Econo Lodge Florence
Residence Inn Florence(Florence)
Home2.com
US$173
GardenInn.com
All reviewsroom was cleanbagelsstay there againfree breakfastfirst floorinterstaterefrigerator
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night in December. We just needed a place to sleep for the night as we continued our road trip.

Overall the hotel was fine - our room was clean, the Wifi worked, we really did not have any problems!

The location was perfect for us - literally right off of the highway (I95). A little bit noisy but couldn't really hear it from our room.

My only complaint is that the man who checked us in was pretty rude. In his defense, we did not arrive until around 1 in the morning, but I still expect to be treated politely by hotel staff.

The location is kind of sketchy. We were told our room was in the very back building, which probably added to the creepiness. There was someone - I couldn't tell if it was one person multiple - walking past our room over and over again early the morning we were leaving, but we were on the ground floor so that is to be expected.

This hotel is a good clean hotel to stay at for a night or two - I'd stay here again if I am ever on a trip passing through Florence again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
econolodgeflorence, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting about our hotel. I’m glad you found the experience pleasant enough that you would stay with us again, and we look forward to having you back with us. I’m concerned, however, that our customer service didn’t live up to your expectations. We strive for 100 percent satisfaction, and I feel our customer service failed you. For that I sincerely apologize.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The first room they gave us the beds were made nicely I pulled the bedspread back, sheets were filthy, bathroom was filthy.It looked like a dog had been bathing in the tub. So we switched rooms.The next room burn marks on the bathtub from cigarettes the beds springs were coming through the material, it was clean but it was old & past its prime. The continental breakfast was fabulous. I asked for a manager the next morning to make sure they understood all the things that we saw in the first room the night before & the condition of our beds, the front desk person was uninterested in what I had to say & told me these things happen.hopefully they will pay more attention after this.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
econolodgeflorence, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Econo Lodge during your last visit.

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

Our sincere for the inconvenience you had whatsoever.

The entire issue related to the hospitality and service is seriously handled and the front office staff has been trained to give our guests the best hospitality and care.

We would like you to take note of these and once again stay with us during your visit and experience the difference!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Booked 2 rooms. Should have known as the parking lot was empty and the statue in the lobby was tilted over and the fish pond was dirty. Room door had space you could see through when door was closed. Flip over safety lock was broken. Of the 4 lights one had a bad bulb one had a short circuit. Bed spread was stained. Bathroom had cobwebs in two of the corners. Toilet would have to be flushed several times with each use. Left within 1/2 hour. Check in clerk did not seem surprised.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Econo Lodge during your last visit.

We appreciate the review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had whatsoever.

The entire issue related to the amenities, cleanliness and hospitality related problem has been investigated.

Appropriate steps have been taken and this will never happen again.

The front office staff has been trained to give our guests the best hospitality and care.

We would like you to take note of these and request to stay with us again during your next visit and experience the difference!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

While on a long drive from north to south on the I-95, I took an overnight stop at the Econo Lodge, since I drove most of the day and arriving late at night, I checked by calling, thankfully the lady on the phone told me the latest check-in time was around 1am (or 2am, I forget what time exactly). When I got in, check-in was smooth, I could park right in front of my 1st floor room, there was wifi. I liked that the room was small but had everything I needed, a small fridge, coffee grounds for the coffeemaker, and A/C and heat unit. The bathroom was small but clean. I gave it 4 stars since the water pressure was too low for the shower. I also liked the complimentary breakfast in the morning, there were grits and oatmeal, oranges and bananas, mini muffins, boiled egg, waffle maker, and coffee and other beverages, even if it was quite packed especially at the waffle maker and there were lots of kids running around. I also liked the price I paid for the stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
econolodgeflorence, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at the Econo Lodge Florence.

It is just great to see your nice review.

This will definitely empower us to further improve our services and hospitality.

We shall definitely try to do something for the noise issue.

We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was the worst Hotel I have ever stayed at.we got there late and just wanted a place to sleep. The bed was clean,we checked for bed bugs.the bathroom was outdated.the wallpaper in bedroom and bathroom were filthy . Got up during night,and found Roaches in bathroom.Didn't sleep after that.Couldn't wait to leave. Was not the cheapest place to stay. Grounds outside were not kept up.Needless to say we didn't stay for breakfest.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Cas1947
econolodgeflorence, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge Florence for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping staff received our commendation and was informed about the nice comment you made.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the bathroom and wallpaper in the room first assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of roaches and instructed to look into the matter and see to their extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Econo Lodge Florence. I think you will be greatly pleased. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.