“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Florence
Brick, New Jersey
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We were very impressed with everything about this hotel, from the new-tech room keys to the spacious room and excellent bed. They also put on a very good breakfast. We will make this a regular stop any time we travel from New Jersey to Florida.
Only very minor complaint would be the address, it's not right on West Lucas Street, it's on a service road right next to the highway.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spend1953
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you so much for your response. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and for taking the time out to write such a nice review. I hope you will make us a permanant stop when you travel 95. Make sure you call ahead to Choice and book through them. They have a great 2 stay plus 1 free stay for members so check it out. Thanks again for everything and have a great weekend.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

After driving for 11 hours I needed a place to spend the night.
My wife booked a room for me at this hotel because it looked new and nice even
though it was at the high end price point for a "off the road" hotel. I have never written a
review but was completely dissatisfied with my stay due to the fact that I was
up all night from the level of noise coming from other guests. I did not register a complaint
in the morning as I needed to get on the road and there was a line at check out. I did
call later that afternnon to speak with a manager.
Isaac (the manager) explained that the newer construction Comfort Inns were built like "stick buildings" and that he does get several complaints a month about the noise level.
Isaac did offer a free nights stay at that Comfort Inn location which didn't satisfy me as I
was not going to be back in that area. It would have been nice to say that I would recommend
Comfort Inn Suites but after this experience I won't be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Craig426
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you sir for that Constructive Criticism. I can certainly understand your being upset not getting enough sleep. It is understandable that people walking above your head at different hours of the night can be aggravating to say the least. In response to that I can only appologize and hope that you will give us another chance. All of our guests(Thankfully), are not up walking around at that hour. In fact, I believe what I stated is that we have not received any complaints for several months. That is because our guests are excellant and are very respectful of others. We have a wonderful clientele. Our hotel was built very strong and most guests never hear a thing. Light sleepers , mixed with a loud upstairs guest, can make for a sleepless night. That is why I was able to give a refund to you. I certainly hope that you will give us another try and stay perhaps on the top floor since you are a light sleeper. Thanks again for your comments and Have a great weekend.
Wiarton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Our whole experience at this hotel was superb! The staff was very friendly and helpful! The room was extremely clean and comfortable.
We would recommend the Florence, SC Comfort Suites to anyone!
Thank you!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tammy G
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
I appreciate your kind response more than you know. We strive to make every one of our guests happy and want nothing more than for EVERY guest to have a good experience. While we have mistakes happen from time to time, we do everything in our power to be sure every guest goes home very satisfied. Thank you again for your comments and your business. Have a great week!!
Millville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

My husband and I always try to use Comfort Suites because the rooms are extremely clean
and roomy. Customer service is excellent. This visit was the first time we had a complaint,
but the refrigerator in the room made a terrible noise all night and my husband got up several
times and hit the top of it. It stopped and then started up again. Other than that we have
always had a good experience with these suites.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
THan you so much for your review! I really appreciate your kind thoughts and I thank you for your tip on the fridge. I am so sorry that you had that noise from the fridge. Occasionaly, the fridge will get knocked off balance. While it is a rare occurance, it happens from time to time. Fortunatly, we can have a new one brought up just let us know. We keep them on hand. Thanks again for your business and I look forward to seeing you soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

We needed a place to stay overnight. It was such a pleasant surprise. The room was clean, spacious, the beds were comfy the service people couldn't have been nicer and breakfast was good. An overall really good experience. Would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Lucysarah
We really appreciate your comments and your business. I also thank you for your directions in. Its great guests like you that help all the other travelers who are new in town. I am very grateful for that. I hope you have a wonderful week.
Woodstock, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We recently stayed while travelling to GA for classes. We couldnt have been treated better and the room was terrific. Clean, Quiet and very comfortable. Such a treat after a long drive. Will definately try to make a return visit soon. A little difficult to find the access road, need to turn at the light before you get adjacent to the hotel. Janice from Woodstock, VA

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Janice308
I am so glad you found us! We are in a little bit of a difficult spot, but here is the scoop! lol

When you come from I-95, and you see our hotel from the exit, DRIVE PAST THE HOTEL. The red light that you turn on is not crowded at all, and it's very easy from that point. It isn't a normal thing to drive past the hotel that you are going to, but that's how its set up. Now you have helped all of the rest of them find us better! For that and your sweet comments I am very grateful. I hope to see you again very soon.
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed at Comfort Suites in Florence for a tennis tournament. We had the team and several parents there. Everything was great. The room was very comfortable. The breakfast was as good as any that I have had in simular situations. We enjoyed the "living room" in the lobby were we could plan out the day and meet after the meet. The only thing that went wrong was that it rained us out on Saturday. If you can fix that, I will never stay anywhere else again. All joking aside, we will be back next year (twice).

Room Tip: Stay on the odd side and close the dark shades. The spot lights really light it up.