“Property grounds and rooms are tired and need updating...”

Ramada Florence Center
Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 28 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Crystal L, Manager at Ramada Florence Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

There are newer reviews for Ramada Florence Center

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I had a terrible experience with bed bugs at this hotel. My family and I reserved two rooms here to get some rest during our road trip to Florida. Unfortunately, I woke up around 2:00 AM due to severe itching. I examined the bed and found several bed bugs and noticed several red welts on my neck and upper body (pictures are attached). At this point, I went to the front desk and was offered a different room - I really had no choice at this point because it was the middle of the night. I moved my wife and two daughters to a new room and went to wake up the rest of my family that was staying in the second room. They did not see or feel any bugs, so they went back to bed and hoped for the best.

The next day I requested to speak to a manager and request a refund. There was no manager available apparently, and since we had to leave to continue our road trip, I was told that I would receive a call back shortly. I will try to spare you extensive details at this point, but suffice it to say that this initiated a series of events in which my phone calls were repeatedly ignored and not returned. The hotel made no effort to resolve the issue - I made over a half dozen calls over a period of 3 months in order to receive a refund. In the end, after zero initiative on the hotel's part and much footwork on my part, they would only offer a refund on one of the rooms despite the fact that all of us were woken up at 2:00 in the morning to search our rooms for bugs.

To make matters worse, the Ramada corporation has notified me that it is their policy NOT to directly resolve these issues for customers since Ramada is "solely the franchisor" and hotel is independently owned. This was extremely shocking to hear. I associate the Ramada brand with finer hotels and would have assumed they had excellent customer service. Instead, I was told that the hotel with the Ramada name on it was not really theirs and left to deal with the unresponsive hotel staff - even after Ramada knew my calls were being repeatedly ignored.

I can understand that hotels frequently have problems occur, perhaps even problems beyond their control. As a customer, I would hope to receive excellent customer service when these problems do occur. That was clearly not the case here with Ramada - neither the local hotel nor the corporate brand were willing to provide a reasonable remedy. The experience really tarnished the Ramada brand for me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RoadNorth80

Thank you for staying at the Ramada Florence Center however we are sorry you didnt enjoy your stay. We did upgrade you to a suite an the other room was fine. However we never know what other guest bring in to our hotel. We are very sorry about your stay here. We do hope you give us another shot.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Crystal L, Manager at Ramada Florence Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014