“Good price for a short time”

Ramada Florence Center
Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in Florence

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a dog show in town. It was recommended by the kennel club. It was good that we had rooms on the first floor and there was plenty of room for walking the dogs. The rooms really need to be updated though. When we checked in, there were two people there but they were running around answering calls and trying to assist customers at the same time so we ended up having to go back to the office because out door keys didn't work. The first night we were there, we were awakened at about 3:00 a.m. because it sounded like the people next door were having a knock down, drag out fight. I honestly thought they were going to come through the wall. There are plenty of places to eat close by which is a plus. However, I would not recommend this hotel to a woman traveling alone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had to ask for tissues and caffeinated coffee but I got them soon after I asked for them. My room was comfortable but could have used some redecorating. The chair and ottoman were wonderful. I have serious back pain and I was very comfortable sitting in that chair. I'd love to know who makes that chair. I seriously want one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
West Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have never written a hotel review of any kind but I felt compelled to write this one. I stayed at this hotel June 20 - 21, 2014. My 2 two brothers and I were in town for a funeral. Is there an adjective worse than a dump? If there is, this place is it! 1. The price initially quoted by Booking.com was false! The price at the beginning of the booking process was $45.00 per night. The receipt that was printed out was for $67.14 per night and I had not asked for any extras, other than a non-smoking room! I thought that it was a mistake that would be rectified by the hotel, it was not! The manager claimed that the room rate I was quoted was for a "former Ramada located on the other side of town and they have been switching their bookings to us." I was stuck paying that price because I did not have the time at 5am to find another hotel and my credit card was already charged. 2. My credit card was charged as a "no show" prior to our arrival although we had not cancelled and had scheduled a 11:00 - 12 am arrival time. We did not get there until 5 am due to being stuck in traffic from CT to NC. The printout for Bookings.com stated that I should cancel by 6 pm on the date of arrival to avoid being charged for a 1 night stay. I didn't call because I was not cancelling. The manager claimed that I needed to call by 2 am if I would be arriving later. I was never informed of this in writing nor did the hotel bother to try the contact number given, when I made the booking, to inform me verbally. The number given to them was my cell phone since I knew that I would be on the road all day. 3. The first room we were placed in, which was the room we supposedly reserved, had been used and not cleaned! 4. The second room was not well cleaned and reeked of tobacco smoke. I had a headache the entire stay. The mattress frame on one of the beds was broken and had a large piece of metal sticking out. Dangerous! The carpet was filthy, you had to keep shoes on. The cellophane enclosed paper cups located by the coffee maker and ice bucket where stained with a brown substance that had passed through the cellophane to the cups. There was a large dead, unrecognizable bug in the corner of the bathroom. There was a box of tissues with 4 tissues in it. 5. The "breakfast" was bare bones. Cold toaster waffles, bagels, boiled eggs, cereal and yogurt. 6. This place is the worst Ramada that I've ever stayed in!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Monica P
Orlando
Reviewed 1 July 2014

To start off with management was at a low. There was one lady at the counter and she was juggling calls and a line at the counter. Next, we couldn't find our room. We walked the whole complex twice trying to find our room. When we proceeded back to front desk the lady was helpful and directed us. When we arrived in our room i saw a bug that didn't look like a fly on the night stands between the two queen beds. It looked like a bed bug but i wasn't sure. Then we looked under that mattress. One word: Disgusting. We saw bed bugs all over. Never will i stay at a Ramada anywhere and i will not refer my friends to this disgrace.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank mortifiedhotelstayer
Gigi H, Director of Sales at Ramada Florence Center, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I am sorry that you felt this way during your stay this is not a review that we like to see, However the next morning when you told us of the situation the manager went to the room right away. She inspected the room and did not see any traces of bed bugs. We then called our exterminator and brought him in within the hour he examined the room with the blue light and there were no traces of bed bugs. Again I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I will contact you concerning this matter within 24 hours.