“Worst motel ever”

Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
“Worst motel ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Book 2 rooms. Both parties when given the room key walked into other peoples room, with them in there. When given our 2nd room of the night it happend again. Was givenanother room and when we walked in toilet was flooding throughout the room. We started the checking in process at 10:30pm and finally got in to a decent room at 1am. Worst motel expierence ever.

Room Tip: Don not stay at this hotel. Spend the extra $10 and stay at the Ramada 1 block down.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ryan W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Florence, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

This hotel was the cheapest I could find. It certainly deserved to be. From the outside the hotel looks ok. It does not look too run down and is not in a bad part of town. The ceiling of the lobby has water damage and the general feel is of a very run down hotel. The room I was in (204) was horrible! There is a room length mirror behind the bed which calls to mind all sorts of horrible thoughts. The bathroom was clean but had roaches running around. The t.v. was broken. The mattress wassmaller than the box spring which had blood stains on the side of it.

It is not a sleezy hotel and I felt safe walking the halls and outside late at night. You can get a much cleaner and newer hotel across the street for $15 and we changed hotels even though we were only staying one more night.

Bottom line? If you are used to living in run down accomidations then this place would work for you. If you like to walk to the bathroom without shoes go some place else.

P.S. The sheets made my whole body itch!

Room Tip: Go to different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank freeriggy

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Seneca, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

Thinking I could drive all the way home by myself western SC, I found myself nodding off at the wheel after midnight. I spotted the tall sign for $39.99 and checked into the Microtel Inn without a reservation. The very friendly woman at the desk was talking with a man who worked there and they both were very accomodating. He carried my bags from the car to the elevator. The room was clean and nice and the bathroom had plenty of towels. It was furnished for two persons, in fact. The bed was inviting and the tv remote worked fine. I slept so well, nothing woke me up in the night! No noise from the hallway at all. The closet had plenty of coat hangers, I noticed, and the window had a wide view. There is a good enough distance between the motel and the main highway. Even though there is a train track, I didn't hear any train noise in the night! I would and have recommended this motel to my friends who tend to stop in Florence, SC on the way to the beaches.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Huntigntown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed there twice on a recent trip to Florida. It is a little run down but for the price it is reasonable. It is located far enough from I-95 that you do not hear road noise. The only noise you will hear is the train that runs down the middle of the main street in the middle of the night.
We did get a suite #228 and it was clean but showing its age. I never could get the internet to work even when I sat in the lobby. We might not stay there again because there are so many reasonable hotels in Florence.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Mt Holly NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We were looking for a place to shower and sleep for a weekend of motorcyle events. The shower was hot , the bed left a little to be desired. The room was clean, we asked for extra pillows and they were very responsive to our requests. The entire hotel is in need of a face lift. The ceiling tiles are sagging, wall paper peeling etc.
For what we were looking for, the Hotel was fine. They were motorcycle friendly, gave us old towles to wipe our bike down after the rain. Very convienient to I -95 gas stations and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NC-traveller-379
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

place was a dump...couch in lobby was dry rotted and split open...no fridge as promised in room...no wifi connection...then they tried to move us closer to the modem...first room we were sent to had shells of a bug laying on the bed, the second room had a stain on the sheet like someone had diahrea and couldnt make it to the bathroom. we checked out after our food was dilevered...about 30 minutes after checking in.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Linda J
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed here on the way to Florida.It was clean .I probably will not stay there next year.
It's OK for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple