seen (muffins, doughnuts, bagels, 2 types of cereal, juice, ect). The hotel was fairly cheap to stay there compared to the surrounding hotels! If I was to ever return to the area I would stay at the Econo Lodge again !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Makayla25
econolodgeflorence, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for your stay and the positive review of Econo Lodge Florence.

We are glad that you liked the room, amenities, cleanliness, breakfast and of course the pool.

The hotel staff is really motivated by your comment.

Hope to see you again soon. We shall be more than happy to serve you.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Me and my girlfriend came her because we where tired from driving all day. The big guy at the desk was very disrespectful to my girl friend i was about to come handle him. But we got to the room and at first glance it was clean but the bathroom was not that clean. There was hair in the drain and dirt ing the cracks in the walls. I had to go back to get more towers there was not enough there at all. I stayed there before and i never had this problem i guess maybe this hotel need to check its front desk and housekeepers.

Room Tip: This hotel is hit or miss but its the best cheap hotel on the side of florence
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flow93
Reviewed 27 July 2013

sherouda did a good job was nice patient and caring i think there should be more peole employed by her she did an excellant job only bad thing was the room which she had to change me from housekeeping was poor towels piled up dirty in the bathroom and on shower and use soap on the counter

• Stayed: July 2013
Mihipatel0829, General Manager at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with our hotel. I do appreciate your comments. It is always a pleasure to hear how someone enjoyed our facility. Through your experiences we find out what we are doing right, wrong and how we can improve. Everyone on the team appreciates you taking the time to tell us how you enjoyed your stay. Have a wonderful summer and I hope to get the chance to meet you during your next visit with us. Thanks for traveling

Reviewed 25 July 2013

This is the worst hotel ever. We were a group arriving there. To start no ones key worked, everyone had to wak back to reception to reactivate the keys. (The booking was done way in advance). Once that was done, our room was not made up, so my husband asked for another room. We got a room and when opened it was already occupied by another guest (suprise). Asked for another room again, got aroom that stank of sigarrettes, while the room had a non-smoking sign on it. This room was one that was rejected by the group already because of the horrible smell.
On top of this, the supposed manager had the worst attitude, not even appologizing for all his mismanagement. We settled after that for a single room, with a non-smoking sign, that smelled less as if someone was smoking the whole night in there. I do not recommend this place to anyone. STOP, don't go there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
econolodgeflorence, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Econo Lodge, Florence during your last visit.

We note your review and regret the incident howsoever it might have happened.

We have checked and corrected the non working locks, room cleanliness and the
smoke smell issue.

Our apologies on behalf of the front desk manager for any rude behavior
and assure that it will never happen again.

We have given a special training to all the hotel staff and reception managers.

They have been instructed to ensure that our guests receive a hospitality which they shall make them feel welcome and wanted.

We take our reviews very seriously for improvement.

Please stay with us again and experience a new hospitality.

Hotel Manager.