“Worst I've ever seen”

Econo Lodge Florence
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Booked 2 rooms. Should have known as the parking lot was empty and the statue in the lobby was tilted over and the fish pond was dirty. Room door had space you could see through when door was closed. Flip over safety lock was broken. Of the 4 lights one had a bad bulb one had a short circuit. Bed spread was stained. Bathroom had cobwebs in two of the corners. Toilet would have to be flushed several times with each use. Left within 1/2 hour. Check in clerk did not seem surprised.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
econolodgeflorence, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Econo Lodge during your last visit.

We appreciate the review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had whatsoever.

The entire issue related to the amenities, cleanliness and hospitality related problem has been investigated.

Appropriate steps have been taken and this will never happen again.

The front office staff has been trained to give our guests the best hospitality and care.

We would like you to take note of these and request to stay with us again during your next visit and experience the difference!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

While on a long drive from north to south on the I-95, I took an overnight stop at the Econo Lodge, since I drove most of the day and arriving late at night, I checked by calling, thankfully the lady on the phone told me the latest check-in time was around 1am (or 2am, I forget what time exactly). When I got in, check-in was smooth, I could park right in front of my 1st floor room, there was wifi. I liked that the room was small but had everything I needed, a small fridge, coffee grounds for the coffeemaker, and A/C and heat unit. The bathroom was small but clean. I gave it 4 stars since the water pressure was too low for the shower. I also liked the complimentary breakfast in the morning, there were grits and oatmeal, oranges and bananas, mini muffins, boiled egg, waffle maker, and coffee and other beverages, even if it was quite packed especially at the waffle maker and there were lots of kids running around. I also liked the price I paid for the stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
econolodgeflorence, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at the Econo Lodge Florence.

It is just great to see your nice review.

This will definitely empower us to further improve our services and hospitality.

We shall definitely try to do something for the noise issue.

We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was the worst Hotel I have ever stayed at.we got there late and just wanted a place to sleep. The bed was clean,we checked for bed bugs.the bathroom was outdated.the wallpaper in bedroom and bathroom were filthy . Got up during night,and found Roaches in bathroom.Didn't sleep after that.Couldn't wait to leave. Was not the cheapest place to stay. Grounds outside were not kept up.Needless to say we didn't stay for breakfest.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Cas1947
econolodgeflorence, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge Florence for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping staff received our commendation and was informed about the nice comment you made.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the bathroom and wallpaper in the room first assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of roaches and instructed to look into the matter and see to their extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Econo Lodge Florence. I think you will be greatly pleased. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is the first time I have taken time to rate a hotel but I realized how much I depend on the Trip Advisor ratings from everyone else. The stay at this Econo Lodge was great in all of the right ways - inexpensive, very friendly staff, very clean, very comfortable bed and was quiet the night we stayed. Totally convenient as right off of the Interstate and several restaurants within walking distance which means a lot to us after we have been in the car all day. I would definitely stay there again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed here at the Econo Lodge for 4 days, and loved it. It was clean, and quiet, and close to everything, Staff was there when I needed them, and they were very friendly. The pool was really nice and clean, the continental breakfast was one of the best I've ever seen (muffins, doughnuts, bagels, 2 types of cereal, juice, ect). The hotel was fairly cheap to stay there compared to the surrounding hotels! If I was to ever return to the area I would stay at the Econo Lodge again !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Makayla25

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for your stay and the positive review of Econo Lodge Florence.

We are glad that you liked the room, amenities, cleanliness, breakfast and of course the pool.

The hotel staff is really motivated by your comment.

Hope to see you again soon. We shall be more than happy to serve you.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Me and my girlfriend came her because we where tired from driving all day. The big guy at the desk was very disrespectful to my girl friend i was about to come handle him. But we got to the room and at first glance it was clean but the bathroom was not that clean. There was hair in the drain and dirt ing the cracks in the walls. I had to go back to get more towers there was not enough there at all. I stayed there before and i never had this problem i guess maybe this hotel need to check its front desk and housekeepers.

Room Tip: This hotel is hit or miss but its the best cheap hotel on the side of florence
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flow93
Reviewed 27 July 2013

sherouda did a good job was nice patient and caring i think there should be more peole employed by her she did an excellant job only bad thing was the room which she had to change me from housekeeping was poor towels piled up dirty in the bathroom and on shower and use soap on the counter

• Stayed: July 2013
Mihipatel0829, General Manager at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with our hotel. I do appreciate your comments. It is always a pleasure to hear how someone enjoyed our facility. Through your experiences we find out what we are doing right, wrong and how we can improve. Everyone on the team appreciates you taking the time to tell us how you enjoyed your stay. Have a wonderful summer and I hope to get the chance to meet you during your next visit with us. Thanks for traveling