“An excellent place to stay”

Comfort Suites Florence
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Ochlocknee, Georgia
“An excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Extremely clean and beautifully decorated. The staff was very polite and helpful upon checking in and throughout our one night stay. The breakfast was excellent and offered many choices. The rooms were extremely comfortable and very clean. Particularly loved the sitting area so I could sit and read comfortably. Will definitely stay again when I am through this way.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Sharonda H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for sharing such delightful comments on your recent experience at the Comfort Suites, Florence. We are so pleased that you found our team to be friendly, professional and eager to serve in all aspects of your stay. We do appreciate your feedback and look forward to when we will have the privilege to provide your overnight accommodations again. Thanks again for sharing and have a wonderful fall season.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Princeton, West Virginia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I love this hotel. It has the absolute most comfortable beds. Breakfast is great, staff is friendly, and I always feel safe there. I love their beds most of all. So soft and comfortable. I had a wonderful stay and I will be back

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sharonda H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience about the service and hospitality we provide.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our staff works very hard every day to ensure that when our guest arrive they have a most comfortable and enjoyable experience.

Very glad to hear you enjoyed the bed, they are made especially for the Comfort Suite Brand.

Thanks again for sharing and I hope I have the pleasure to meet you on your return visit to Florence.
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My family and I stopped here in our drive from Florida to Pennsylvania. The lady who checked us in was super sweet, the hotel lobby was bright and cheerful. They had cookies and coffee for the guests. Our room was perfect- with the sofa bed each of my children were able to have a bed while my husband and I also had our own. The price was also very affordable.

• Stayed October 2013
Sharonda H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for sharing such an awesome review. We greatly appreciate your comments. We strive everyday to be the best so it is wonderful to receive such a glowing recommendation. Thanks again for sharing and we look forward to the next time we will have the pleasure of providing your overnight accommodations. Have a marvelous fall!
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay, would recommend highly to everyone! The staff was professional and friendly and the room is immaculate. The lobby has been nicely done and the breakfast had a great variety. We would go out of our way to stay again whenever we are passing through South Carolina.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sharonda H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing experience. We appreciate your kind words. We strive everyday to be the best and it is nice to know that our efforts left such a positive experience with you. Thank you from all the staff here at Comfort Suites, we appreciate the pat on the back and we look forward to when we will have the pleasure of hosting your hospitality needs again. Have a wonderful fall season.
Bucyrus
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on the way to the beach. Newer hotel that is neat and clean. It has a pleasant and inviting atmosphere and friendly staff. Wonderful breakfast choices are available. Also there are several restaurants close. Convenient to route 95.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jerry M
Sharonda H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for that Awesome Review! We appreciate your positive feedback and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Please remember us on your next trip through!
Marianna
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I didn't have a reservation, and when I went to the front desk to check in, they told me the lowest rate was $95.00 a night. When I said that was too expensive, I was told that the lowest rate they could do was $85.00 a night. As I was very tired and it was late, I decided to take the room at that rate. When I entered the room, there was a very strong stench of mildew/mold in the room. The next morning, the clothes I had laid out to wear the next day were damp from the humidity in the room. When I told the manager about the mildew/mold smell in the room at checkout, she said, "Really, that's weird" and offered nothing at all to make it right with me. I didn't ask for a discount, or for anything, I just told her the problem with the room. She charged me the full rate and handed me the receipt. I'll not stay at that hotel ever again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael P
Thank you for your feed back. We are glad you chose our hotel during your visit to the area. We are a premium all suite non smoking 4 story hotel that provides a completely hot variety breakfast, fitness room, heated indoor pool, business center, complimentary washer and dryer at no cost to our guest... spacious suites that at a minimum sleep 4 people and offer high speed internet to all our guest free of charge. All these services do have a premium price.
I apologize that you felt you did not receive premium service or quality, our rooms have never been reported to have mildew or smell of mildew, this was quite surprising to hear. We believe in 100% guest satisfaction and so we try to do all within reason to ensure none of our guest ever leave unhappy with their choice.
A nonchalant attitude is unacceptable at our property, all managers try to meet or exceed our guest expectations and to hear we dropped the ball, is quite alarming. I apologize to you for this treatment you received and ask that you please see this incident as a singular experience.
Award us another opportunity to earn your business. When you are ready to travel to Florence again please contact the hotel so we can ensure you have a satisfying stay. Thanks again for sharing and have a most enjoyable season.
Florida
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Very restful stop when driving on I-95. Arrived in pouring rain with take out from Cracker Barrel at same exit, grabbed some complimentary cookies and water at check in, enjoyed dinner on comfortable sofa while watching TV. Room very quiet, has frig and micro ; gym and indoor pool downstairs; decent breakfast and easy just to take muffin/coffee for the road if don't wish to sit.
Comfort inns, suites are my choice especially when traveling alone, as the set up feels secure with inside corridors, one building, no adjoining doors as requested.

Room Tip: Traveling alone, I always request 2nd or 3rd floor, no adjoining doors , not too far from elevator .